Maryland, USA
✟7,856.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know your from MD when you have Seen Woodlawn, Glen Burnie, Arnold and Saint Inigoes and have heard the MTA buses just outside Baltimore and the Canadian Geese on the Chesapeake Bay. Has anyone has other sounds of Maryland and more memories? Scrapple and eggs are great. Virgina also knows your from MD when you have chocolate ice cream with your apple pie instead of vanilla

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

psalms 91

Legend
Dec 27, 2004
✟127,276.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
You know your from MD when you have Seen Woodlawn, Glen Burnie, Arnold and Saint Inigoes and have heard the MTA buses just outside Baltimore and the Canadian Geese on the Chesapeake Bay. Has anyone has other sounds of Maryland and more memories? Scrapple and eggs are great. Virgina also knows your from MD when you have chocolate ice cream with your apple pie instead of vanilla
Crabbibg on the Pocamoke or Indian river inlet. Md crabcakes, Ocean City and Ducks Unlimited

Upvote 0

LilLamb219

The Lamb is gone
Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
✟83,596.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think the I-95 corridor has some of the worst divers fro DC to Baltimore to Philly. The Eastern shore southern and western MD and parts of PA drive well but not perfect.

I-95 is a piece of cake compared to I-80 in Northwest Indiana. :D

Upvote 0

Panamint

Member: 1:16 Clique
Nov 21, 2014
Panamint Woods
✟15,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I live in Panamint Woods - in the mountains in northern Frederick County...house, music studio, my cat (Shiloh) and me! In this part of Maryland, we've already had a little snow, the sunsets are awesome, the stars shine brightly (not as bright as the CA desert), but great for the east! Praise God that there are still some places like this in this little "metropolitan" state, with typical "east coast compression" almost everywhere....

oh yea...we also know it's pronounced La Plate A (LaPlata) and not La Plat A.
(love those Johnny Boy ribs!!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hopeful321

May 3, 2012
Maryland, USA
✟7,856.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I live in Panamint Woods - in the mountains in northern Frederick County...house, music studio, my cat (Shiloh) and me! In this part of Maryland, we've already had a little snow, the sunsets are awesome, the stars shine brightly (not as bright as the CA desert), but great for the east! Praise God that there are still some places like this in this little "metropolitan" state, with typical "east coast compression" almost everywhere....

oh yea...we also know it's pronounced La Plate A (LaPlata) and not La Plat A.
(love those Johnny Boy ribs!!)

I am glad to hear some parts of Maryland are still seeing stars. I have been to Thurmont, MD many years ago. I enjoyed camping at the park and the small town with a rail road car for a restaurant (I think). Have you been to Thurmont?:)

Upvote 0

Panamint

Nov 21, 2014
Panamint Woods
✟15,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Am down off the mountain to Thurmont once in awhile. Nice little town - the restaurant many folks went to was the Cozy, but it recently shut down. The Mountainside Family Restaurant is very good in Thurmont and it has many Christian gifts in their small shop. Nice to see that...doesn't happen too often these days! God bless....

1:16

Upvote 0

Panamint

Nov 21, 2014
Panamint Woods
✟15,260.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know everyone has their stretch (es) of highway that they deem to be the worst. I would add, "the 5" during rush hour in Los Angeles to that list (the 405 is no picnic either!). When my daughter was 16 (she's 22 now), I taught her to drive in the CA desert - Panamint Valley and Surprise Canyon, to be exact. A few days later, we went to Anaheim...and her first "city driving" was on "the 5" at rush hour! Wow, what was I thinking...but I lived to tell the story! To God be the glory!!!

1:16

Upvote 0