Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ash Wednesday is Feb. 22, alongside church services with the mark of the ashes.

During these services, faithful are often marked by the practices of fasting and abstinence during Lent. Below, you will find the answers to many common questions surrounding these spiritual practices!

First, let’s look at the meaning of fasting and abstinence during this liturgical season.

Continued below.

MariaChristi

Jun 23, 2021
south
✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Ash Wednesday is Feb. 22, alongside church services with the mark of the ashes.

During these services, faithful are often marked by the practices of fasting and abstinence during Lent. Below, you will find the answers to many common questions surrounding these spiritual practices!

First, let’s look at the meaning of fasting and abstinence during this liturgical season.

Continued below.

Upvote 0

MariaChristi

Jun 23, 2021
south
✟82,040.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dear Michie,

Thanks for your post, today, and especially for the quote from Pope Emeritus, our dear deceased Benedict XVI -- may he soon be canonized. May God continue to bless you, your family, and all those whom you love and strive to help. Only God knows when, and if, I'll return to this Forum, but I trust Him -- through Mary our Mother and Mother of the Church -- to continue teaching me to do His Will. Thanks also for all your patience with me! I've never been a "computer person" (as hard as I might have tried.) By God's design, I may be more of a "people person".

By God's Grace, let us continue to listen to Him with the ears of our hearts, learning from Him to become Meek and Humble of Heart. Let us, continue to pray for one another, for the Church, and for all those in most need of God's Mercy. Finally, may we all grow in our Baptismal graces of Supernatural Faith, Hope and above all Charity -- remembering especially these words of Jesus, spoken to His disciples the night before He died: "This is My Commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you! Greater love has no man than to lay down his life for his friends".

Prayerfully, in Jesus through Mary, always,
MariaChrist

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟439,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
By God's Grace, let us continue to listen to Him with the ears of our hearts, learning from Him to become Meek and Humble of Heart. Let us, continue to pray for one another, for the Church, and for all those in most need of God's Mercy. Finally, may we all grow in our Baptismal graces of Supernatural Faith, Hope and above all Charity -- remembering especially these words of Jesus, spoken to His disciples the night before He died: "This is My Commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you! Greater love has no man than to lay down his life for his friends".
:praying:

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dear Michie,

Thanks for your post, today, and especially for the quote from Pope Emeritus, our dear deceased Benedict XVI -- may he soon be canonized. May God continue to bless you, your family, and all those whom you love and strive to help. Only God knows when, and if, I'll return to this Forum, but I trust Him -- through Mary our Mother and Mother of the Church -- to continue teaching me to do His Will. Thanks also for all your patience with me! I've never been a "computer person" (as hard as I might have tried.) By God's design, I may be more of a "people person".

Prayerfully, in Jesus through Mary, always,
MariaChrist
A blessed Lenten Season to you Maria. God bless you always!

Upvote 0