✟1,357,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Galatians 6:7-8 ESV

“Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life.”

In America, in our day and time, many people are being deceived into believing that they can make a one-time profession of faith in Jesus Christ and that it will secure them salvation from sin, forgiveness of all sin (past, present, and future), and that it will guarantee them heaven when they die, done deal, nothing else required. But that is not what the Scriptures teach, as you can see by these verses above and by these Scriptures below:

[Matt 7:21-23; Lu 9:23-26; Jn 6:35-58; Jn 15:1-11; Rom 1:18-32; Rom 2:6-8; Rom 6:1-23; Rom 8:1-14; 1 Co 6:9-10; 2 Co 5:10; Gal 5:16-21; Gal 6:7-8; Eph 5:3-6; Col 1:21-23; Col 3:5-11; 1 Jn 1:5-10; 1 Jn 2:3-6; 1 Jn 3:4-10; Heb 10:23-31; 1 Pet 1:17-21; Rev 21:8,27; Rev 22:14-15]

Jesus said that if anyone would come after him, he must deny self, take up his cross daily (daily die to sin and to self) and follow (obey) him. For if we hold on to our old lives of living in sin and for self, we will lose them for eternity. But if for the sake of Jesus we lose our lives, i.e. we die with him to sin and we live to him and to his righteousness, then we have eternal life. And he also said that not everyone who says to him, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one DOING the will of God the Father (Luke 9:23-26; Matthew 7:21-23).

And Paul taught that if we walk by the flesh, and not by the Spirit, and that if we obey sin, and we do not obey our Lord, and if we practice sexual immorality, and sensuality, and lying, cheating, stealing, and idolatry, and the like, that we will not inherit eternal life with God, but we will die in our sins, and heaven will not be our eternal destiny. Wrath and fury will be. For, again, we all are going to be judged by God by our works, and we are all going to reap what we sow in this life.

So, if we sow to the flesh, and if how we live is of the flesh and not of the Spirit, which is shown by our attitudes, words, and behaviors, then we will reap corruption (death, destruction), not eternal life. But if we sow to the Spirit, and we walk in obedience to our Lord, and we leave our lives of sin behind us, and sin is not what we practice, but righteousness and holiness are what we practice, then we will reap eternal life with God. So, please take this seriously so that you are not deceived and fall short of the glory of God.

Caution: This link may contain ads

Praise the “I AM!”

An Original Work / February 24, 2012

Jesus, my Savior, full of compassion,
Glorious in power, mighty in strength;
Gracious Redeemer, mighty deliv’rer,
My heart adores Him. Praise to His name!
Perfect salvation my Lord provided
When He died for my sins on a tree;
Crucified my sins; conquered in vict’ry,
When He arose, so I could be free!

I am so thankful for His forgiveness;
Grateful that He chose to pardon me,
Giving me new life full in His Spirit,
So I can serve Him; His servant be!
Walking in daily fellowship with Him,
Obeying Him whate’er He commands;
Forsaking my sins, living in freedom,
I will endure with Him to the end!