✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Continued from: YHWH's Table (Part 2)

So far in this series, we have seen no mention of sin, nor any mention of a High Priest in reference to the Qorban. Let's continue this study.

(CLV) Lv 3:1
If his approach (קרבן) (Qorban) present is a sacrifice (זבח) of peace (שלמים) offerings, if from the herd he is bringing it near, whether male or female, a flawless one is it which he shall bring near before Yahweh.

In this verse we are introduced to two more new words concerning YHWH's table.

1.) (זבח) zebah, which Gesenius describes as the flesh of slain animals.

upload_2021-2-24_22-30-30.png

H2077 - zeḇaḥ - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon (KJV)

2.) (שלמים) Looks like the plural of shalom (or peace) to me.

(CLV) Lv 3:2
He will support his hand on the head of his approach present and slay it at the opening of the tent of appointment. And the sons of Aaron, the priests, will sprinkle the blood against the altar round about.

We see it here again, that the person who brought it near, slays it, not a Priest.

(CLV) Lv 3:3
Then he will bring near from the sacrifice of peace offerings a fire offering to Yahweh: the fat covering the inwards and all the fat which is on the inwards,

(CLV) Lv 3:4
the two kidneys and the fat which is around them at the hips, and the protuberance on the liver; along with the kidneys shall he take it away.

(CLV) Lv 3:5
Then the sons of Aaron will cause it to fume on the altar, on top of the ascent offering which is over the wood on the fire; it is a fire offering, a fragrant odor to Yahweh.

No mention of a high Priest yet. No mention of sin either.

(CLV) Lv 3:6
If his approach (Qorban) present for a sacrifice (Zebach) of peace offerings to Yahweh is from the flock, male or female, a flawless one is it which he shall bring near.

Notice that the (שלמים) peace Qorban can be a female.
Notice that a Qorban is associated with a Zebach in this verse.

(CLV) Lv 3:7
If it is a sheep he is bringing near as his approach present then he will bring it near before Yahweh

(CLV) Lv 3:8
and support his hand on the head of his approach present and slay it before the tent of appointment; and the sons of Aaron will sprinkle its blood against the altar round about.

(CLV) Lv 3:9
Then he will bring near from the sacrifice of peace offerings a fire offering to Yahweh: Its fat, the flawless fat tail, cut off close to the spine, shall he take it away; also the fat covering the inwards and all the fat which is on the inwards,

(CLV) Lv 3:10
the two kidneys and the fat which is around them at the hips, and the protuberance on the liver; along with the kidneys shall he take it away.

(CLV) Lv 3:11
Then the priest will cause it to fume on the altar as a bread offering, a fire offering to Yahweh.

Notice the bread. Leviticus 7 goes into more detail concerning the bread portion of this Qorban. I see three reasons for this Qorban. None are for sin.

(CLV) Lv 7:12
If he should bring it near for an acclamation (תודה) then along with the acclamation sacrifice he will bring near unleavened perforated cakes mingled with oil and unleavened wafers anointed with oil and well-mixed perforated cakes of flour mingled with oil.

(תודה) Todah can be translated to praise.

(CLV) Lv 7:16
If his approach present is a vow or a voluntary sacrifice, it shall be eaten on the day of his approach with his sacrifice, and on the morrow the rest of it may be eaten.

It can be for a vow, or just a voluntary act. No mention of sin.

(CLV) Lv 3:12
If his approach present is a goat then he will bring it near before Yahweh

(CLV) Lv 3:13
and support his hand on its head and slay it before the tent of appointment; and the sons of Aaron, the priests, will sprinkle its blood against the altar round about.

(CLV) Lv 3:14
Then he will bring near some of it as his approach present, a fire offering to Yahweh: The fat covering the inwards and all the fat which is on the inwards,

(CLV) Lv 3:15
the two kidneys and the fat which is around them, at the hips, and the protuberance on the liver; along with the kidneys shall he take it away.

(CLV) Lv 3:16
Then the priest will cause them to fume on the altar as a bread offering, a fire offering for a fragrant odor to Yahweh. All the fat shall be for Yahweh.

(CLV) Lv 3:17
It shall be an eonian statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings; any fat or any blood you shall not eat.

Most Christians pay very close attention not to eat blood; but few seem to be concerned about eating fat.

We conclude chapter 3 of Levitus and so far, with all of the Qorbans that we have covered, none mention a High Priest serving as an intercessor for sin. So far nothing concerning sin has been mentioned. It's also interesting that with all of these Qorbanim, in Leviticus 3 we find the first reference of a sacrifice; and that sacrifice is not for sin; and it is voluntary.

