Status
Not open for further replies.

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Josephus,

In reply to your post on regarding Zechariah 12:10 I wrote:
Aren't the RSv, TEV, TLB and MOFFAT recognized Bibles too? What truth are you saying is layed out before me?

Wasn't Jesus saying the truth when he said that God is Spirit? Wasn't Jesus saying the truth when he said he is a man? Wasn't Jesus saying the truth when he said that the Father is the only true God? Wasn't Jesus saying the truth when he said a spirit (God is spirit, remember) doesn't have flesh and bones as he has?

You say Jesus is God. If that is true, aren't you sying Jesus LIED when he said the Father is the only true God?

Your version of Zechariah 12:10 cannot be true because if Jesus was God whom they pierced, then there would
have been two Gods. One, the God whom they pierced and mourned for and wept over, and two, the God who raised
Jesus from the dead (Rom. 10:9). And the Bible does not support this false idea of two Gods. Moreover, Jesus
would have been lying when he said that God is spirit (John 4:24) and therefore could not be pierced.

Your reply:
Or you're forgetting the third option to explain Zech 12:10:

that "they" are one and the same God.

If "Me", and "Him" are one and the same God, then it quite easily explains the other objections you stated above: both Jesus and the Father are one and the same God. The one and only true God.

Who says they are "one and the same God"? In John 10:30, Jesus says "I and the Father are one." Where does it say in this verse that they are "one and the same God?" This is pure speculation. The verses could be interpreted another way. Hence, your "third option" cannot explain the objections I stated above.

You say "Jesus and the Father are one and the same God." Are you suggesting that what you say is the WORD of God? Have you replaced the Bible as the Christian religion's only basis for its faith?

You say that Jesus and the Father ARE the one and only true God.

On the contrary, Jesus says the Father (John 17:1), is the only true God (John 17:3).

Are you suggesting that anyone who believes you will be saved and anyone who believes Jesus (John 17:3) is doomed?

Are you truly after the welfare of your readers or are you after the preservation of your ego?

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.