Visit site
✟5,548.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The bottom line here is that our lives as a whole,(parts make up a whole) are to be a testimony of what we believe. Every thing we do, every word we speak, how we treat our body, every thought we let in or let out, is to glorify GOD. Hence the icon, "WWJD". What we should think hard on before everything we do, think, etc........... should be "Would JESUS Be Pleased".

[pong]GOD bless you all[/pong]

Upvote 0

GodsNeverFarBehind

Feb 26, 2006
I wish not here
✟7,666.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
like fletcherb said, our body's are supposed to be God's temple...but personally, i dont think its a bad thing to have tattoos...like USMC said that your tattoos that you had in the past before u came to Christ can be used as a testimony to how God changed your life, there's a guy that is in the Christian motorcycle group my parents are in and he has tattoos all over his arms and what-not, and not all of them are very Christ-like, but he had them before he got saved, so i guess he keeps them to show as a testimony as USMC said

once i'm old enough, id like to get a tattoo...not sure what of yet but i dont think its bad thing to have one, as long as your not getting one that ic junk on it

Upvote 0

Debtfree

Mar 9, 2005
Colorado
Visit site
✟419.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
bakerdad32 said:
I was wounding what your thought's on tattoos were and Scripture to back it up.i'm not sure of my feelings on this subject any help.:scratch:

In most cases, I personally do not like them. Does that mean they are not of God? I guess that is up to the person getting them.

I really don't like the evil looking ones. That in my opinion is not of God, but that isn't to say all tattoos are not of God. I have seen God use people who are all tattooed up. He is greater than a bunch of body art.

I just think most it looks strange. Just my opinion

Debtfree:wave:

Upvote 0

OnYourWings

Mar 4, 2006
Lansing, MI
Visit site
✟137.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
bakerdad32 said:
I was wounding what your thought's on tattoos were and scipture to back it up.i'm not sure of my feelings on this subject any help.:scratch:
my thoughts on tattoos are fairly simple, though i dont have a specific scripture to back them up handy.

i feel (personally) that we're free to decorate the Lord's temple in any way that brings Him glory. i've been personally convicted that any tattoos which seperate people (flags, articles of artificial identification, like army units and such) are wrong - the Lord wants us going after unity and love, i think... he made our bodies very similar and it's my own personal conviction that he doesnt want us dividing ourselves through manmade symbols... but that's just my personal conviction, not something i'll shove at anyone else.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.