Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I've been following this--interesting. But how can you expect anyone who believes in the immortality of the soul, and an everlasting burning hell to accept that Christ had the choice to sin or not just as we??
You don't think they are related??--Yes, they are.
As has been repeatedly told to me--Christ did not die, it was impossible for Him to die because He is God--and God can not die. Therefore--Christ did not die for our sins--He did not have to die, He just had to shed His blood to cover our sins.

Well, then why bother having Him come to earth, suffer hunger (believe me, anyone who can do a 40 day fast will have no trouble saying no to sexual temptations!!) be tortured and crucified--they say his Humanity died--but not really because humanity has an immortal soul and His soul went to hell for those 3 days and He suffered our punishment---again--His death was not possible, you can't kill God.---
Well, why didn't He just slit His wrists and sprinkle His blood then??---
But the bible says He died and was resurrected--No--You can't kill God!! And what about all those verses in the bible that says Christ died and God raised Him up from the dead?? How can there be a resuurection without a dead body??
So, what was the resurrection--His soul was returned to His body---so then His human body did die??---No!! He was God and you can't kill God!!---So then He really did not die for our sins??--No, He shed His blood for our sins!!!!---and slicing His wrists would not have done the same thing??--....And on and on it went!! Circle, circle, circle!!
So, when Satan told Eve that they would not die, He was right and God had lied to her??--No, she did die--but not her soul, her soul went directly to heaven--so she never died?--just her body--so Satan was right?--No, the body did die--but not the soul--and those who sinned their souls go directly to hell and burn and suffer forever and ever--their souls do not die, our souls are immortal--So we are then all immortal and immortality is not a gift from God to the saved as the bible says ??----The soul can't die--So Satan was right when He called God a liar---Of Course Not!! God can't lie!!!

So, of course, Christ could not have sinned!!--God can't sin!!--Why would Satan bother to tempt Him when he knew Christ could not sin because He is God?? Jesus was God, He alone is perfect because He is God and we can never be perfect because we are not God--His blood covers our sins and we can go on sinning and God has to forgive us because of Christs blood--we can't be like Jesus--So why does the bible say we are to be like Jesus and not sin, like He told the woman "Go-- AND SIN N0 MORE."--but we can't be free from sin, that impossible--So, Christ died foir nothing??__No, wait, He never did die--His blood covers our sins and the priest can obsolve us all from sin by his word so we are then free from sin--but not because God will give us the same power, through His Holy Spirit, to overcome sin--only Jesus can not sin. So all things are not possible with God?? We can not overcome sin as the bible says??--Of course not, we're saved in our sins not from our sins--so the bible is wrong?--we can't be freed from sin??---God can't lie!!

I've got this migraine now and must go--my brain feels like it has swelled to the bursting point.

Upvote 0