YHWH's Table (Part 4)

Last edited:

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
It makes sense when you think that Yeshua didn't perform the work of the priest while on earth, He was the sacrifice. Now in heaven He is our Yom Kippur High Priest to clean the sanctuary in heaven of all the accumulated sins of six thousand years. Now with His blood He pleads while He can. He knows that at the end of Heavenly Yom Kippur, when the sanctuary is cleansed of all sins, He job as our High Priest is over. He will take off the High Priest robes then don the Kingly robes and comes for us. It makes sense that the priests daily do not sacrifice for individual sins, and only the High Priest on Yom Kippur sacrifices for Himself and the congregation that one Holy Day of the year.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It makes sense when you think that Yeshua didn't perform the work of the priest while on earth, He was the sacrifice. Now in heaven He is our Yom Kippur High Priest to clean the sanctuary in heaven of all the accumulated sins of six thousand years. Now with His blood He pleads while He can. He knows that at the end of Heavenly Yom Kippur, when the sanctuary is cleansed of all sins, He job as our High Priest is over. He will take off the High Priest robes then don the Kingly robes and comes for us. It makes sense that the priests daily do not sacrifice for individual sins, and only the High Priest on Yom Kippur sacrifices for Himself and the congregation that one Holy Day of the year.

I just posted all of the relevant scripture, known to me, regarding Yom Kippurim here:

YHWH's Table (Part 12)

I've been looking forward to getting to that part of this study.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Continued from: YHWH's Table (Part 2)

So far in this series, we have seen no mention of sin, nor any mention of a High Priest in reference to the korban. Let's continue this study.

(CLV) Lv 3:1
If his approach (korban) present is a sacrifice (זבח) of peace (שלמים) offerings, if from the herd he is bringing it near, whether male or female, a flawless one is it which he shall bring near before Yahweh.

In this verse we are introduced to two more new words concerning YHWH's table.

1.) (זבח) zebah, which Gesenius describes as the flesh of slain animals.

View attachment 295376

H2077 - zeḇaḥ - Strong's Hebrew Lexicon (KJV)

2.) (שלמים) Looks like the plural of shalom (or peace) to me.

(CLV) Lv 3:2
He will support his hand on the head of his approach present and slay it at the opening of the tent of appointment. And the sons of Aaron, the priests, will sprinkle the blood against the altar round about.

We see it here again, that the person who brought it near, slays it, not a Priest.

(CLV) Lv 3:3
Then he will bring near from the sacrifice of peace offerings a fire offering to Yahweh: the fat covering the inwards and all the fat which is on the inwards,

(CLV) Lv 3:4

(CLV) Lv 3:5
Then the sons of Aaron will cause it to fume on the altar, on top of the ascent offering which is over the wood on the fire; it is a fire offering, a fragrant odor to Yahweh.

No mention of a high Priest yet. No mention of sin either.

(CLV) Lv 3:6
If his approach present for a sacrifice of peace offerings to Yahweh is from the flock, male or female, a flawless one is it which he shall bring near.

Notice that the (שלמים) peace korban can be a female.

(CLV) Lv 3:7
If it is a sheep he is bringing near as his approach present then he will bring it near before Yahweh

(CLV) Lv 3:8
and support his hand on the head of his approach present and slay it before the tent of appointment; and the sons of Aaron will sprinkle its blood against the altar round about.

(CLV) Lv 3:9
Then he will bring near from the sacrifice of peace offerings a fire offering to Yahweh: Its fat, the flawless fat tail, cut off close to the spine, shall he take it away; also the fat covering the inwards and all the fat which is on the inwards,

(CLV) Lv 3:10

(CLV) Lv 3:11
Then the priest will cause it to fume on the altar as a bread offering, a fire offering to Yahweh.

Notice the bread. Leviticus 7 goes into more detail concerning the bread portion of this korban. I see three reasons for this korban. None are for sin.

(CLV) Lv 7:12
If he should bring it near for an acclamation (תודה) then along with the acclamation sacrifice he will bring near unleavened perforated cakes mingled with oil and unleavened wafers anointed with oil and well-mixed perforated cakes of flour mingled with oil.

(תודה) Todah can be translated to praise.

(CLV) Lv 7:16
If his approach present is a vow or a voluntary sacrifice, it shall be eaten on the day of his approach with his sacrifice, and on the morrow the rest of it may be eaten.

It can be for a vow, or just a voluntary act. No mention of sin.

(CLV) Lv 3:12
If his approach present is a goat then he will bring it near before Yahweh

(CLV) Lv 3:13
and support his hand on its head and slay it before the tent of appointment; and the sons of Aaron, the priests, will sprinkle its blood against the altar round about.

(CLV) Lv 3:14
Then he will bring near some of it as his approach present, a fire offering to Yahweh: The fat covering the inwards and all the fat which is on the inwards,

(CLV) Lv 3:15
the two kidneys and the fat which is around them, at the hips, and the protuberance on the liver; along with the kidneys shall he take it away.

(CLV) Lv 3:16
Then the priest will cause them to fume on the altar as a bread offering, a fire offering for a fragrant odor to Yahweh. All the fat shall be for Yahweh.

