Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
A short time ago someone on the forum said this, "For thousands of years God heard the prayers of his people without Yeshua's name, and continues to do so."

The reason I bring this up again is because of something I read about Rosanne Barr. She says she's going to Israel to study with her favorite teacher. Apparently she's embraced her roots in Judaism. Will YHVH hear her prayers?
Yeshua said no one comes to the Father except through him. And yet I can't help feeling happy that Rosanne was turned to Judaism. Am I totally wrong in my thinking?

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When the Scripture says to pray "in Jesus's Name" it means under the authority of Jesus. We come to YHWH under Jesus authority.. thats what it means to pray in Jesus's name.

So no, if you try and approach YHWH under another authority (name) you will be denied which means Rosanne Barr may be happy to be Jewish and she may believe YHWH will hear her request but she is going to HIM under the wrong authority when she prays - even if that authority is Abraham.

Jesus came under authority of the Father (YHWH), we go under authority of Jesus. Jesus did nothing outside of the will of the Father. We do nothing and ask nothing outside of the will of Jesus.

Praying in Jesus's name means to pray in the Fathers Will.

There isn't an authority outside of that now to come to YHWH in..

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Lost4words
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A short time ago someone on the forum said this, "For thousands of years God heard the prayers of his people without Yeshua's name, and continues to do so."

The reason I bring this up again is because of something I read about Rosanne Barr. She says she's going to Israel to study with her favorite teacher. Apparently she's embraced her roots in Judaism. Will YHVH hear her prayers?
Yeshua said no one comes to the Father except through him. And yet I can't help feeling happy that Rosanne was turned to Judaism. Am I totally wrong in my thinking?
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.” (John 3:36)

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did God the Father break His connection with Israel?
Yes, Paul says he broke off the unbelievers in Romans 11. And that he will graft them back into Israel through faith in Christ (Romans 11:23). Jesus is Israel along with all who believe in him. The unbelieving Jews are gentiles by default.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

JohnC2

Aug 21, 2014
✟22,503.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The old covenant is not gone and it’s not nullified. Jesus makes that clear...

We are in effect dead to it through Jesus death. He paid the price for our failure.

Paul develops this point - the ultimate price of failure in Sinai was death. Once you are dead - that covenant offers no further punishment.

Claiming that God has forsaken a promise which He said he would never forsake is blasphemy - it makes God a liar....... It impugns his very nature by saying that he is not a promise keeper... The Jews may be experiencing a partial (severe) blindness at God’s hand - but they are not forsaken... God is very much watching over them...

I would make more of a case that they stand like Job.... Punished for things wrongly imputed to them that they did not do... (For example - it is a matter of historical record that 100% of the priests and Sanhedrin that “convicted” Jesus and turned him over for crucifixion were Roman appointees - they had no hereditary/scriptural claim to their official position - it was granted by the Roman Senate at the good pleasure of the Roman Procurator.).

And as such - the Jews can make a claim to God for restoration at His hand.... This is why Paul makes the claim that Jews will receive resurrection from the dead.

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The partial blindness and the fullness of the Gentiles was all fulfilled prior to 70 AD and the destruction of the Temple.

There was a period of time, just under one generation (just under 40 years), between Christ's death and resurrection, and the destruction of the Temple where BOTH the old and new covenants were in place, it gave time for the word of the Messiah to spread to all of that generation.

The Jews first, then the Gentiles then one last round to the Jews then the Temple was destroyed and we came fully into the New Covenant.

Now with the New Covenant in full effect, there is no other path to God. No longer is there an old covenant to come to God under.
If the fullness of the Gentiles was fulfilled prior to 70AD, then why have so many gentiles over the past almost 2000 years turned to the God of Israel?

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If someone turns to, or returns to God, we should be happy about that. :clap:
And how do we know for sure that it isn't Yeshua that is leading Roseanne Barr back to Judaism? "All Israel will be saved" and how God goes about that is up to Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,164.44
Faith
Messianic
If someone turns to, or returns to God, we should be happy about that. :clap:
And how do we know for sure that it isn't Yeshua that is leading Roseanne Barr back to Judaism? "All Israel will be saved" and how God goes about that is up to Him.
Isn't that why living the life is more important that claiming the life.

Reactions: chunkofcoal
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟700,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If the fullness of the Gentiles was fulfilled prior to 70AD, then why have so many gentiles over the past almost 2000 years turned to the God of Israel?

Did you assume the door to the nation's closed at the commencement of the New Covenant?

No.. the door is simply now open to everyone equally..

• Agree
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

azzy

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2005
Rock Hill SC
✟49,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Well, if a good Rabbi, during the Passover, didnt have Lambs blood on the doorpost of his home, would he have lost his 1st born son? What about if a good Rabbi had been bitten by a serpent, and refused to look at the serpent on the pole like God told him too, would he live or die?

Upvote 0

chunkofcoal

Messianic Christian
Sep 30, 2004
✟83,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you assume the door to the nation's closed at the commencement of the New Covenant?

No.. the door is simply now open to everyone equally..
The door will close. Luke 13:24-30
God will gather His people; there will be a resurrection.
To the Jew first, and also the gentile....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not biblical Jews.
Go re-read Romans 11. Paul talks about Israel (Jews) being "enemies of the gospel."

I think that would qualify as a biblical Jew.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Go re-read Romans 11. Paul talks about Israel (Jews) being "enemies of the gospel."

I think that would qualify as a biblical Jew.
Jesus abolished circumcision on the cross. Circumcision made one a physical "Jew" or physical member of Israel. When the circumcised Jews of Paul's day died off, nothing remained to make one a biblical Jew or member if Israel except faith in Christ.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter and verse that says this??
“And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.” (Genesis 17:14)

“And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;” (Colossians 2:13–14)

Upvote 0