Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Who is to say that quoting someones article is better? As anyone and their brother can quote it, there is no preference to whom can quote it. I mean ronald mcdonald can quote it and then, mickey mouse, and then Miss Piggy, and then someone else and wallah you have a good research paper? I don't think so. Besides how can you tell if someone has quoted it or not?

Scientific search engines are designed specifically to target the "legitimate" scientific literature. How? Technology.

Here's a link to a list of scientific specific search engines, some of which even have free access. Others require a subscription.

List of academic databases and search engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
carbon dating is actually quite accurate, it's the isotope dating you got to worry about.

Wow! Just Wow!

Carbon dating is isotope dating. Carbon has 16 known isotopes - 8C to 23C. The 3 main ones are 12C, 13C and 14C. 14C is the one used for carbon dating.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow! Just Wow!

Carbon dating is isotope dating. Carbon has 16 known isotopes - 8C to 23C. The 3 main ones are 12C, 13C and 14C. 14C is the one used for carbon dating.

I meant isachron dating: the ones you got to worry about are

Ar-Ar, U-PB

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Scientific search engines are designed specifically to target the "legitimate" scientific literature. How? Technology.

Here's a link to a list of scientific specific search engines, some of which even have free access. Others require a subscription.

List of academic databases and search engines - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

how do you tell if someone has quoted an article or not? Is there a website? Even so, it can be "all encompassing"! Yes it's nice when someone quotes your paper but in the case of global warming, someone may never quote your paper if you are on the wrong side of the debate. Simply for argument sakes.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting that an articles values is based on how often its quoted?

rick did in post 175, apparently if someone quotes your paper in a footnote there is a science engine that tracks it. And it's a higher quality paper the more quotes it gets. Mine only had six, so it wasn't good enough.

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
how do you tell if someone has quoted an article or not? Is there a website? Even so, it can be "all encompassing"! Yes it's nice when someone quotes your paper but in the case of global warming, someone may never quote your paper if you are on the wrong side of the debate. Simply for argument sakes.

Are you serious? I just gave you a link to a plethora for scientific search engines. Follow the links provided there and see for yourself.

I did a search with the following criteria: "barry setterfield quantized redshifts"

It pulled up all papers concerning quantized redshifts and barry setterfield" because, not just that paper. It gave 21 listings. The Setterfield article was listed as follows:

The redshift and the zero point energyThe redshift and the zero point energy

[PDF] from mydomainwebhost.com
B Setterfield… - Journal of Theoretics, 2003 - d1002391.mydomainwebhost.com
... Barry Setterfield bhs4light@sbcglobal.net Daniel Dzimano 29 December 2003. ... that redshift
differences between galaxies were not smooth but went in jumps, or were quantized.20 The ... whole cluster.21 Shortly after, Tifft was presented with a list of accurate redshifts using radio ...

Cited by 6 - Related articles - View as HTML - All 5 versions

Those 6 citations are as follows:

[PDF] Reviewing A Plasma Universe With Zero Point Energy
[PDF] from freewebpage.org
B Setterfield - jvr.freewebpage.org
ABSTRACT: The first section of this paper reviews recent developments in areas of plasma physics that have relevance to cosmology, astronomy and our solar system. Some important equations that describe the behavior of plasmas in these areas are noted. The second ...
Related articles - View as HTML

[PDF] Analysis of the Variable Lightspeed (c-Decay) Theory of Barry Setterfield
[PDF] from mac.com
GP Jellison… - 2007 - homepage.mac.com GP Jellison received a Ph. D. in physics from the University of Maryland in 1980. He has research experience in experimental plasma physics, laser applications, and molecular spectroscopy. He works for an information technology firm in northern Virginia.
Related articles - View as HTML - All 4 versions

[PDF] Issues on Barry Setterfield's Claims of a Recently Decaying Speed of Light, 2nd Edition1
[PDF] from crankastronomy.org
WT Bridgman - crankastronomy.org
ABSTRACT One of the primary problems for Young-Universe Creationists (YUCs) is the question of how light could have travelled from galaxies millions and billions of light years away in the less than 10,000 year old Universe required in their cosmology. One solution ... Related articles - View as HTML - All 2 versions

[PDF] Quantized Redshifts and the Zero Point Energy
ABSTRACT: Section I of this paper traces the history of redshift research and its associated problems, including the quantized measurements. The breakdown in the redshift/distance relationship at high redshifts and the problem of “missing mass” or “dark matter” is ...

