Jan 19, 2004
Home.... mostly
Visit site
✟21,356.00
Faith
Judaism
Milla, Jonathan David...

Thanks for the entertainment!

That's what the Canadian forum should be (and mostly is) all about!

:) :) :)

(I'll leave it you to decide who gets the extra smile... :D)

Dibs!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, I think that we might have derailed the thread a bit... sorry everyone... but it was milla's fault. (glad you enjoyed Avatar... we'll be here all week... then we are taking the show on the road)

Upvote 0

OrthodoxServant86

Jun 27, 2003
Southern Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟318.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
As a Canadian, I say Zed (yay :D )

And in response to an earlier question regarding the origin of the "ed" in "zed," I'd be willing to wager a hefty sum that it is from the greek Zeta, with a rougher, germanic breathing on the "t," eventually coming down to us in a "d" sound without the final "a".

You heard it here first folks, another useless fact :thumbsup: .

In love and peace,

-Justin

Upvote 0

traingosorry

I'm what Willis was talkin' bout.
Mar 10, 2004
✟14,190.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
OrthodoxServant86 said:
As a Canadian, I say Zed (yay :D )

And in response to an earlier question regarding the origin of the "ed" in "zed," I'd be willing to wager a hefty sum that it is from the greek Zeta, with a rougher, germanic breathing on the "t," eventually coming down to us in a "d" sound without the final "a".

You heard it here first folks, another useless fact :thumbsup: .

In love and peace,

-Justin
a useless fact is always beneficial, so in reality it's not useless at all :D

Upvote 0

SeRapH&CheRi

Sassy GurlMember!
Apr 3, 2002
eastcoastoftheusa
✟6,276.00
Faith
Christian
I used to say ZED.
But since I've been living here in the States, now I say ZEE. *S&C runs and hides*
I do, however, have a perfectly good explanation for conforming to this "Americanism". I used to teach high school english literature and grammer here and so everytime I would say the letter "Z" as "Zed", all of my students would give me this stupid look, like I didn't know what I was talking about. Now I couldn't look like a total moron in front of my students, could I? ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

newlite

Watermelon and Sunsets. Proof GOD loves us!
Aug 16, 2004
Canada
✟10,321.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
i normally dont use the letter Z in sentences, unless of course im saying "i normally dont use the letter Z in sentences, unless of course im saying "i normally dont use the letter Z in sentences, unless of course im saying "i normally dont use the letter Z in sentences, unless of course im saying "i normally dont use the letter Z in sentences, unless of course im saying "i normally dont use the letter Z in sentences, unless of course im saying "i normally dont use the letter Z in sentences, unless of course im saying "i normally dont use the letter Z in sentences, unless of course im saying...""""""". :)

Upvote 0