Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Would you like share what storms in your life are happening and how Jesus Christ our beautiful Lord is helping you? Right in the midst of our lives, in deepest trouble, He holds our hands and calms the turbulence. Peace in the centre.

Me? Both parents close to the end.A dear friend succumbing to dementia. Another too frail to remain independent so in a nursing home. Brothers not communicating as they are full of rage and lack of faith in anything. Yes it's a huge storm threatening to drown me. Yet.... I am at peace. I pray, read my Bible and am conducting my life streadily. Doing the right thing i hope, through the guidance of Jesus. I know all these things will be resolved.
I love Jesus. He is my rock. Tell me privately or on here how He helps you. Let us inspire each other and worship Him.

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,779.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well family matters and individuals who live against the will of God, who won't accept Jesus I consider to be Their storms, not mine. I can only be there for them when they realize that, if they ever do. And pray behind the scenes for them.

My storms ? The dark side knocks me over the head with my past or worldly matters. Periodically when this gets strong, and it can get real dark, I rebuke any entity, spirit or creeping thing in my life that has crept in, in the name of Jesus . Then I speak to Jesus that He follow up on these matters. I walk through my house now and then doing that and find immediate peace when I do and the darkness that was creeping in is lifted. I've been at this too long to fall for it but every once in a while I mistake that maybe the Holy Spirit is convicting me. Rebuking and calling on Jesus settles it, if it clears it was not of the Holy Spirit, but the real tell tale sign is that sense of darkness. It's real but I may not spot it immediately. When it lifts it's like a weight is gone, it's like a dark rainy day and the clouds thin out letting in brightness from the sun, though it hasn't yet cleared but you know it will, the storm is over.

We are living in a peculiar time, I'm getting whacked with oppression now and then ( just recently in fact, prior to that was about a year ago) but the poor people in these forums, I see some who are new Christians and the enemy is doing a number on them. We see it almost daily here. They're too new to understand it usually. Or they read too much into it.

Health issues. That's another storm, it seems one something after another from age 62 or so to present. But this storm causes me to pray for the sick and injured and doctors, hospitals and staff. And yes, for myself and for my wife too.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,159,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do sometimes have some smaller storms on days before I've prayed the Lord's Prayer in Matthew chapter 6, and those get calmed when I pray as He said there.

Since you mentioned 'storm' and even 'rock'..., I'm reminded of His wonderful assurance (and warning) to us :) --

24 “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. 25 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock. 26 And everyone who hears these words of mine and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand. 27 And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell, and great was the fall of it.”

Praise the Lord!

Would you like share what storms in your life are happening and how Jesus Christ our beautiful Lord is helping you? Right in the midst of our lives, in deepest trouble, He holds our hands and calms the turbulence. Peace in the centre.

Me? Both parents close to the end.A dear friend succumbing to dementia. Another too frail to remain independent so in a nursing home. Brothers not communicating as they are full of rage and lack of faith in anything. Yes it's a huge storm threatening to drown me. Yet.... I am at peace. I pray, read my Bible and am conducting my life streadily. Doing the right thing i hope, through the guidance of Jesus. I know all these things will be resolved.
I love Jesus. He is my rock. Tell me privately or on here how He helps you. Let us inspire each other and worship Him.

Upvote 0