progressivegal

Jan 3, 2005
✟16,438.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
So I'm just curious is anyone's Mom a pastor, priest or minister?
Care to share anything about it?
I've known a few people growing up who's dad's where ministers but as far as I know, no moms. Most of the ministers I know now (male or female)are single or have adult children I've never met, though I do know one woman fairly well who is a pastor and has 2 little children, but that's about it as far as I know. I'm really just curious but if you're mom is a minister/pastor/priest what was that like for you growing up? How do you think it would differ from having a father who is a minister? Or wouldn't it?
I ask partly because I've wondered in the past if God might call me to be a priest or minister someday (I don't really feel that way now, but I did for quite a while), and just because of my own curiosity.

grey.tea

Nov 16, 2009
british columbia
✟15,220.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
nahh, female pastors are hard to come by i hear. a girl i knew awhile back got A LOT of static when she even HINTED at learning more to become a pastor-type-person. and that wasn't even her intent.

im a PK and my mum is a counselor on the side, she's really amazing on her own, as well as my dad, but nope, she's not a pastor.

as for growing up differently... i think it would just depend on the kind of person she is. not every male pastor is the same, and i usually try to avoid genderizing people like that, but i dont doubt that there would be the same pressure on male pastors to be there for female pastors, and maybe more.

Upvote 0