Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
AngylBelle said:
The Awakening ~ Kate Chopin
Angels and Demons ~ Dan Brown
A Time to Kill ~ John Grisham

I like many books from many topics like fiction, politics, religion, various aspects of social interaction and, legal analysis.

Currently I am reading "constitutional chaos" by judge Neapolitano. Although he is very right wing, much of his work relates cases wherein the government has abused its power in order to get a conviction or, stop someone from saying what they believe which might be contra.. to the political correctness at that time. My love of Jesus keeps me afloat as I continue to exercise my bill of rights rights. Harry c:wave::D:hug::pray:

Upvote 0

jesus_freak1513

Mar 25, 2005
St. Louis, Mo
Visit site
✟8,055.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Jeez I have so many. I like all of Dan Browns and Nicholas Sparks books. I am just about done with the Series of unforutante events books I have two more. I have heard the sisterhood of the traveling pants is good. I just got done reading go ask alice if your into real teen fiction. I hope I helped.

Upvote 0

Pretender

Apr 15, 2005
Norfolk, England
✟144.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Hunter S. Thompson

Not Thompson's best work technically, but the best possible insight into the man, which I love as much for its simplicity as it's content. Probably my favourite book of them all, especially with the brillaint Ralph Steadman illustrations.

On the Road Jack Kerouac

My bible, the manifesto which I try to live by. This is the best of Kerouac's many brilliant books, the epitome of beat writing, describing a religious yet hedonistic lifestyle obtainable by all yet thoroughly rewarding and absorbing - aswell as being a brilliant read.

Catch-22 Joseph Heller

Everything you hear about this is true, it is a hillarious, absorbing, moving and tragic anti-war satire of epic proportions - amazing from start to finish with some of the best characters and scenarios ever commited to paper. Thought provoking aswell as laugh provoking.

Rommel? Gunner Who? Spike Milligan

Without doubt the funniest man who ever lived, all of Spike's War Diaries are brilliant reads, but this is the pick of the bunch, full of absolutely hillarious moments, interesting insights about the war, Spike's superb illustrations and plain brilliant writing.

Other favourites: Noble House, Desolation Angels, Big Sur, The Dharma Bums, The Great Shark Hunt, Hell's Angels, Naked Lunch, Junky, Day of the Jackal.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AngylBelle

#1 Cheesehead!!!
Jan 23, 2004
FL
✟14,088.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
kate_baby08 said:
Every Young Womans Battle
The Notebook
A child called it, The lost boy, & A man named dave

If you enjoyed "A Child Called It," I suggest you read, if you haven't already, "My Name Is Brain (Brain has a line through it in the title) Brian." It is about a young boy coming to terms with his dyslexia. I have a cousin your age that really enjoyed both books. If you are an excelled reader, you may find the writing a bit childish, but the story is great and really can be enjoyed by all ages. I keep a copy for myself and I am almost done with college!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ainuhina

Lord, send Revival - start with me!
Nov 7, 2004
Graz, Austria
Visit site
✟35,372.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hidding Place (Corrie Ten Boom)

Lord of the Rings and everything else written by Tolkien :)

Asterix :sorry:

Shakespeare (everything)

Tiki Küstenmacher (a German comic drawer - his comics are all about the church and very funny :) )

Harry Potter

The chronicles of Narnia

and a lot more :)

Upvote 0

GrinningDwarf

Just a humble servant
Mar 30, 2005
✟19,311.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
The Lord of the Rings (and I'm counting that as one book!!)

Myth Adventures by Robert Aspirin (and I'm counting them as one book!! hehehe!)

The Hornblower Saga by CS Forester (and I'm counting them as...you know the drill!!)

Chosen By God by RC Sproul (This one is one book!! hehehe!! It turned my theology upside down and put God back on top...where He belongs!!)

Anything by Stephen Ambrose

Upvote 0