Safford
✟9,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My name is Don and I lived in MN almost all my life. When I was 17 years old I had a Girlfriend that lived about 45 mins From my own house. I lived In Ham Lake MN and she lived in Rockford MN. At this point in my life I didn't think Heaven or Hell or even God existed.
One night I drove my girlfriend home, driving a Pontiac J 2000 hatchback I dropped her of and was going home. I was mad at my Dad and was pushing the car to its limit. The speedometer went to 90 but I had it buried past that. Then I missed a turn that said 20 mph, I tried to turn and fishtailed right into a telephone poll. I hit the poll so hard it broke and it hit me right on the drivers side, the car was in the shape of a C around the poll. I did not know the extent of my injuries, But I had shattered 4 of my ribs and one of them punctured my lung and my lung was filling up with blood, I was dying and for my unbelief I was headed for hell. I was in no condition to drive nor was the car drivable after that. Here is where it gets unbelievable, They find me still inside the car, But the car was 2.3 miles away from the telephone poll. The police want to charge me for leaving the scene of an accident, and they could not believe I drove in my condition nor was the car drivable they had to drop the charge against me. The headline for the next day paper read "Police Baffled".
So I was left with this so called miracle and I how did I survive that accident, It's to unbelievable so I searched out the reason for me being alive and can only conclude God had something to do with it, So I gave my life to God, Found His Son Jesus and was born again through faith in Christ alone. That's how I got saved.

Don

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My name is Don and I lived in MN almost all my life. When I was 17 years old I had a Girlfriend that lived about 45 mins From my own house. I lived In Ham Lake MN and she lived in Rockford MN. At this point in my life I didn't think Heaven or Hell or even God existed.
One night I drove my girlfriend home, driving a Pontiac J 2000 hatchback I dropped her of and was going home. I was mad at my Dad and was pushing the car to its limit. The speedometer went to 90 but I had it buried past that. Then I missed a turn that said 20 mph, I tried to turn and fishtailed right into a telephone poll. I hit the poll so hard it broke and it hit me right on the drivers side, the car was in the shape of a C around the poll. I did not know the extent of my injuries, But I had shattered 4 of my ribs and one of them punctured my lung and my lung was filling up with blood, I was dying and for my unbelief I was headed for hell. I was in no condition to drive nor was the car drivable after that. Here is where it gets unbelievable, They find me still inside the car, But the car was 2.3 miles away from the telephone poll. The police want to charge me for leaving the scene of an accident, and they could not believe I drove in my condition nor was the car drivable they had to drop the charge against me. The headline for the next day paper read "Police Baffled".
So I was left with this so called miracle and I how did I survive that accident, It's to unbelievable so I searched out the reason for me being alive and can only conclude God had something to do with it, So I gave my life to God, Found His Son Jesus and was born again through faith in Christ alone. That's how I got saved.

Don

While this is a wonderful story of survival, I don't see how moving away from the pole helped you survive? I'm not trying to diminish your tale, I promise. I'm just curious. Or why it was 2.3 miles instead of... a few yards?

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My god father had an accident that left the car C shaped . These were the older cars that had bench seats and no seat belts . The 2nd car smashed into the drivers side . He got pushed into the passenger side of the car and didn’t even get a scratch. The drivers side was completely smashed in to the point that the door was in the middle of the car. He was actually able to drive the car a few miles and park it in front of our house. I thought that was a miracle then too . I had my beloved godfather around for another 20 years

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2020
Safford
✟9,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Ok the Pole I hit was on deserted road and they never would have found me in time, So where the car ended up was near a light. And the officer who found me said something told him to go the the light.
They had to fly me to the nearest hospital via helicopter, a drive would have left me DOA. It was a mater of the time I had, like I said I was dying.

Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok the Pole I hit was on deserted road and they never would have found me in time, So where the car ended up was near a light. And the officer who found me said something told him to go the the light.
They had to fly me to the nearest hospital via helicopter, a drive would have left me DOA. It was a mater of the time I had, like I said I was dying.
Gotcha! I'm so glad you survived to tell the story :)

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2020
Safford
✟9,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You want to hear something more unbelievable. Like I said I shattered 4 of my ribs that night. The kept me in ICU for a week living on Demerol shots to ease the pain. When I finally left the hospital they gave me my X-Rays to bring to my PCP. Little did I know My Father, Brother and sister prayed for me. So I get to my doctor and say I need follow up x-rays of my shattered ribs. After the x-rays the doctor asked me again why I was there, I showed him my hospital x-rays, he then showed my x-rays of that day and said to me "You have never had a broken rib in your life" So looking at both of them, one shows 4 shattered ribs, the other completely normal with no sing of fracture at all. I could not believe my eyes, so I asked him if I could take the x-rays with me, thinking no one is going to believe me, I wanted proof. So God answered my father, brother, and sister's prayer for me. To this day I am so thankful for what God has done in my life.

Upvote 0
Nov 9, 2020
Safford
✟9,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Here is a pic of the the Car...
Car.JPG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brando Marlin

Dec 19, 2020
cali
✟9,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
welcome to the club! I also should be dead from a bad hiking fall. I fell 50+ ft and should be dead but right before I fell I thanked GOD for everything he gave and did for me. I think thats why he saved me. For you maybe all that happened to bring you to him. Ive gone trough some things only to emerge from the other side closer to GOD.

Upvote 0