habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Think about the god of jews..ALLAH is a unique existing you cannot divine it and there is no one similar to him. Jews teach that you cannot understand the true image of god and he cannot be known it is the known image of god who brought the universe

For jews, god of Israel the one is that of Abraham Isaac Jacoob who is the guider of this world, he rescued the sons of Israel from slavery in Egypt and brought for them the 613 commandments in TOOR SINAA as what the torah reveals. The god of Israel is YHWH in the Hebrew book..ALLAH is the same meaning as YHWY the image of god the mercy

Judaism was established upon the strict monotheism this doctrine reveals the belief in one god whom you cannot divide it. Worshipping multiple gods is polytheism same as the idea of god in three persons as the trinity. you cannot imagine in the book of Hebrew but this doctrine

“hear of Israel, our god the lord is a one unique god”

You can imagine god as the eternal the creator the knower the concept of wisedom he has the ability to do everything....ALLAH is similar to the truth

Well this page explains more the entity of God ..plz read the Islamic and Judaism part to see that God of Muslims is indeed the god of Abraham and the god of jews YHWY

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_in_Abrahamic_

we worship the same god whether you believe in or not:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/formerlyfundie/yes-christians-and-muslims-worship-the-same-god-but-heres-what-that-means-doesnt/

geiroffenberg

Sep 4, 2014
✟38,573.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
same word, el and al comes from the same root word in semitic language, but very different description of this God in those two religions. Both the jewish revelation of god and the islamic can not be true. On of them is false, and of course islam is the false one. That is why islamists defend pedophilia, inbreeding, terrorism etc. While jews do not.

• Winner
Reactions: lben
Upvote 0

overcomer

AKA 'OntheDL'
Mar 25, 2004
✟13,696.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not the same God of the bible has a son.

Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

Psalm2:7 I will declare the decree: the Lord hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.

The God of Islam has no son.

• Winner
Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely right, in that Christians worshipping in Arabic have always addressed God as 'Allah'. Objections to this in modern times have been put forward in modern times, but from the Islamic side rather than the Christian.

If my children call me Daddy does that make me everyone's father?

Upvote 0

lben

Dec 27, 2010
Ashtabula, OH
✟21,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
God of the Bible and allah are not the same. One (allah) has his adherents commit heinous acts in his name, the other (God of Abraham) forbids such acts. God of the Bible used plurals 'us' and 'our' when he was creating humans. Genesis 1:26 "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
God of the Bible and allah are not the same. One (allah) has his adherents commit heinous acts in his name, the other (God of Abraham) forbids such acts.
Although there are accounts in the OT where it's at least claimed that God commanded
genocide, though it could very well be just another case where humans used God as an
excuse to commit atrocities.

Upvote 0

GeorgeTwo

May 31, 2008
✟39,702.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Think about the god of jews..ALLAH is a unique existing you cannot divine it and there is no one similar to him. Jews teach that you cannot understand the true image of god and he cannot be known it is the known image of god who brought the universe

For jews, god of Israel the one is that of Abraham Isaac Jacoob who is the guider of this world, he rescued the sons of Israel from slavery in Egypt and brought for them the 613 commandments in TOOR SINAA as what the torah reveals. The god of Israel is YHWH in the Hebrew book..ALLAH is the same meaning as YHWY the image of god the mercy

Judaism was established upon the strict monotheism this doctrine reveals the belief in one god whom you cannot divide it. Worshipping multiple gods is polytheism same as the idea of god in three persons as the trinity. you cannot imagine in the book of Hebrew but this doctrine

You can imagine god as the eternal the creator the knower the concept of wisedom he has the ability to do everything....ALLAH is similar to the truth

Well this page explains more the entity of God ..plz read the Islamic and Judaism part to see that God of Muslims is indeed the god of Abraham and the god of jews YHWY

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/formerlyfundie/yes-christians-and-muslims-worship-the-same-god-but-heres-what-that-means-doesnt/

Question: "Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?"

Answer:
The Muslim and Christian views of God have some similarities. Christians believe in one eternal God Who created the universe, and Muslims apply these attributes to Allah. Both view God as all-powerful, all-knowing, and all-present.

A vital difference between the Islamic and Christian views of God is the biblical concept of the Trinity. In the Bible, God has revealed Himself as one God in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. While each Person of the Trinity is fully God, God is not three gods but three in one.

