Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
  • 1. Lots of believers don't understand what it means to be under the "law" which is to be under it's jurisdiction. Not freedom to break it because sins have there consiquenses and the consiquenses one must pay are not pretty at all.
  • 2. Yeshua did not anull the Torah but he did fullfil its requirements. To fullfil means to fill to it's fullest not destroy. To equate"fulfill" with "done away" anulled or "made void" is erroneous, and unscripturally supported.
  • 3. Yeshua did satisfy the severe penalties of the law in our behalf. However, this does not mean we should promote lawlessness for the consequences are still terrible. Plus, if he did take the penalties away [like some Christians say] - there would be no standard by which to judge the wicked.
  • 4. Yeshua taught us how to live in obidience to the Spirit of the law... He did not teach us to abandon the law.
  • 5. The law still condemns the unrighteous, but not those who are in Yeshua, for there is no condemnation for those who are in Messiah.
  • 6. G-d's law does not forbide us to enjoy life, rather it teaches us how to enjoy life in a balanced and righteous manner.
  • 7. To say we don't have to work to please G-d is in error.. But in another twist to say we have to work and if we don't we are excluded from eternal life is also error.
  • 8. We are saved by grace through faith alone, in Yeshua alone.. but we are not given a license to sin by his grace.
  • 9. Believers are eternally obliged to abide by the the Commandments statues and ordinances of the Eternal.
  • 10. In Yeshua, we are not under condemnation for falling short of perfection, but we have to make sure that we don't disregard his eternal instructions.
  • 11. We should always show mercy and forgiveness to others, just as Yeshua has shown mercy and forgiveness towards us, [when we did not deserve it] - he did it all gratutiously with out expecting anything from our part. That is how unimaginable his love towards us is.

Reactions: plum

YeshuamySalvation

Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Tishri1 said:
That was awesome! I am teaching on this in a few weeks ...can I quote you?
Ofcourse you can!!:)

Missiju said:
definite props for the OP :) YeshuamySalvation, how about adding the Scripture verses for reference to each of your points? this would be a great addition.
Your right, i should've.. I was just a little tired that night!!

Upvote 0

Dondi

Veteran
Sep 8, 2005
Southern Maryland
✟17,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree what YeshuamySalvation said about the "Law of Love". But when I read this post, I thought he would have mentioned Matthew 22:36-40:

"Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, 'Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, 'Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself'. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."

This to me is the Law of Love. Yes, Yeshua did fulfill righteous requirement the law, but He also expects us to fulfill the above commandments whereby hang the law and the prophets. Thank God He gave us His Spirit and His Word whereby we can accomplish this!

Upvote 0

Febe

Dec 13, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden.
✟4,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
YeshuamySalvation said:
  • 1. Lots of believers don't understand what it means to be under the "law" which is to be under it's jurisdiction. Not freedom to break it because sins have there consiquenses and the consiquenses one must pay are not pretty at all.
  • 2. Yeshua did not anull the Torah but he did fullfil its requirements. To fullfil means to fill to it's fullest not destroy. To equate"fulfill" with "done away" anulled or "made void" is erroneous, and unscripturally supported.
  • 3. Yeshua did satisfy the severe penalties of the law in our behalf. However, this does not mean we should promote lawlessness for the consequences are still terrible. Plus, if he did take the penalties away [like some Christians say] - there would be no standard by which to judge the wicked.
  • 4. Yeshua taught us how to live in obidience to the Spirit of the law... He did not teach us to abandon the law.
  • 5. The law still condemns the unrighteous, but not those who are in Yeshua, for there is no condemnation for those who are in Messiah.
  • 6. G-d's law does not forbide us to enjoy life, rather it teaches us how to enjoy life in a balanced and righteous manner.
  • 7. To say we don't have to work to please G-d is in error.. But in another twist to say we have to work and if we don't we are excluded from eternal life is also error.
  • 8. We are saved by grace through faith alone, in Yeshua alone.. but we are not given a license to sin by his grace.
  • 9. Believers are eternally obliged to abide by the the Commandments statues and ordinances of the Eternal.
  • 10. In Yeshua, we are not under condemnation for falling short of perfection, but we have to make sure that we don't disregard his eternal instructions.
  • 11. We should always show mercy and forgiveness to others, just as Yeshua has shown mercy and forgiveness towards us, [when we did not deserve it] - he did it all gratutiously with out expecting anything from our part. That is how unimaginable his love towards us is.

