Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Name the movie that song's from!

That's right! Toy Story! The first child of Pixar, the story that delighted us with hilarious lines from Tim Allen and Tom Hanks, the dynamic duo. So... I was thinking... why not an RPG? :D We've done everything from Jedis and spies to Borrowers and mermaids! Why not toys?

Ok, so the toys will be living in a family chock full of children (for variety in toys, you see ;)). For sure I have a baby, about Molly's age (go watch the movie if you don't remember who I'm talking about :p) named Priscilla, a toddler about three (boy) named Tommy, and a set of twins (boy and girl) about 7 or 8 named Kip and Katie and a teen named Michelle. If you want to add more siblings, you can ask me.

So I have a family, and I even have a character ready, but I'm missing three crucial things: a plot, a title, and you guys! I would looooooove help with all three :D

I'll be posting more details in a second, but there's the general info right there. Hope some of you like it!

P.S. Katie and Kip share a room that's pretty much divided down the middle, and Priscilla and Tommy both have rooms directly across the hall. Michelle's room location is unknown ^_^

PLEASE COME SEE ME IF YOU NEED CHARACTER IDEAS. I HAVE PLENTY.

Last edited by a moderator:

Locket

Speak softly and carry a BIG STICK
Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Plot

Alrighty now, I said I had no plot. I have ideas of course, but no "official" plot. The ideas I have are as follows:

A sort of TS1-ish plot. All the toys are put on edge when a new toy is brought in. He/she is one of those shiny robotic interactive toys, like those Cyberpups but a person. Like a really high-tech Buzz ;) So the Cyber-Person would have to lose the airs and get along, and the other toys would have to overcome their jealousy and unease.

Some sort of traumatic and worrying experience, like moving or a yard sale.

Or the toys have to adjust AGAIN when Christmas rolls around and a whole new boatload of toys are brought in.

~~

Yeah, that's all I have at the moment. Now, we could either have no plot, some of those plots, one of those plots, ALL of those plots... or one you guys make up :) You see my dilemma. Choices, choices, choices!

Upvote 0

Locket

Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Character Guidelines

It took me forever to think of a character, so I figured it wouldn't do any harm in giving whoever decides to join a few pointers. First of all, I suggest you watch Toy Story 1 and 2. Great inspirations ;)

And yes, you may base your character off of someone in that movie. A spaceman, a cowboy/girl doll, a cowardly T-Rex, a Mr. Spell, it doesn't matter :) Just don't go straight off of them or else your character will look more like a photocopy instead of your own creation. Give them their own quirks... and most definitely a new name and background :)

Be quirky! I don't want alot of clone Barbies running around!
Yes, Barbies are allowed, but please don't make an army of them! You need ideas? Well, beyond watching the movies, go to Toys 'R Us or Walmart. Stroll down the aisles and make note of all the different sorts of toys, large and small, intricate and simple. Just look at what they did in the movie. They take the toys that many people have but no one thinks about. The toy dino, the piggy bank, the little army men, the squeaky hockey puck. They didn't even use Barbies until the second movie.

Oh, and you can always spoof off of something. Buzz was a toy made from a superhero, much like a toy Superman or Batman. Woody was from an old TV Show, like a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle or Power Ranger :) You know how popular those toys were. So make up your own show, movie, or cook and make a toy out of that.
I'll put a prototype profile below to give you an idea. And please, if you can't think of anything, I'd love to help in any way possible :)

Name: Rex

Type: Plastic dinosaur

Appearance: Green from head to tail, open mouth, short rotateable arms, moveable legs, _____ inches tall, etc.

Personality: A coward and worrywart. Talsk too much.

History: Was bought for Andy when the boy was about 5. Is usually used as an attack dino for the bad guys in playtime.

Misc:

There's much much more you could do, but that's the absolute bare bones of it. I'll be posting my own character when I have her typed up.

Upvote 0

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
lol. Of course!

Name: Franklin

Appearance: Adorable stuffed turtle (kind of like a teddy bear, only he's a turtle), about 8-9 inches tall, green everywhere except for a yellow stomach and yellow-and-green back (think what real turtles kind of look like, only the center of his back is green, then there's yellow around the edges). His eyes are like two black marbles, though they're a bit less shiny than they were 15 years ago. Some say he looks shabby, but the only way to describe it is "loved."

Personality: Kind and caring, wise (for a toy) since he's been around so long. Speaks kind of slowly and deliberately, like he's thought of each word carefully before he says it.