39 Questionable Assumptions in Modern Physics
[PDF] from worldnpa.org
G Volk - AIP Conference Proceedings, 2009 - link.aip.org
The growing body of anomalies in new energy, low energy nuclear reactions, astrophysics, atomic physics, and entanglement, combined with the failure of the Standard Model and string theory to predict many of the most basic fundamental phenomena, all point to a ...
Related articles - All 15 versions

[PDF] Reviewing the Zero Point Energy
ABSTRACT: A review of recent developments in the study of the Zero Point Energy (ZPE) is
made. The origin and behavior of the electromagnetic fields making up the vacuum ZPE is elucidated. From this it is deduced that the ZPE should increase with time even in a static ... Related articles - All 2 versions

Upvote 0

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Are you suggesting that an articles values is based on how often its quoted?

Yes indeed, it generally is. Good science gets cited often, bad science gets ignored for the most part.:)

Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Are you serious? I just gave you a link to a plethora for scientific search engines. Follow the links provided there and see for yourself.

I did a search with the following criteria: "barry setterfield quantized redshifts"

It pulled up all papers concerning quantized redshifts and barry setterfield" because, not just that paper. It gave 21 listings. The Setterfield article was listed as follows:

The redshift and the zero point energyThe redshift and the zero point energy

[PDF] from mydomainwebhost.com
B Setterfield… - Journal of Theoretics, 2003 - d1002391.mydomainwebhost.com
... Barry Setterfield bhs4light@sbcglobal.net Daniel Dzimano 29 December 2003. ... that redshift
differences between galaxies were not smooth but went in jumps, or were quantized.20 The ... whole cluster.21 Shortly after, Tifft was presented with a list of accurate redshifts using radio ...

Cited by 6 - Related articles - View as HTML - All 5 versions

Those 6 citations are as follows:

[PDF] Reviewing A Plasma Universe With Zero Point Energy
ABSTRACT: The first section of this paper reviews recent developments in areas of plasma physics that have relevance to cosmology, astronomy and our solar system. Some important equations that describe the behavior of plasmas in these areas are noted. The second ...

[PDF] Analysis of the Variable Lightspeed (c-Decay) Theory of Barry Setterfield
[PDF] from mac.com
GP Jellison… - 2007 - homepage.mac.com GP Jellison received a Ph. D. in physics from the University of Maryland in 1980. He has research experience in experimental plasma physics, laser applications, and molecular spectroscopy. He works for an information technology firm in northern Virginia.
Related articles - View as HTML - All 4 versions

[PDF] Issues on Barry Setterfield's Claims of a Recently Decaying Speed of Light, 2nd Edition1
[PDF] from crankastronomy.org
WT Bridgman - crankastronomy.org
ABSTRACT One of the primary problems for Young-Universe Creationists (YUCs) is the question of how light could have travelled from galaxies millions and billions of light years away in the less than 10,000 year old Universe required in their cosmology. One solution ... Related articles - View as HTML - All 2 versions

[PDF] Quantized Redshifts and the Zero Point Energy
ABSTRACT: Section I of this paper traces the history of redshift research and its associated problems, including the quantized measurements. The breakdown in the redshift/distance relationship at high redshifts and the problem of “missing mass” or “dark matter” is ...

39 Questionable Assumptions in Modern Physics
[PDF] from worldnpa.org
G Volk - AIP Conference Proceedings, 2009 - link.aip.org
The growing body of anomalies in new energy, low energy nuclear reactions, astrophysics, atomic physics, and entanglement, combined with the failure of the Standard Model and string theory to predict many of the most basic fundamental phenomena, all point to a ...
Related articles - All 15 versions

[PDF] Reviewing the Zero Point Energy
ABSTRACT: A review of recent developments in the study of the Zero Point Energy (ZPE) is
made. The origin and behavior of the electromagnetic fields making up the vacuum ZPE is elucidated. From this it is deduced that the ZPE should increase with time even in a static ... Related articles - All 2 versions

you gave me 1 link on astronomy (astrophysics), what website did you use?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RickG

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2011
Georgia
✟83,873.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

Gradyll, if you could give me even the slightest indication that you earnestly want to discuss science, exchange ideas and learn, I would be more than happy to engage in respectful meaningful discourse with you.