:thumbsup: Very well said, indeed!:amen:
Thank You!:hug:

Upvote 0

YeshuamySalvation

Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Febe said:
:thumbsup: Very well said, indeed!:amen:
Thank You!:hug:
Thanks a million my sister!!

Yeshua My Salvation > I will present scriptures concerning The law of God in the New Testament. The law of God was never meant "as a means of righteousness", or "salvation", but rather that it should point sinners to both righteousness and salvation. The Lord Yeshua of course, being that which they point to for salvation, and the fulfillment of righteousness within the believer. Yeshua did fulfill the law. Those therefore who believe in Him, and have accepted him in to their hearts, through the enabling power of the Holy Spirit, also have the law fulfilled within them. This is not a means of Justification, Righteousness, nor Salvation, but it comes as a result of being in perfect communion with our Lord and Saviour, in whom all things are possible...... Phil.4:13 13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Rom 2:13-15 13 For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified.

14 For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves:

15 Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the mean while accusing or else excusing one another

Rom 3:31 31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 7:14 14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

Rom 8:3-4 3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:

4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Yeshua My Salvation >The law is spiritual. Those who walk in the spirit, have the righteousness of the law " imputed" within them. This they don't do to earn merit by doing good works to be saved, but rather because they already have there Salvation as a gift from G_d's divine grace. There faith leads them to obidience; to obey G_d's Commands is to have faith in God.

Rom 13:8 8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Rom 13:10 10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

Gal 5:14-18 14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Yeshua My Salvation > Those who walk in the spirit, are not under the law. This is because, the law is spiritual. Those who are walking in the spirit have the Righteousness of the law" imputed" in them. Instead of the works of the flesh which is corruption. If you are in Yeshua, by faith in what he did for us in Calvary, then you have been baptized into his death, i don't mean water "baptisim", i mean being baptized into Yeshua. If you have died with Him, then the laws demands, penalties and curses are no longer over you, for the penalty of trangression is death. And Yeshua has already acomplished that for you in the Cross. Since you have already been baptized into his death, you no longer live in disobidience but in newness of life.

Rom.6:1-4, 13-16

1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?

2 God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ
were baptized into his death?

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid.

16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Matt 5:17-20 17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousnessshall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matt. 22:36-40

36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

This is the first and great commandment.

And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thyneighbour as thyself.

On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

John 14:15-21 15 15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

John 15:10,12,13 10 If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Greater love hath noman than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Upvote 0

YeshuamySalvation

Dec 1, 2005
Miami Lakes
✟1,336.00
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
A continuation of my previous post.

I Jn 2:3-4 3 And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

I Jn 3:22-24 22 And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 Jn 5:2-3 2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.2 Jn 1:5-6 5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Rev 12:17 17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12 12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Rev 22:14 14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Galatians 4 4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

Eph 2:15
15 having abolished in His flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances, that He might make in Himself one new man out of the two, so making peace,

Yeshua My Salvation > By Yeshua paying the penalty of the law, does not change the law in the slightest bit, but rather my standing in relation to the law. The law does not cease to exists, but when i am in Yeshua, i am no longer under the law, i'm no longer under it's condemnation. There is no longer enmity between us as Yeshua has abolished "the enmity" between the law, "and the transgressor", not the law.

Reactions: Febe
Upvote 0

Febe

Dec 13, 2005
Gothenburg, Sweden.
✟4,260.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:thumbsup: Exactly! Yeshua/Jesus did not break any single point of the Law, or told anyone to, but He fullfilled it!

One of my favourites is John 8, where the people had caught a women that had comitted a sexual sin (don´t know the right term in English)... The law said she should die - and He did not say anything against the law... But He let them know that they were not in the position to judge! And He, Who could have done it - with all right - did not! That is great!!!

As I am a sinner also, thogh not in that way, it is good to hear that He prefers to forgive!:bow:

G-d is so merciful!:clap:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums