Not open for further replies.

ZiSunka

It means 'yellow dog'
Jan 16, 2002
✟38,767.00
Faith
Christian
ZiSunka has died suddenly.

She left a note asking me to come to this website and let everyone know, and to thank Tulc and Cletic Rose. among others, for their friendship and support. She asked me to distribute her blessing points and to close out her account.

There were no public services.

As a memorial, I am posting her obituary with all personal information removed. She was quite a modest person in life, but I feel like her life should not pass unnoticed from this place where she spent the last five years among you.

I know she had many run-ins with some of the elderly men here who want to dominate the forum and exclude those who would not surrender to their version of doctrine. I often told her that elderly men have issues with self-worth and significance in their twilight years and they sometimes dominate and even destroy other people in an effort to feel sigficant. She feared that this forum would end up in spiritual slavery to the ideas and doctrines of people who fear freedom in Christ.

She really cared about all of you and her prayer journal was stuffed with prayers for all of you.

Ultimately, she struggled with the pressures of dealing with her mentally-ill sister, financial difficulties, and loneliness.

Here is her obituary:

---------------------
XXXXXX XXXXX, XX (her age), of XXXXX (her city), passed away suddenly XXXXXX (the day she died).

Ms. XXXXX was born in Warren, Ohio in XXXX, daughter of the late (parents' names). She graduated from XXXXX high school with honors, and received degrees from XXXX State University and XXXX State University, where she graduated second in her class.

Ms. XXXXX was a children's librarian in the 1980s, where she made lifelong friends with many of the children and parents she served. Under her direction, the children's department increased services to the community through programs that attracted hundreds of new users to the library every year. She taught the first computer literacy courses in the county and established several library traditions that are still followed to this day.

In the late 1980s, Ms. XXXXX became a park planner for major cities around the state. Hundreds of thousands of people have played in her parks. She created or renovated more than 40 parks, mostly in poor urban neighborhoods, designed and built numerous miles of bikeways, and won numerous awards for their design and construction. Two of her parks were used as recurrent outdoor backdrops in two network TV shows.

Under her tenure, thousands of acres of natural area were protected from development in perpetuity through conservation easements.

One of her parks, XXXXXXX Park, hosts dozens of cultural events each year and is consisdered the cultural hub of XXXXXX (city the park is in).

Ms. XXXXX leaves behind a non-profit organization, (name deleted) which she founded in 2000, to encourage families in poor and rural communities to read more.

During her life, she sent more than 8,000 Bibles and hymnals to new entrepuenerial churches and ministries around the world, gave away more than 15,000 new books to clients of food pantries, and established Christian libraries in (three African countries).

Ms. XXXXX is survived by a sister, a nephew, and many friends. A niece preceeded her in death.

There will be no services and a private burial.
-------------------

I would add that she was married and divorced young, and never remarried so she could devote herself to serving the Lord. Because of this, she often suffered from extreme loneliness. She came to this forum to interact with all of you because she genuinely enjoyed your company.

Sincerely,

ZiSunka's cousin Debbie

WayneinMaine

Dec 9, 2006
Maine
Visit site
✟11,244.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
...any more details available?
The obit posted is not from the Tribune Chronicle (the Warren, Ohio newspaper). I got a very nasty note from this same cousin. It all sounds suspiciously mysteriously to me, especially the continued anonymity.

Upvote 0

RenewedbyFaith

Dec 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
✟15,302.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm afraid it's true.

I'm at Zi's house right now helping her family get it ready to put on the market.

Zi was very nice to me more than once. I met her here and we hit it off as friends, and when I needed a place to go to get away from the pressures of medical school for a while, she let me come stay with her. I was able to commute to school from her house. It was good for me to have that commute time to "power down" from the stress, and it was good for her because she was pretty lonely.

She was a very generous person. In real life, she was known as a very soft-spoken and upbeat person. She was quick to smile and make people comfortable.

Many people who knew her have told me that she was a great encourager. When I was seriously thinking of quitting school, she lifted me up and got me going again.

She let the homeless people use her office computer to look for jobs and her office address to get their mail. She never bragged or showed off about it though. While others talk about helping the poor, she was actually doing it.

Upvote 0

WayneinMaine

Dec 9, 2006
Maine
Visit site
✟11,244.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm afraid it's true.

I'm at Zi's house right now helping her family get it ready to put on the market.

Zi was very nice to me more than once. I met her here and we hit it off as friends, and when I needed a place to go to get away from the pressures of medical school for a while, she let me come stay with her. I was able to commute to school from her house. It was good for me to have that commute time to "power down" from the stress, and it was good for her because she was pretty lonely.

She was a very generous person. In real life, she was known as a very soft-spoken and upbeat person. She was quick to smile and make people comfortable.