I don't care what your beliefs are nor do I want to change them. I only wish to convey factual information for the purpose of understanding because there is an enormous amount of misinformation on the internet. I don't just make claims, I also provide links to the mainstream scientific literature so you or anyone can see that I am not making things up or misrepresenting anything.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from many of your posts you appear to convey the persona that you have a scientific background and a basic understanding of the scientific method and literature. Yet, some of the things you say are so basically incorrect, suggest otherwise.

There are many multidisciplinary scientific search engines. One does not need to source only discipline specific search engines. Anyone with a scientific background knows this. I personally do not use a discipline specific search engine because my work and interests spans several disciplines.

One that is on the list, easily accessible, and is user friendly is Google Scholar. I suggest beginning with that one to get your feet wet.

Google Scholar

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gradyll, if you could give me even the slightest indication that you earnestly want to discuss science, exchange ideas and learn, I would be more than happy to engage in respectful meaningful discourse with you.

I don't care what your beliefs are nor do I want to change them. I only wish to convey factual information for the purpose of understanding because there is an enormous amount of misinformation on the internet. I don't just make claims, I also provide links to the mainstream scientific literature so you or anyone can see that I am not making things up or misrepresenting anything.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from many of your posts you appear to convey the persona that you have a scientific background and a basic understanding of the scientific method and literature. Yet, some of the things you say are so basically incorrect, suggest otherwise.

There are many multidisciplinary scientific search engines. One does not need to source only discipline specific search engines. Anyone with a scientific background knows this. I personally do not use a discipline specific search engine because my work and interests spans several disciplines.

One that is on the list, easily accessible, and is user friendly is Google Scholar. I suggest beginning with that one to get your feet wet.

Google Scholar

so I tried google scholar, and Barry Setterfield came up just fine

http://d1002391.mydomainwebhost.com/JOT/Links/Papers/Setter.pdf

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Uh huh. What specific problem do you have with isochron dating then? Just saying it doesn't work is not good enough.

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] et al. (1996b) have demonstrated that there exists a measurable bias between different laboratories which perform K-Ar age dating .

"Young basaltic rocks are among the most difficult for K-Ar age dating, often resulting in greater dispersion in the analytical results than assiciated with older rocks with higher K2O (fleck et al. 1996b p.205)

fleck, r.j. et al. 1996b . Age and character of basaltic rocks of the yucca Mountain region, southern Nevada. Journal of Geophysical Research 101 (B4):8205-8227

an another note: dates are rejected primarily on an after-the-fact basis, meaning if the date doesn't fit the chronology or bias it is not accepted.

"contrary to the claims that discrepant dates being rare, they are, in fact more than common. It has been shown they are the rule,not the exception." - mythology of modern dating methods - john woodmorappe

dates that are invalidated are often covered up and tagged with a special language to validate them. Orwellian language it is called. These include "delayed uplift ages, cooling ages, thermochronologic information, rejuvenated dates, inherited isochrons, and many other types of doublespeak."- ibid . woodmorappe pg 96

Upvote 0

Herman Hedning

Hiking is fun
Mar 2, 2004
N 57° 44', E 12° 00'
Visit site
✟745,803.00
Faith
Humanist
[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] et al. (1996b) have demonstrated that there exists a measurable bias between different laboratories which perform K-Ar age dating .

"Young basaltic rocks are among the most difficult for K-Ar age dating, often resulting in greater dispersion in the analytical results than assiciated with older rocks with higher K2O (fleck et al. 1996b p.205)

fleck, r.j. et al. 1996b . Age and character of basaltic rocks of the yucca Mountain region, southern Nevada. Journal of Geophysical Research 101 (B4):8205-8227

All right. I don't have access to the original article, since it is behind a paywall. However, the abstract does not mention any difficulties with dating, and Googling on your cited text turns up just two hits, both in threads on this forum.

an another note: dates are rejected primarily on an after-the-fact basis, meaning if the date doesn't fit the chronology or bias it is not accepted.

"contrary to the claims that discrepant dates being rare, they are, in fact more than common. It has been shown they are the rule,not the exception." - mythology of modern dating methods - john woodmorappe

dates that are invalidated are often covered up and tagged with a special language to validate them. Orwellian language it is called. These include "delayed uplift ages, cooling ages, thermochronologic information, rejuvenated dates, inherited isochrons, and many other types of doublespeak."- ibid . woodmorappe pg 96

Well, it may be just me, but I don't trust Jan Peczkis, a.k.a. John Woodmorappe to be unbiased in anything he writes.

Upvote 0