Your testimony helps in the defeat of satan.

Deana

May 4, 2004
✟7,644.00
Faith
Christian

Testimony is one of the defeaters of satan. Your story of where God has delivered you from is your great opportunity.

What the Bible says about testimony

Jesus talks to the Jewish Leaders in Jerusalem who were harrassing him

John 5 31"If I were to testify on my own behalf, my testimony would not be valid. 32But someone else is also testifying about me, and I can assure you that everything he says about me is true. 33In fact, you sent messengers to listen to John the Baptist, and he preached the truth. 34But the best testimony about me is not from a man, though I have reminded you about John's testimony so you might be saved. 35John shone brightly for a while, and you benefited and rejoiced. 36But I have a greater witness than John--my teachings and my miracles. They have been assigned to me by the Father, and they testify that the Father has sent me.

You to testify to non-believers today by what you do and how you act. Also, wanted to point out that Jesus hoped that John the Baptists testimony might remind them of him so they might be saved.

37And the Father himself has also testified about me. You have never heard his voice or seen him face to face, 38and you do not have his message in your hearts, because you do not believe me--the one he sent to you.

The testimony of the Father God. You have the testimony of God in your heart. To tell you the truth about Jesus when you believe.

John the Baptist was given the opportunity to witness

John 1 6God sent John the Baptist 7to tell everyone about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony. 8John himself was not the light; he was only a witness to the light.

Giving our testimony is our opportunity to witness for Jesus.

Jesus speaks to his disciples:

Matthew 10 18And you must stand trial before governors and kings because you are my followers. This will be your opportunity to tell them about me--yes, to witness to the world.

Luke 24 47With my authority, take this message of repentance to all the nations, beginning in Jerusalem: `There is forgiveness of sins for all who turn to me.' 48You are witnesses of all these things.

Acts 4 33And the apostles gave powerful witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and God's great favor was upon them all.

God's great favor was upon them for their powerful witness

Jesus teaching, cruscifiction, and resurrection was the beginning... the testimony of the disciples is the other defeater of satan.

*The spead of Christianity from the Christ from the testimony of the disciples.*

Another important testimony in the Bible
Saul (Paul) witnesses Steven's stoning and testimony

Acts 8 1 Saul was one of the official witnesses at the killing of Stephen.
Persecution Scatters the Believers A great wave of persecution began that day, sweeping over the church in Jerusalem, and all the believers except the apostles fled into Judea and Samaria.

From the stoning and testimony Christianity spreads in a great wave
Jesus shines down on Paul when he is in the middle of a great persecution of Christians

Acts 26 15" `Who are you, sir?' I asked. "And the Lord replied, `I am Jesus, the one you are persecuting. 16Now stand up! For I have appeared to you to appoint you as my servant and my witness. You are to tell the world about this experience and about other times I will appear to you.

Tells him to give testimony

God always leaves a witness for the things he does.

Acts 14 16In earlier days he permitted all the nations to go their own ways, 17but he never left himself without a witness. There were always his reminders, such as sending you rain and good crops and giving you food and joyful hearts."

God's own testimony

1 John 5 9Since we believe human testimony, surely we can believe the testimony that comes from God. And God has testified about his Son. 10All who believe in the Son of God know that this is true. Those who don't believe this are actually calling God a liar because they don't believe what God has testified about his Son.

Paul comments on the importance of testimony

1 Timothy 6 Pauls Final Instructions 11But you, Timothy, belong to God; so run from all these evil things, and follow what is right and good. Pursue a godly life, along with faith, love, perseverance, and gentleness.12Fight the good fight for what we believe. Hold tightly to the eternal life that God has given you, which you have confessed so well before many witnessess

Give testimony of the eternal life God has given you

Do your part to help in the defeat of satan

Revelation 12 10Then I heard a loud voice shouting across the heavens, "It has happened at last--the salvation and power and kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ! For the Accuser has been thrown down to earth--the one who accused our brothers and sisters before our God day and night. 11And they have defeated him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of their testimony. And they were not afraid to die.12Rejoice, O heavens! And you who live in the heavens, rejoice! But terror will come on the earth and the sea. For the Devil has come down to you in great anger, and he knows that he has little time."

They have defeated him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the testimony of the brothers and sisters. And the heavens rejoice.

So give your testimony to others whether it be by words or by actions
It is your great opportunity and may God's great favor be upon you

All glory to God