You Met?!?!?!?!

Buried

Jul 26, 2005
✟112.00
Faith
Christian
Hey everyone. I've been peeking around CF for a couple months and finally just gave in to joining :) So technically, I'm not a "newbie" but ya know. :p

Anyway, I've been talking to this amazing guy over the net for awhile now and we've finally made plans to meet up. He lives on the east coast while, I on the west. I'm flying out to see him for a week, but neither of us have ever done something like this. I know that some (well, maybe many :p) have done this and I was just wondering if you guys would share a little with me of what to expect... that kind of thing :) Oh, I'm SO excited but so nervous.

So c'mon, share your experiences (good or bad), advice, and maybe even some intial thoughts (awwwww) :)

Carri20

Veteran
May 8, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟9,191.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hey that's awesome! I met my boyfriend online too. I live in Pennsylvania and he's in Iowa. We haven't met in person yet but we're trying to make plans. That's obviously the biggest obstacle in a long-distance relationship...actually seeing one another face to face...but I'm sure it's managable. :)

Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I met the man who is now my fiance on CF. I live on the west coast of Canada and he lives on the east coast of the USA.

My best advice? Guard your heart. Do not do anything that you might regret if things don't work out.

If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me. :)

Upvote 0

Carri20

Veteran
May 8, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟9,191.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I met the man who is now my fiance on CF. I live on the west coast of Canada and he lives on the east coast of the USA.

My best advice? Guard your heart. Do not do anything that you might regret if things don't work out.

That's good advice. It's always smart to guard your heart. :)

Upvote 0

Katty

Simply amazing.
Sep 10, 2003
Minnesota
Visit site
✟16,832.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Buried said:
Hey everyone. I've been peeking around CF for a couple months and finally just gave in to joining So technically, I'm not a "newbie" but ya know.

Anyway, I've been talking to this amazing guy over the net for awhile now and we've finally made plans to meet up. He lives on the east coast while, I on the west. I'm flying out to see him for a week, but neither of us have ever done something like this. I know that some (well, maybe many ) have done this and I was just wondering if you guys would share a little with me of what to expect... that kind of thing Oh, I'm SO excited but so nervous.

So c'mon, share your experiences (good or bad), advice, and maybe even some intial thoughts (awwwww)

I went to see someone about a month ago... *whispers* June 16-22. *grin*

It was really good actually and I think a big part of it was because neither one of us had "expectations" for what it was and what we "wanted" it to be. We just hung out and I got to see how he lives and where he works. We went out and he even cooked dinner for me! *grin*

It was so weird to be able to see his face when he says my name or when he laughs, but I loved it.

My best advice? (hah, aside from the whole "be careful, there's sickos out there!") Have fun and don't set expectations. It takes a lot of pressure off the both of you.

Oh btw, my initial thought when I saw him at the airport--- *big smile* "O M G, he's SO good looking!" Teehee. Seriously.

Have fun :)

~Katty

Upvote 0

koban4max

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2005
✟3,289.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Katty said:

It was really good actually and I think a big part of it was because neither one of us had "expectations" for what it was and what we "wanted" it to be. We just hung out and I got to see how he lives and where he works. We went out and he even cooked dinner for me! *grin*

It was so weird to be able to see his face when he says my name or when he laughs, but I loved it.

My best advice? (hah, aside from the whole "be careful, there's sickos out there!") Have fun and don't set expectations. It takes a lot of pressure off the both of you.

Oh btw, my initial thought when I saw him at the airport--- *big smile* "O M G, he's SO good looking!" Teehee. Seriously.

~Katty

Katty, I feel you about what you said. I wonder if Cf is a dating site...lol jk

Upvote 0

Glorianna

I'm a proud Canadian who married an American!
Mar 29, 2004
USA
✟30,938.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Katty said:

~Katty

That's definitely wonderful advice! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

digitalfeed

Jun 14, 2005
Windsor
✟15,181.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
unjustwar said:
people are different in person

So true. I met someone in person who I only talked to on the internet. Sure, we knew what each other looked like, but when we met in person it was different. We both weren't behind our monitors typing to each other, we were face to face! Needless to say, there was an awkward moment for most of the day and near the end I was a little more relaxed and easy going.

Don't meet with expectations is my advice.

Upvote 0

JustLiz87

May 6, 2004
Illinois
✟276.00
Faith
Christian
I met my bf online and when we met for the first time we just went to dinner and a movie. We both knew ahead of time that we weren't looking for anything out of it, but if something came of it, that would be great. I hope you all don't mind that I'm going to tell you about our date b/c it's pry a bit mushy. Well he came to my house and picked me up and he was a complete gentleman. He opened the car door for me and all that cute stuff. He even brought me a pink rose. We went to dinner and then to a movie where he held my hand. We hadn't planned on kissing (we had discussed this beforehand) but after the movie before he took me home, he showed me this great place that overlooked the whole city and said he didn't want to kiss me before coming on the date but once he met me he knew he had to and he couldn't wait any longer. So he kissed me and it was the most romantic and so right thing I have ever experienced. We've been dating ever since.

Upvote 0