Somewhere on planet earth
✟15,847.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
As we Moms of members of the Armed Forces say, please fasten your seatbelts, you are in for quite a roller coaster ride.

There are going to be ups and downs. Your son is going to wonder why he made the decision he did. He will need you to tell him that he can and will do it. That you are proud of him for serving. When you see him at the graduation from Training, you are going to be so proud of him and he is going to be so proud of himself for all he has accomplished.

Since he is going Infantry, he will be doing Basic and Advanced training all together in what is called OSUT or One Station Unit Training with graduation at the end of that time period and I can't remember how long that is, around 11 or 14 weeks I think.

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
You don't have to "steal" my snickerdoodles...I baked plenty enough to share :p

2027318068_3ecd7b85da.jpg

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As we Moms of members of the Armed Forces say, please fasten your seatbelts, you are in for quite a roller coaster ride.

There are going to be ups and downs. Your son is going to wonder why he made the decision he did. He will need you to tell him that he can and will do it. That you are proud of him for serving. When you see him at the graduation from Training, you are going to be so proud of him and he is going to be so proud of himself for all he has accomplished.

Since he is going Infantry, he will be doing Basic and Advanced training all together in what is called OSUT or One Station Unit Training with graduation at the end of that time period and I can't remember how long that is, around 11 or 14 weeks I think.

Thanks for the info and yes, it has been and will continue to be supportive of him ALL THE WAY!! :thumbsup: It bes already very very proud of him and has started a blog in his honor to chronicle whatever progress he makes, etc.

He bes coming to visit this weekend and his father bes hosting a send-off party for him Sunday. Next Wednesday he will be en route to Fort Benning!

Upvote 0

Gwenyfur

Legend
Dec 18, 2004
Everywhere
✟66,698.00
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Send offs are hard...
don't let him see ya cry, just let him see your smile and your pride ;)

we can always cry later :hug:

tears of pride are welcome at graduation however :D

When I watched my daughter pin her Eagle Globe and Anchor on her barracks cover, I had free flowing tears...my dad kept tellin' me "jarheads don't cry" but in taht moment, it really was like passing on the traditions to the next generation...more so than with any of my recruits...

anyhow...
we're here, military families hangin' onto each other :hug:

Love you too Moriah :)

QA You're most welcome...I'm always in the kitchen on my days off cooking or baking up something...

last weekend it was chicken apple curry with samosas and chipata bread :D

This week it's moroccan, though Bug hasn't decided which recipe yet :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jcook922

Defender of Liberty, against the Left or Right.
Aug 5, 2008
United States
✟9,746.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks for the info and yes, it has been and will continue to be supportive of him ALL THE WAY!! :thumbsup: It bes already very very proud of him and has started a blog in his honor to chronicle whatever progress he makes, etc.

He bes coming to visit this weekend and his father bes hosting a send-off party for him Sunday. Next Wednesday he will be en route to Fort Benning!

I know this thread is old, but what's with all the "it" stuff?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.