You want free stuff free stuff? Then you must be willing to?

Do you agree with this message?

• Yes

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • No ones with plenty should be forced to share

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Go out and do exactly what the ones did that have all these things that you wish to have.

If you have not that ambition probably best not to wish for what others have.

Don't covet what is your neighbors.
Neither his wife nor donkey nor goat.

M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay. Does this apply to the wealthy as well, who wish to steal from the poor?

Rule number one to remember.
They earned their money and did not take it from the poor.

I have two very rich brothers with very successful companies. One manufacturers roofing in Alabama and the other owns a very large successful engineering firm in San Diego. They both went to college and built their businesses from the ground up (with the help of no one) and taking nothing from the poor.

Should also be noted that they have hundreds of very happy employees making a very good wage. Those ones would probably be poor if they weren't out getting their own.

Thinking that rich people steal from the poor are not American thoughts. Americans have always worked to get ahead. The ones that aren't lazy that is.

Although in this country we take care of the disabled -- the truly disabled.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I have two very rich brothers with very successful companies. One manufacturers roofing in Alabama and the other owns a very large successful engineering firm in San Diego. They both went to college and built their businesses from the ground up (with the help of no one) and taking nothing from the poor.

Should also be noted that they have hundreds of very happy employees making a very good wage. Those ones would probably be poor if they weren't out getting their own.

Thinking that rich people steal from the poor are not American thoughts. Americans have always worked to get ahead. The ones that aren't lazy that is.

M-Bob
You didn't answer the question. Wealthy people who wish to steal from the poor - should these wealthy people have to go out and clean toilets all day rather than take what little the poor have? This is consistent with your statement, as far as I can tell. Do you agree or not? Yes or no?

Upvote 0

Melancholic

Apr 7, 2018
Baltimore
✟16,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

M-Bob

Ok, now that we have your stance of small business owners, what is your stance on large corporations who have their minions lobby in DC to procure certain results through bribes? What results you may ask? Suppression of wages, the destruction of national sovereignty, and political instability in the name of shareholder profit for the wealthy.

• Winner
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You didn't answer the question. Wealthy people who wish to steal from the poor - should these wealthy people have to go out and clean toilets all day rather than take what little the poor have? This is consistent with your statement, as far as I can tell. Do you agree or not? Yes or no?

Tell me one rich one that has stolen from the poor the rich ones I know do not do that.

Let's not forget there are many rich Christians that do right with their money and their employees.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Tell me one rich one that has stolen from the poor the rich ones I know do not do that.

Let's not forget there are many rich Christians that do right with their money and their employees.

M-Bob
Okay. I think I understand your position now.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ok, now that we have your stance of small business owners, what is your stance on large corporations who have their minions lobby in DC to procure certain results through bribes? What results you may ask? Suppression of wages, the destruction of national sovereignty, and political instability in the name of shareholder profit for the wealthy.

Everyone has a choice where they wish to work and if they to work.

Have you ever heard about the Democrats creating on purpose the Concrete Jungle?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay. I think I understand your position now.

My position is that if ones that have nothing want some of what I have worked my whole life to earn to them I say no. They should be willing to do exactly what I had to do if they want some of my kind of money.

Note we help the needy and poor and we sponsor children in foreign lands.

Good works and we expect nothing back. We give from the heart but get resentful when others want to take from us.

M-Bob

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Should also be noted.

When the day comes in this country when we are giving away free food free education free housing and free medical we will be broke in very short time. The experts give it less than 6 months.

In a couple of years Social Security will be taking in less than what it pays out. That's a real problem that we ought to take into account and working on as soon as possible.

M-Bob

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I've watched the poor steal from the poor. And the poor stealing from the disabled. And the poor stealing from the government. Their own toilets are certainly not pristine either.
I've never seen them clean much. Some do ok.

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I've watched the poor steal from the poor. And the poor stealing from the disabled. And the poor stealing from the government. Their own toilets are certainly not pristine either.
I've never seen them clean much. Some do ok.
Personally, I think if you have a toilet, you're wealthy, and should be in some kind of Who's Who.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Personally, I think if you have a toilet, you're wealthy, and should be in some kind of Who's Who.

They are pricey. But I've watched a pitiful drug dealer
"Help" a disabled guy, then "help" himself to all the valuables
till the disabled guy had two mostly empty rooms, a bed,
his wheel chair, and a bathroom. All furniture sold off.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay I know plenty of disabled ones that need our help that's granted. And it also should be noted that these ones receive many, many benefits.

And then I know many others that receive benefits that work under the table. Yes, they are working the good old American System. There seems to be absolutely no one investigating these people so as to see if they are doing right and not lying in regards to their benefits received. I know at least two at this time and have known several in the past that claim to have bad backs but, go out and work very hard for people getting paid under the table.

And yet they complain I don't get enough free stuff!
How do they expect someone to live on this little amount?

Work hard and you will find.
It's your own American Dream.

Although they are pretty darn happy right where they're at getting over on the system.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Who is registering these complaints? Who are these poor people who want "stuff"? What

There was a time in this country when one person could work a normal job, support a family, and retire in a couple decades with a pension. Spouse didn't have to work. Not CEOs or bankers. Tellers and factory workers.

Where'd all that value go? Why do two working-class parents have to work now to have a place to live and food on the table, with no stability and no hope of retirement?

That value has been stolen. Quietly, and over decades - but still, stolen. By the wealthy.

As I said elsewhere on CF recently...

Part of the trick that was pulled is detaching the minimum wage from inflation and even changing how inflation is calculated - with this fun fakery in place (more on our inflation-games here), what would be around an $80 / hour minimum wage - had it kept pace with inflation as calculated 40+ years ago - is now at a deliciously low (at the federal level) $7.25. And people pushing for a $15 federal minimum are called communists or accused of waging "class warfare" against the wealthy...even though that's less than a quarter of what those people would have been paid in the imagined-to-be-socially-perfectly-conservative Golden Age of the US in the 1950s. Asking for less than 25% of what you deserve is now some kind of attack? Asking for free stuff?

No. It isn't. It's better described as an extremely polite response to...theft.

So yes, I agree, that if the wealthy over the past 40-50 years wanted to take the stuff that belongs to the poor, they should have gone out there and started cleaning toilets, washing dishes, pouring metal, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I had three or four jobs when I was younger where I had to clean toilets and did not make much money.

But with some training I moved on to get much better jobs.

Knowing that if I wanted to keep cleaning toilets all my life I would not make much money -- it ain't rocket science it's called hard work to get ahead.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is the nouveau riche.
What about the people who have been very rich for generations?

Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I had three or four jobs when I was younger where I had to clean toilets and did not make much money.

But with some training I moved on to get much better jobs.

Knowing that if I wanted to keep cleaning toilets all my life I would not make much money -- it ain't rocket science it's called hard work to get ahead.

M-Bob
So you believe that there is "room" for everyone to be "ahead."

Upvote 0

ChicanaRose

Mar 26, 2019
west coast
✟75,698.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Note we help the needy and poor and we sponsor children in foreign lands.

M-Bob

Good to know (I was worried for sec., LOL).

If someone is legitimately struggling, yes, we should help them out.

Upvote 0