• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Gottservant

God loves your words, may men love them also
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2006
✟276,687.00
Faith
Messianic
Hi there,

So I have been struggling with schizophrenia for almost 18 years and I have finally reached an understanding: that puts my schizophrenia in context. That understanding, is that we all have a choice, as our lives progress: to welcome more madness, or less. What does that mean? It means, that ultimately madness will yield its result, or it will be put in its box. It is possible to live with madness either way.

Jesus gives us this, because He does not trumpet our recovery to the world, but says "make the offering Moses required" and "tell your friends what God has done for you". So in Jesus, we are able to make a choice 'do I want more madness, or less - in the end?' A good life is three score years and ten (70 years - according to Proverbs), if we can just hold on for the good life to lapse and come to fruition, we will be able to guide our madness, to the end we desire.

Sometimes, more madness is needed, sometimes less - the point is that we continue to have a choice and Jesus will defend that choice. The Spirit of God, is able to reach through us, for the fruit we need to sustain - it does not mean God will ask nothing else of us, but it means that we will be conformed to the image of His Son: even more like His Son, than people who are normal and never have to struggle with madness. In this way madness, is a gift, that can be used for our greater development and in principle, if we trust Jesus, we will never go too far.

Normal people, go through cycles, of more sanity and less, but for someone like me, there is a tension there, that I bottle up with vigilance - I am slowly learning I do not need to be more and more vigilant, to deal with madness, but more and more committed. Committed to the good life, committed to Jesus and just accepting that: that I have an end that is in Him and I die to myself, to live in Him. I am grateful for the trial, I do not need to look back.

I hope this has been of some help to you.

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God you can make me, more or less "crazy" - it is up to You.

The real need for you, dear friend, is to be very sure you HAVE the Lord Jesus in your heart (not just in your mind). All seekers after our Creator-God need His "beloved Son" in our heart, and be walking and talking with Him daily ---which comes from speaking to Him in prayer and confess you want Him as your Savior and your best Friend in life. He will give you peace and assurance; and all the way to Heaven one day.

Mental illness as you describe is a organic disease, and not just a problem of reasoning. Medication is essential to help control it. Follow the advice of your physician! I will pray for you.

Upvote 0