Many people who knew her have told me that she was a great encourager. When I was seriously thinking of quitting school, she lifted me up and got me going again.

She let the homeless people use her office computer to look for jobs and her office address to get their mail. She never bragged or showed off about it though. While others talk about helping the poor, she was actually doing it.
You could convince us that this is not an elaborate hoax by telling us her real name and the details Mr. Jim asked for. You could also obtain some credibility for yourself and convince some of us who are skeptical that you are not in fact just another pseudonym for who ever this mysterious anonymous ZiSunka is by giving is pointers to verifiable information supporting the facts stated in the anonymized obituary –like the newspaper this obituary was published in.

I’ll withdraw my complaint to the moderators –including that concerning the nasty note from “ZiSunka’s cousin” if someone will present some verifiable, credible sources. Otherwise I see this as a dishonest abuse of these forums by ZiSunka and RenewedbyFaith.

Give us some proof and I will withdraw my complaint, otherwise I will ask the moderators to strike this thread and I will report any continued abuse by pseudonymous posters to them.

Upvote 0

WayneinMaine

Dec 9, 2006
Maine
Visit site
✟11,244.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Wayne, why would her obit be in the Tribune Chronicle?

Your negativity is just too much. Even when she's dead, you're still harassing her.
No, I never harassed her or anyone else on this forum. If I had I would have been deservingly suspended from participating in Christian Forums. I have been harassed by people on this forum (some of the PMs I received were pretty intense) and I decided a few months ago to use the appropriate channels to stop misleading information and personal harassment from being posted to this forum. Quite frankly this looks like more of the same.

But you can change my mind about that by being open and honest -and verifiable in your statements. If you think my request is "harassment" then report it to the moderators so that they can investigate it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RenewedbyFaith

Dec 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
✟15,302.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wayne, the rules clearly state that we can't reveal personally identifable information about ourselves or other users. That's why Debbie blotted out any information that could lead someone to identify her.

It sounds to me that you are trying to trap me into violating the rules so you can have me banned, too.

Also, with your history of harrassing her on this board, the family doesn't want you to have any information about her identity and location that you don't already have. Are you the one that was making the harrassing phone calls to her, too? That was just cruel.

Wayne, you have to ask yourself what there is about you that led you to harrass her so much. You have personal problems that you should have looked at.

And Jim, since you want all the juicy details, she killed herself. She just gave up on life. She was working three jobs and only had one day off in the last 21, she lost her support system, had a hard time making ends meet, lost her long-time boyfriend and she was being harrassed constantly on this board and another social networking website she went to and by telephone. Does that satisfy your fleshly curiosity? She just had more than she could bear.

Thanks everyone for making her death dignified and solemn. It's incredibly sad to me that Wayne is continuing to report and harrass her even after she is dead.

I can't bear to be part of this travesty anymore. A sister in Christ dies and you all act like there's some giant conspiracy to defraud you or something. This is making me just sick.

Bye everyone. Get a life Wayne. This isn't all about you.

Reactions: Pogue
Upvote 0

WayneinMaine

Dec 9, 2006
Maine
Visit site
✟11,244.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Wayne, the rules clearly state that we can't reveal personally identifable information about ourselves or other users. That's why Debbie blotted out any information that could lead someone to identify her.
It sounds to me that you are trying to trap me into violating the rules so you can have me banned, too.

No. I'm trying to find out the truth about something that appears to be an elaborate hoax intended to disparage participants on this group by making it look like they contributed to someone's death.

Also, with your history of harrassing her on this board, the family doesn't want you to have any information about her identity and location that you don't already have. Are you the one that was making the harrassing phone calls to her, too? That was just cruel.

This is slander.

you have to ask yourself what there is about you that led you to harrass her so much. You have personal problems that you should have looked at.

and more of the same...

since you want all the juicy details, she killed herself. She just gave up on life. She was working three jobs and only had one day off in the last 21, she lost her support system, had a hard time making ends meet, lost her long-time boyfriend and she was being harrassed constantly on this board and another social networking website she went to and by telephone. Does that satisfy your fleshly curiosity? She just had more than she could bear.

She was being stood up to for the scurrilous and slanderous remarks she was making.

I can't be part of this travesty anymore. A sister in Christ dies and you all act like there's some giant conspiracy to defraud you or something. This is making me just sick.
Bye everyone. Get a life Wayne. This isn't all about you.

I find it mind boggling that someone would fabricate such a terrible tragedy as an act of vengeance for having been reported to the moderators of this forum. That is how I read this and as there are no attempts being made to provide evidence that this is not a hoax I will take it as such and have reported it to the moderators who will hopefully investigate the matter and delete this whole thread.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.