History: Franklin was given to Michelle when she was barely a year old. For years, Franklin was her favorite toy, and she took him everywhere. After a while, she grew out of that, but couldn't bear to give him to one of her siblings, much less sell him at a yard sale. So he's remained in the house, despite the fact that Michelle is nearly sixteen, and Franklin is still beloved by humans and toys alike. During the day, Franklin spends most of his time in the Twins' room on Katie's bed. At night, Michelle still sleeps with him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Locket

Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Well, here's mine. I'm not sure if I'm quite please with her- don't think she's original enough- but oh well. I can always balance her out with a wacky char :)

Name: "FantastaGirl", a.k.a. Annie Davis

Type: Superhero Doll, Barbie-ish

Maker: Mattel

Owner: Was first owned by Katie, but eventually was shared by both her and Kip

Appearance: Hair- When Annie first arrived, her brown hair was down to her waist. But now after several haircuts, her hair is shoulder-length (neatly, thanks to the handy touchup of Mom).
Eyes- Her eyes are brown as well.
Body- Her body is the same sort as those new Barbies, rubbery and bendable, with joints built inside the "skin", instead of in plain view. She's a few inches shorter than a real Barbie, tho, and isn't as unbelievable, body-shape-wise. Unfortunately, a few years ago, in his teething stage, Toddler Timmy got ahold of her and chewed her right hand so now it's mangled.
Clothes and Accessories- Annie came with an imprinted costume and a set of clothes. Her costume is printed right onto her skin, like a Barbie's underwear, to make it easy for the child to slip the everyday clothes over it. The top is a red tube top (allows for more clothes to fit over it) with a glittery gold F over the chest. The bottom is a blue 50s short (see the girl in green, only a tad shorter http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/pants-3-girls.jpg ) that comes to the belly button and stops well above the knee, to allow the doll to wear ordinary shorts. She was also sold with high red boots and a gold mask.
She wears her everyday clothes over her "costume"... which is whatever her children decide to put on her for the day.

Personality: One would think, being a cheap Barbie copycat, that Annie would be ditzy or snooty or a floozy. Really, she's very down-to-earth. Once upon a time, Annie used to be the hero or the beautiful damsel in distress in playtime. But now she's usually in Kip's war games as the cripple, the war victim, the spy... and she's okay with that. She enjoys being loved and played with.

History: "FantastaGirl" was bought for Twin Katie on Katie's 6th birthday. She was the favorite at playtime until Tommy mangled her hand and new dolls (REAL Barbies) came along. Now Annie is usually in No-Man's Land, the play area in the floor between Katie's and Kip's bed. Katie "gave" her doll to Kip after the hand incident, letting her brother use Annie as his own toy. Annie was one of the few unfavored toys that survived Kip's destructive years unscathed. While other toys were being chopped, melted, bleached, and tied, Annie edged on through. Her hair's a little frizzier and rattier, she no longer has any new clothes bought for her, and most of her footwear are odd shoes sitting about without matches, but she's happy. Her only true enemies are Katie's new Barbies, the prissy things that sit on Katie's bed and dresser, dressed, brushed and completely forbidden to Kip except when the Twins collaborate in play.

Misc: Annie's good friend, Tap Dancer Tiffany, was broiled in the microwave during the Destructo Years, and she lost several other good friends during those years as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Locket

Oct 23, 2004
In the Milky Way Galaxy
✟51,839.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Here's another character of mine

Name: Sue

Type: Radio-controlled SUV

Maker: Tyco

Owner: Kip

Appearance: A big, boxy, black SUV with spinner hubcaps and a roof that slides back to let toys ride inside. http://216.55.190.32/idcow/products/jd2021.jpg

Personality: Sue is a big, deep-throated macho fellow who's very touchy about his name. He prefers hard rock and rap, loves to drive as fast as possible and bash into things, and likes girls of all shapes and sizes. He likes to flip through Kip's car magazines (especially for the Corvette centerfolds) but he's very chivalrous when he wants to be. He's sort of the joking big brother of the room.

History: Bought last year for Kip's birthday, Sue quickly fit into the dynamics of the group... never mind that his role usually included running over or smashing into the other toys.

Misc: He can move on his own, provided he's left on when Kip leaves the room, but if anyone uses his controller, any movement he wants to do is quickly overrided. It can be a hassle at times.

Upvote 0

Maul

Outcast
Aug 8, 2005
Earth
✟17,610.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Oohh, pick me! I have a perfect char. for this!

Name: Genreal 'Wuddlecumps'; Gemreal 'Thingymingy', General 'Blooper', Sergeant Joey
Type: GI JOE Plastic Figure
Height: About the height of the new Barbies
Clothes: Green Army Jacket, Army pants with those pockets, army shirt, army cap that he rarely wears
Position: Commander of all GI JOE'S
Weopon/Gear/Add-ons: Plastic Repeater Rifle (that doesn't shoot), little plastic grenades that his owner throws at the bad-guys
Owner: That boy (forgot name :p )
Bio: Sergeant Joey was bought in a plastic box, along with more GI JOE'S for Christmas. He was given to the boys as presents, and they appointed him the Commander of them. Though, of course, they gave him 'code names'. Joey acts like most things are a war, and gives out commands such as, 'We've go t the chicken in the nest! ' or, 'the juice is in the egg.. '

Upvote 0