• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

your opinion...

Discussion in 'Secular Music' started by TwilightSol, Jun 6, 2008.

1. TwilightSol

TwilightSol Member

+7
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Who are your (or who you think is the best) bands you've heard or seen? I personally (don't say anything) like Linkin Park, Five Finger Death Punch, and System of a Down (most likely not spelling these names right :sorry: ). There are some more but the radio guy won't tell me... grrr. Tell me what your favorite songs are by that group who plays insterments ... a band!! ok sorry once schools out I lose my mind. Oh well ... feel free to post!! (WARNING: any foul thoughts about any ones opinion is not allowed here. This thread is just for you to state which bands/songs you like. :wave:)

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. pwsoldier

pwsoldier unapologetic freethinker

+54
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Others
    My favorite band is Bad Religion, hands-down. My favorite song of theirs is Generator because it's so catchy. As far as live shows go, my favorite is a tie between Flogging Molly and NOFX. Flogging Molly shows are absolutely insane, but I had to include NOFX in there as well due to the simple fact that they played "The Decline", in it's entirety, when I saw them live a few years ago.

3. Trashionista

Trashionista Well-Known Member

+511
    Agnostic
    Private
    CA-Liberals
    On pure performance, The Spice Girls, Madonna, Cher and KISS all had/have amazing live shows. It's all camp but its entertaining. The musicians themselves may not have been the most purely talented at singing or playing their instruments, but as far as enjoyment, they were all up there.

The best, most purely talented live... Tom Jones and Rod Stewart both sounded amazing live.

4. white dove

white dove (she's a) maniac

+1,963
    Other Religion
    Private
    Radio guy? Did you try going to the stations' website to get their recent playlist? Some stations even keep them for a few days. :)

Five Finger Death Punch is probably the best name I've ever heard.

System doesn't need me condoning, promoting or honing on them. Pure talent. Amazing stage show. I love them, but whateh.

Linkin Park - Many might talk crap about that band, but their live show was one of the most memorable/amazing shows of my entire life.

And I'm near-30. :preach:

5. SparkyMaddie

SparkyMaddie Luceat Lux Vestra

+15,751
    Lutheran
    In Relationship
    I love John Mayer and his band. He is excellant live.

6. NiobiumTragedy

NiobiumTragedy Glorious Tragedy

+55
    Christian
    Married
    US-Others
    Honestly, Taylor Swift has one of the best shows I've seen. I don't care much for her music, but her show is entertaining. I have a feeling Lady GaGa will be up there as well for great shows to watch.

KISS does a good show, but it gets old. Nothing ever changes on their tour.