Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Anna, I agree, I love both of the stories you mentioned, particularly Esther, because God, though He is never mentioned in the Book of Esther, is never more present in the lives of His people.

There is another story that I like which takes place in 1 Samuel 4-6. It starts with the capture of the Ark of the Covenant by the Philistines during battle, and ends with the Ark's *unmanned* return to Israel. In it we see the unusual death of Eli, and the birth of his grandson, Ichabod (which means, "the Glory has departed from Israel", a name his mother gave him at birth just before she died).

We also get to see the statue of the god of the Philistines bow down to the Ark of the Covenant day after day (to which the Philistine priests, when they saw what had happened, all declared in a single voice .. in southern Aramaic, of course .. "DAG-GONE" :eek:

We also read of golden mice, golden tumors, and of two milch cows who do something here that two milch cows have never done, before or since.

It is three chapters that are definitely worth the time to read :) If you'd like to, just click on 1 Samuel 4-6

Also, here is a very short story that comes quickly out of nowhere and leaves in much the same way. It involves Moses, his wife Zipporah, their son Gershom, using his foreskin like a baseball, blood, a bridegroom, his feet, and God Almighty seeking to kill Moses (and more), in just three short verses. And here they are:

Now it came about at the lodging place on the way that the LORD met Moses and sought to put him to death. Then Zipporah took a flint and cut off her son’s foreskin and threw it at Moses’ feet, and she said, “You are indeed a bridegroom of blood to me.” So He let him alone. At that time she said, “You are a bridegroom of blood”—because of the circumcision. Exodus 4:24-26

Enjoy :)

Yours and His,
David

Last edited:
Upvote 0