Lindzhigh

Sep 4, 2007
East Tennessee
✟15,692.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I always said I would wait till I was in my late twenties to hae a child, but God had a different plan. At first I was really upset because I was 20 and prego! However I am coming to grips with the fact my life is going to change forever, even though I wasn't ready to "grow up" as they say. I am trying to make a list of all the positive things about being a young mother, can I get some help?
(By the way I am married to a wonderful man that supports me in every part of my life, I know there are wonderful things about being a young Mother, but I strongly believe it is not a choice young girls should make unless they are in a similar position!)

Weasel7711

I'm in love with a bunnymedic!
Jun 17, 2004
Virginia Beach
Visit site
✟13,220.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I dont want to have children untill I am in my late 30's.
I know God has the perfect plan for my life,so if I have them sooner its ok...as long as my FH is out of school!
sounds like a deal to me

Upvote 0

Apollo Celestio

Deal with it.
Jul 11, 2007
Ohio
✟44,079.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
I always said I would wait till I was in my late twenties to hae a child, but God had a different plan. At first I was really upset because I was 20 and prego! However I am coming to grips with the fact my life is going to change forever, even though I wasn't ready to "grow up" as they say. I am trying to make a list of all the positive things about being a young mother, can I get some help?
(By the way I am married to a wonderful man that supports me in every part of my life, I know there are wonderful things about being a young Mother, but I strongly believe it is not a choice young girls should make unless they are in a similar position!)
At least you'll be able to play rough with the grandkids...

Upvote 0
E

Evangelina

Growing up earlier can be a very positive thing. It can give you a huge edge 10 years down the track when your contemporaries are only just working out what they really want and starting to apply any actual direction to their lives. But it does mean that you need to REALLY grow up... to work out fast what you really want in life. Don't pay attention to the commonly-held belief that your life stops for at least 5 years when you have a child - it's a load of bulltwang :) College degrees can still be achieved (part-time with distance education), paying jobs can still be taken (although you may need to be a lot less picky to get suitable hours), home businesses can be started, etc. Having a child can really focus you on seeking the best for the family as a whole.

Upvote 0

micbmac

Veteran
Apr 25, 2007
Texas
✟9,064.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hi there. I was 22 when I had my first and it really flipped my world upside down. I remember being so afraid that she was goind to die of SIDS that i checked on her constantly. All I can say is hang in there becase now i have the most wonderful 11 yr old girl and i could not pictre my world w/our my little princess pea pod. ps i gave birth to a boy 4 years later and boys and girls are VERY different it's true. Good luck and God bless you and your family.:angel:

Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2005
✟19,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There are plenty of benefits of being a younger mom but I won't list them because I know that someone who plans on having them later or has had them later will ultimately be offended. I was 21 and in college when I had my oldest and done having children by the time I was 24. I didn't originally plan to have my first child my last year in college but God sure did. And, looking back I'm grateful to have had my children so young especially now watching many of my friends struggle to get pregnant.

Upvote 0

Bunnymedic

I'm in love with a Weasel
Jan 4, 2006
Virginia
Visit site
✟9,020.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
There a good reasons to have kids when you are younger,but also for having them when you are older.

I think the important thing is being ready for them,whatever the age.
I am 28 and the thought is just now becoming appealing (I think it mostly has to do with I am getting to married to someone I would want to have kids with),although I still want to wait a few years (so we can enjoy the married life and get out of school)
My cousin who is 24 has 2 kids already.She loves being a mom.She doesnt work,she just stays home and takes care of the kids.

Upvote 0

Lindzhigh

Sep 4, 2007
East Tennessee
✟15,692.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Back when I thought I might have children I always said I would give birth to my first no later than 25. I have exactly two months if I was to stick to that. I think I would faint in shock now.
Thats funny how life changes!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lindzhigh

Sep 4, 2007
East Tennessee
✟15,692.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think I should change my original question to "What are the benifits in your life of having or waiting to have children".

I really did want to wait till later and I know I was not ready! In fact my biggest struggle has been dealing with this not being in my plan. That has actually been my biggest benifit so far from this pregnancy, now I have to put everything in God's hands because I can't do it on my own anymore. God works in very powerful ways.

Upvote 0