(CLV) Lv 3:17
It shall be an eonian statute throughout your generations in all your dwellings; any fat or any blood you shall not eat.

Most Christians pay very close attention not to eat blood; but few seem to be concerned about eating fat.

We conclude chapter 3 of Levitus and so far, with all of the korbans that we have covered, none mention a High Priest serving as an intercessor for sin. So far nothing concerning sin has been mentioned. It's also interesting that with all of these korbanim, in Leviticus 3 we find the first reference of a sacrifice; and that sacrifice is not for sin; and it is voluntary.

YHWH's Table (Part 4)

Hark: I finally started reading your excellent study. I agree we are not to eat the saturated fat found in meat. Like you I always been impressed by Torah seeming knowledge of of things we find out only later such as saturated far or fat coming from cows, and goats is not healthy.

HaShem is a totally cool G-d. JS

Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,227,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
ADMIN HAT ON
full

Congregational Forum Restrictions
Members who do not truly share the core beliefs and teachings of a specific congregational forum may post in fellowship or ask questions, but they may not teach or debate within the forum.

ADMIN HAT OFF

Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hark: I finally started reading your excellent study. I agree we are not to eat the saturated fat found in meat. Like you I always been impressed by Torah seeming knowledge of of things we find out only later such as saturated far or fat coming from cows, and goats is not healthy.

HaShem is a totally cool G-d. JS

Is it possible that when the Torah says do not eat fat, it’s referring to a specific type of fat, such as the fat around the kidneys and organs, rather than a general prohibition on eating any kind of fat?

it’s almost impossible to not eat fat when eating beef, for example, because there is fat marbles throughout the flesh.

God permits his children to eat cows, and cows are not fat-free, yet he also says, do not eat fat, which is pretty much impossible when eating a cow.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,100,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Is it possible that when the Torah says do not eat fat, it’s referring to a specific type of fat, such as the fat around the kidneys and organs, rather than a general prohibition on eating any kind of fat?

it’s almost impossible to not eat fat when eating beef, for example, because there is fat marbles throughout the flesh.

God permits his children to eat cows, and cows are not fat-free, yet he also says, do not eat fat, which is pretty much impossible when eating a cow.

Leviticus 3:17 says any fat.

I suspect that beef was much leaner before man started injecting cows with all kinds of hormones to fatten them up. I don't know how one would get all of the blood out of a piece of meat either; but I think that we can all tell when there is fat hanging off of a piece of meat that has blood dripping out of it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Leviticus 3:17 says any fat.

I suspect that beef was much leaner before man started injecting cows with all kinds of hormones to fatten them up. I don't know how one would get all of the blood out of a piece of meat either; but I think that we can all tell when there is fat hanging off of a piece of meat that has blood dripping out of it.
I work for a family that raises grass-fed black angus cows. They never receive hormones, steroids, or antibiotics. Aside from vegetable/fruit scraps, the cows eat 100% grass, and some hay during the winter.

The meat is much leaner than your typical beef you would find in a grocery store, that eat a high grain diet that don’t get a lot of activity, but there is still fat.

there is just no way for me to eat it without consuming some of the fat. I would have to just not eat it, whether it’s ground beef, filet mignon, chuck roasts, and many others.

I am permitted to eat beef, but if I take Leviticus 3:17 as referring to 100% of the fat from the animal, rather than a specific type, I am not able to eat what I am permitted to eat.

• Informative
Upvote 0

Studyman

Site Supporter
Apr 18, 2020
Michigan
✟328,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I work for a family that raises grass-fed black angus cows. They never receive hormones, steroids, or antibiotics. Aside from vegetable/fruit scraps, the cows eat 100% grass, and some hay during the winter.

The meat is much leaner than your typical beef you would find in a grocery store, that eat a high grain diet that don’t get a lot of activity, but there is still fat.

there is just no way for me to eat it without consuming some of the fat. I would have to just not eat it, whether it’s ground beef, filet mignon, chuck roasts, and many others.

I am permitted to eat beef, but if I take Leviticus 3:17 as referring to 100% of the fat from the animal, rather than a specific type, I am not able to eat what I am permitted to eat.

Turtledoves also have fat, and yet there is no mention of the fat being removed from the turtledove.

And you are right, it is impossible to eat any part of the meat of a cow where no fat exists. As a person who butchers much of my own meat, and also a believer and follower of the Torah, I have come to know that there is a difference between the fat between the skin and the meat, along with the fat around the kidneys and intestines and the fat that exists inside the meat. If I can see this difference, then the God of the Bible certainly must know the difference, as he created them to be eaten. This is why it's ok to eat beef.

Remember, the Torah is Spiritual.

• Friendly
Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Kosher cows must graze for at least one year before they are ready for slaughter so its likely they have far less fat and a better kind as well.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums