drummerboyas157

Nov 1, 2005
✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
I just went through a DTS (Discipleship Training School) with Ywam in Africa. I loved it! It all comes down to deepening your relationship with God. There were many different people in my class 5 different nations. The age range was from me 19 to 35 This was all in a class only of 9 students. Everyone learned so much, it was amazing how God can take so many different situations and people, place us all together and make us grow so much!
In Ywam they go deep on the unchangeable truths of God. I came in with a different theology then most people, but did not feel like they were ever pushing their theology, What they would do is just teach on subjects like the Father heart of God, Spiritual warfare, Discipleship, Prayer and intercession, Evangelism. ect. They also give a lot of attention one on one. A huge part of Ywam is growing your world view so you go on outreach for three months. I went to South Africa, and Mozambique and it was great! We partnered with many different organizations and there was such unity. No matter what area of life you are going in I think it is one of the best choices you can do. I had many people in my class going into Arts in the secular world, or music, or all of that but now they have such a good foundation in God.
Before Ywam I did an internship and wondered if Ywam might be to basic because I already learned it. But I found I really needed it. There was much healing, and deeper understanding of the things I had already learned.
As for the student loans, that makes it a little hard because you have to support yourself in Ywam but so many people have just trusted God for the money and he provided. Our school had 3 people that had no money and the needed 3000 dollars or so and another 3 had only half, but God provided through ways we never even knew. People we didnt know would just send in money.
Sorry this is so long but over all I would highly recommend Ywam its usally only a 6 month period or so. And they are very good with training people and letting them go into the world to where they re called. For example I am not going to work with Ywam full time because I feel called somewhere else, but I will for sure partner with them some day. All my staff encouraged me in what I am planning and are supporting me 100%. So I hope all that helps!

Upvote 0

handmaiden97

Veteran
Jun 7, 2005
Wyoming
Visit site
✟9,518.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
to be honest I cant think of any cons only pro's

I did my DTS 10 years ago and God really did a lot in my life. As far as school loans YWAM is a part of Univeristy of the nations and for me the loan office was willing to hold off and allow me the 6 months to do the DTS before requiring my other loans paid back,,all it took was a phone call and to fill out a piece of paper

Upvote 0