God’s Son came in the form of man, a truth called the incarnation (Luke 1:30-35; John 1:14; Colossians 2:9; 1 John 4:1-3). The Lord Jesus Christ conquered the penalty and power of sin by dying on the cross (Romans 6:23). After rising from the dead, Jesus went back to heaven to be with His Father and sent the Holy Spirit to believers (Acts 1:8-11). One day, Christ will return to judge and rule (Acts 10:42, 43). Those who have trusted in the Lord Jesus will live with Him, but those who refuse to follow Him must be separated in hell from the holy God.

“The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand. Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him” (John 3:35-36). Either Jesus bears the wrath of God for your sin on the cross or you bear the wrath of God for your sin in hell (1 Peter 2:24).

The Trinity is essential to the Christian faith. Without the Trinity, there would be no incarnation of God’s Son in the Person of Jesus Christ. Without Jesus Christ, there would be no salvation from sin. Without salvation, sin would condemn all to an eternal hell.

So, do Christians and Muslims worship the same God? A better question is, “Do Christians and Muslims both have a correct understanding of who God is?” To this question, the answer is definitely no. Because of crucial differences between the Christian and Muslim concepts of God, the two faiths cannot both be true. The biblical God alone addresses and solves the problem of sin by giving His Son.

“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son” (John 3:16-18).
(GotQuestions)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,533.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Although there are accounts in the OT where it's at least claimed that God commanded
genocide, though it could very well be just another case where humans used God as an
excuse to commit atrocities.

Psalms 44 has a slightly different angle,
God, with our ears we have heard, our fathers have told us,
of the deeds You wrought in their days, in the days of old.
You drove out nations with Your hand and planted (Israel in their place);
You afflicted peoples and banished them.
For not by their sword did they inherit the land,
and their own arm did not save them,
but by Your right hand and the light of Your countenance-
for You favoured them.

He has not exchanged Israel for another.

Upvote 0

Jane_the_Bane

Gaia's godchild
Feb 11, 2004
✟168,333.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
UK-Greens
The strange thing about the manifold Abrahamaic religions is that each one's claim that their god is the god of Abraham is simultaneously true and false.

True, because each one of them is an offshoot of the same foundational myth, a separate retcon.
And false, because few other members of the family tree will accept them as authentic, because their retcons are incompatible with each other.

No Abrahamic theist aside from a Christian (except perhaps for a Baha'i, I'm not quite sure about their specific concept of divinity) will accept that Jesus was the God of Abraham in the flesh.
No Abrahamic theist aside from a muslim will accept that the Qur'an is the direct and final revelation of the God of Abraham, never to be replaced by any new insight or revelation.
No Abrahamic theist aside from a Mormon will accept that Jesus visited a Jewish colony in America and inspired an additional holy book there.

And so on and so forth. Wars have been fought and blood has been spilled over this, time and again.

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
And definitely not the same religion.

Christ, the son of God tells his disciples to 'love your enemies' while Islam slaughters more than 200,000 Christians a year.
same as the crusades who killed millions of people does that mean god of Christians are a false god?

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
God of the Bible and allah are not the same. One (allah) has his adherents commit heinous acts in his name, the other (God of Abraham) forbids such acts. God of the Bible used plurals 'us' and 'our' when he was creating humans. Genesis 1:26 "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."
they are not his adherence they are liying in the name of god

Last edited:
Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
@ jane the bane
ALLAH is the god of Abraham
124. And (remember) when the Lord of Ibrahim (Abraham) [i.e., Allah] tried him with (certain) Commands, which he fulfilled. He (Allah) said (to him), "Verily, I am going to make you a leader (Prophet) of mankind." [Ibrahim (Abraham)] said, "And of my offspring (to make leaders)." (Allah) said, "My Covenant (Prophethood, etc.) includes not Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers)."

125. And (remember) when We made the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) a place of resort for mankind and a place of safety. And take you (people) the Maqam (place) of Ibrahim (Abraham) [or the stone on which Ibrahim (Abraham) stood while he was building the Ka'bah] as a place of prayer (for some of your prayers, e.g. two Rak'at after the Tawaf of the Ka'bah at Makkah), and We commanded Ibrahim (Abraham) and Isma'il (Ishmael) that they should purify My House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) for those who are circumambulating it, or staying (I'tikaf), or bowing or prostrating themselves (there, in prayer).

