Your thoughts on Hebrews 10:26?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jay1_z

Mar 15, 2004
✟221.00
Faith
Christian
10:26 When people deliberately reject Christ's offer of salvation, they reject God's most precious gift. They ignore the leading of the Holy Spirit, the one who communicates to us God's saving love. This warning was give to Jewish Christians who were tempted to reject Christ for Judaism, but it applies to anyone who rejects Christ for another religion or, having understood Christ's atoning work, deliberately turns away from it (see also Number 15:30-31 & Mark 3:28-30). The point is that there is no other acceptable sacrifice for sin than the death of Christ on the cross. If someone deliberately rejects the sacrifice of Christ after clearly understanding the Gospel teaching about it, then there is no way for that person to be saved, because God has not provided any other name under heaven by which we can be saved (see Acts 4:12)

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jay 1_z has the right answer. Paul said that it is no longer me that sins, but sin that dwells in my flesh.

Galatians 5:17 is good too:

Galatians 5:17 (NLB) The old sinful nature loves to do evil, which is just opposite from what the Holy Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are opposite from what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, and your choices are never free from this conflict.

Upvote 0

The_Lords_Froggy

Feb 14, 2004
Mississippi
Visit site
✟7,804.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Thanks for the replies. I'm really having a hard time with the willful sinning part..or what I call that. I'm really confused as to everything right now. I'm having problems with patience, since I have a short fuse and also a very short irritation span (lol, does that make sense?). I can't stand a lot of things around me, and I get very aggitated at just any little thing. It gets so bad sometimes that my parents can ask me enough questions until I start crying because I don't want to smart off to them. I want you to pray for me if you can. God bless you. :hug:

Upvote 0

Rafael

Only time enough for love
Jul 25, 2002
Midwest
Visit site
✟6,445.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The_Lords_Froggy said:
Thanks for the replies. I'm really having a hard time with the willful sinning part..or what I call that. I'm really confused as to everything right now. I'm having problems with patience, since I have a short fuse and also a very short irritation span (lol, does that make sense?). I can't stand a lot of things around me, and I get very aggitated at just any little thing. It gets so bad sometimes that my parents can ask me enough questions until I start crying because I don't want to smart off to them. I want you to pray for me if you can. God bless you. :hug:
Patience is the most difficult of God's fruit to develop through the Holy Spirit. Pray for it, but patience is developed with trial.
When you have trial and trouble, and I know this is hard to accept, the Bible tells us to have joy because God is working in our lives to produce the fruit of patience and longsuffering. Just think how patient and longsuffering God is with us and then you can have more of that for others that do wrong. It takes time, so spend it trusting that God will finish His work in you and He is faithful to complete it. If we continue to grow in His grace, we will have all the victories of overcoming by His precious blood and our fighting the good fight. Praise and thank God even when you have these troubles and growing pains. It pleases Him to see that you trust Him.

Philippians 1:6 And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again

James 1:2 Dear brothers and sisters, whenever trouble comes your way, let it be an opportunity for joy.
3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Upvote 0

themessenger

the messenger
Apr 3, 2004
✟120.00
Faith
Catholic
"If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me."
Matthew 16:24

"Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there."
Galatians 5:24 (NLT)

Let us pray that Jesus may help us deny ourselves and sin-less in our lives. It is what it all comes down to. We must deny ourselves pleasure, etc the opposite of what the world is telling us. More often that not it is our very selves that get in the way. It is a battle within ourselves. It is a crusade, not for ourselves but for Christ! (remember where always number #2)

:p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BelievingThomas

Sep 6, 2004
Orlando
✟114.00
Faith
Protestant
This verse has caused me much dificulty and dispair! It has caused me much difficulty for many years! I have even struggled with depression in this verses implications. I went to the Bible and put down my commentaries and asked God to show me what this means. I read Hebrews chapter 1-10. What it seemed like God was telling me was that the "willful sin" is not just any willful sin.

God showed me that in Hebrews 3:17-19 "And with whom was he angry for forty years? Was it not with those who sinned, whose bodies fell in the desert? 18And to whom did God swear that they would never enter his rest if not to those who disobeyed ? 19So we see that they were not able to enter, because of their unbelief. NIV.

and Hebrews 4, it talks about "sin" but in these verses "sin" CLEARLY means "unbelief"! So the wilful sin is to reject Christ in willful unbelief. Coming into the knowledge of the truth now condemns you if you reject Christ in unbelif.

This means that there is forgiveness for all sins that a Christian commits! Furthermore, Hebrews 10:1-25 talks clearly about us being forgiven forever.

I thank God for helping me with this verse. :bow:

Forgiveness is the base of our blessings!

I hope this helps you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.