Delhi
✟18,935.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Private
Such as? Do you know that in the granite around the world are found polonium halos trapped in the granite. In order for this fast decaying isotope to be captured in the rock it would have had to cool within minutes or the decaying uranium would have escaped to atmosphere. How long does evolutionary theory say the planet cooled? What evidence?

That is just one of many, many evidences showing Creation science has empirical proof and evolution only has theories or suppositions.

Have you ever looked at the intricate workings of a DNA strands and how it replicates and repairs itself? Chance or random in the making?... statistically impossible. You would have to be a fool to come up with that idea after seeing how impossibly complex the smallest particle is designed.
The Age of the Earth - Polonium Halos as a Creationist Clock: Scott Pfahler
In short, there is no way to know if this is polonium. And polonium cannot be used for finding age, so the granite may be formed at a later stage as well.
Also, as far as I know, a radioactive substance never fully decays. It has a half life. I.e.
xg of tritium decays in 12.33 years to become x/2
x/2g of tritium decays is 12.33 years to become x/4
and so on.
Which is why scientists are able to conduct carbon dating. Not sure if this is of any use though.

EDIT: Another source
Origin of Polonium Halos

Upvote 0

Jjmcubbin

Feb 3, 2018
Delhi
✟18,935.00
Country
India
Faith
Hindu
Marital Status
Private
the problem is that the argument from consensus isnt a scientific argument. science was wrong many times in the past.
Yes, and each time it was wrong, it was told WHY is was wrong and replaced by another theory that explained all the existing phenomena aka not creationism. Currently, darwin's idea are accepted. Earlier, Lamarck's ideas and mutation theory were considered by discarded because of the reason I mentioned.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and each time it was wrong, it was told WHY is was wrong and replaced by another theory that explained all the existing phenomena aka not creationism. Currently, darwin's idea are accepted. Earlier, Lamarck's ideas and mutation theory were considered by discarded because of the reason I mentioned.
since we have evidence against that consensus we dont need to rely on the consensus. very simple.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Arguments based on the False Equivalence fallacy don't count.
tell this to prof dawkins who said: “Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose”

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
if its science we can falsfy or test it. can you give such a test for evolution?

As a scientific theory, evolution is quite broad in the biological phenomena it covers. Asking for a test to falsify evolution is like asking for a test to falsify physics.

You will have to be a lot more specific.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
tell this to prof dawkins who said: “Biology is the study of complicated things that give the appearance of having been designed for a purpose”

Have you actually read The Blind Watchmaker (the source of that quote)? Because if you had, you'd know that Dawkins entire argument is arguing that life is not the product of intelligent design, but rather natural forces.

Quote mining a single sentence from that book doesn't support your argument. Especially given that Dawkins never proposes a methodology for detecting design, and is using the term in a colloquial sense in the context of that quote.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Again, such vacuous rhetoric suggests you don't know anything about science in general, much less what a scientific theory is in particular.
Science at multiple levels

Theories, on the other hand, are broad explanations for a wide range of phenomena. They are concise (i.e., generally don't have a long list of exceptions and special rules), coherent, systematic, predictive, and broadly applicable. In fact, theories often integrate and generalize many hypotheses.​
I have a theory about you.. what are the chances I'm right?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I'll take that to mean my point slipped right by you.

If you're suggesting that I wouldn't go out of my way to read creationist literature, then you'd be incorrect in that assumption. In fact, I'd wager I've absorbed more creationist/ID material than most creationists.

Otherwise, I don't really care what point you were making since you've already long revealed you have little to no interest in learning about the ToE. Which reinforces the point of my question to the other poster.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
As a scientific theory, evolution is quite broad in the biological phenomena it covers. Asking for a test to falsify evolution is like asking for a test to falsify physics.

You will have to be a lot more specific.

ok. do you think that a fossil in the wrong place will falsify evolution as prof dawkins admit?

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Have you actually read The Blind Watchmaker (the source of that quote)? Because if you had, you'd know that Dawkins entire argument is arguing that life is not the product of intelligent design, but rather natural forces.

Quote mining a single sentence from that book doesn't support your argument. Especially given that Dawkins never proposes a methodology for detecting design, and is using the term in a colloquial sense in the context of that quote.
of course that dawkins dont believe in design. but he also think that nature looks designed.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
Evolution has plenty of evidence when it comes to genetics and the fossil record

can you give an example please?

If Creationism does, I'm unfamiliar with it, so you're going to have to provide actual sources

do you think that a robot that is almost identical to human is evidence for design? (say a robot that has DNA).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
of course that dawkins dont believe in design. but he also think that nature looks designed.

He thinks that biological organisms are "designed" via evolution.

Again, quote mining him is not supporting your argument especially given his central thesis of The Blind Watchmaker. If you haven't read it, I'd encourage you to do so so you can better understand his views.

Upvote 0

xianghua

Feb 14, 2017
tel aviv
✟111,555.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Single
See what you mean what? You've asked me this in the past and we already discussed it. Go search the forum archives for my thoughts on the subject.
and i already falsify the claim that such a fossil will falsify evolution. for instance: if we will find a monkey fossil with a dino we can explain it by convergent evolution (monkeys evolved twice) or claiming for anomaly. simple as that and evolution is ok in any case. this isnt science but religion.

Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No, I didn't just make that up. You can read a detailed explanation of the processes involved here.
I find these articles basically the same... lots of scientific nomenclature that at first glance impresses the reader of authenticity. However, when one starts reading critically, these are the statements frequently used...

plausibly explained
could, perhaps,
have indicated
that could have
is possible
may also
probably indicates
it is plausible

Because geology is an actual earth science, the article is rife with scientifically sound statements and conclusions but when comparison is made to Gentry's conclusions, the above language comes into play. It is much easier to spot this admission of supposition in papers dealing with age of the earth, age of the universe, origin of the universe etc.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.