126. And (remember) when Ibrahim (Abraham) said, "My Lord, make this city (Makkah) a place of security and provide its people with fruits, such of them as believe in Allah and the Last Day." He (Allah) answered: "As for him who disbelieves, I shall leave him in contentment for a while, then I shall compel him to the torment of the Fire, and worst indeed is that destination!"

127. And (remember) when Ibrahim (Abraham) and (his son) Isma'il (Ishmael) were raising the foundations of the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah), (saying), "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us. Verily! You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knower."

130. And who turns away from the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) except him who befools himself? Truly, We chose him in this world and verily, in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.

132. And this (submission to Allah, Islam) was enjoined by Ibrahim (Abraham) upon his sons and by Ya'qub (Jacob), (saying), "O my sons! Allah has chosen for you the (true) religion, then die not except in the Faith of Islam (as Muslims - Islamic Monotheism)."

(Al-Bakara 126-132)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,533.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
@ jane the bane
ALLAH is the god of Abraham
124. And (remember) when the Lord of Ibrahim (Abraham) [i.e., Allah] tried him with (certain) Commands, which he fulfilled. He (Allah) said (to him), "Verily, I am going to make you a leader (Prophet) of mankind." [Ibrahim (Abraham)] said, "And of my offspring (to make leaders)." (Allah) said, "My Covenant (Prophethood, etc.) includes not Zalimun (polytheists and wrong-doers)."

125. And (remember) when We made the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) a place of resort for mankind and a place of safety. And take you (people) the Maqam (place) of Ibrahim (Abraham) [or the stone on which Ibrahim (Abraham) stood while he was building the Ka'bah] as a place of prayer (for some of your prayers, e.g. two Rak'at after the Tawaf of the Ka'bah at Makkah), and We commanded Ibrahim (Abraham) and Isma'il (Ishmael) that they should purify My House (the Ka'bah at Makkah) for those who are circumambulating it, or staying (I'tikaf), or bowing or prostrating themselves (there, in prayer).

126. And (remember) when Ibrahim (Abraham) said, "My Lord, make this city (Makkah) a place of security and provide its people with fruits, such of them as believe in Allah and the Last Day." He (Allah) answered: "As for him who disbelieves, I shall leave him in contentment for a while, then I shall compel him to the torment of the Fire, and worst indeed is that destination!"

127. And (remember) when Ibrahim (Abraham) and (his son) Isma'il (Ishmael) were raising the foundations of the House (the Ka'bah at Makkah), (saying), "Our Lord! Accept (this service) from us. Verily! You are the All-Hearer, the All-Knower."

130. And who turns away from the religion of Ibrahim (Abraham) (i.e. Islamic Monotheism) except him who befools himself? Truly, We chose him in this world and verily, in the Hereafter he will be among the righteous.

132. And this (submission to Allah, Islam) was enjoined by Ibrahim (Abraham) upon his sons and by Ya'qub (Jacob), (saying), "O my sons! Allah has chosen for you the (true) religion, then die not except in the Faith of Islam (as Muslims - Islamic Monotheism)."

(Al-Bakara 126-132)

Help me, who is verse 132 adressed to?

Upvote 0

loNe

Mar 20, 2017
earth's prison
✟8,974.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

true.
both are mimicks of ancient egypt.

That is why 'muslims' and 'jews' worship the same egyptian deity -
mimicking as God :
because judaism and islam share the same egyptian root.

Astute post - thank you.

Upvote 0

ronandcarol

Mar 9, 2014
✟27,889.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
YHWH the father ALLAH...same god.
In plain English I call Him God the Father. You stated, the Jews teach,
that you cannot understand the true image of god
, as it is written in the Bible, the Jews didn't even know God when He was in the flesh standing before them, they crucified Him. But if you are saying that the same god is over Jews, Muslims and so on, you are partially correct. There is ONLY One True God that is over all things, and He is the One True God that is over ALL who believe. He has true believers in every religion in the world.
ronandcarol

• Haha
Upvote 0

lben

Dec 27, 2010
Ashtabula, OH
✟21,731.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
YHWH the father ALLAH...same god.
There is ONLY One True God that is over all things, and He is the One True God that is over ALL who believe. He has true believers in every religion in the world.
ronandcarol

True there is only ONE God, the creator. However, not everyone worships him. Different religions worship different gods rather than God the creator. No he doesn't have true believers in every religion. He has true believers in the faith that he teaches us in his word, the Holy Bible. All other beliefs are false.

Upvote 0