EU
✟17,813.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How about I have my husband email (edited) you. He's repented and has ministered to some seriously spiritually dark situations. But right now, give him time. Pulled in different directions for now due to Hurricane/TStorm Harvey attacking many of our family even though we are okay.

thank you for your offer. If your husband is willing to email me, I would really appreciate it.

Upvote 0

DZoolander

Persnickety Member
Apr 24, 2007
Far far away
✟120,134.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Your life is only ruined if you allow it to be.

It's against the guidelines for this board to advocate for divorce, but hey, someone prays for your death and twists scripture like that? What the heck. I'll take the warning or whatever. If true that's someone that deserves no place of authority in your or your children's lives. Divorce her and get the heck out of dodge.

Take a few years to yourself, find yourself again, get over this monstrous situation, then you and your children move on in a healthy way.

That's what I'd do.

Upvote 0

RedPonyDriver

Professional Pot Stirrer
Oct 18, 2014
USA
✟76,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Democrat
regarding crying at a funeral. I did not shed a single tear at either of my parents' funerals. It had nothing to do with whether or not I loved them and everything to do with not liking to show emotion in public. I do not cry, ever. If you were looking for an emotional reaction from me, you wouldn't get it...I don't show emotion publicly...EVER. Be careful how you judge someone's reaction.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, I just read the opening post. There is a lot of weird stuff in that story.

I suppose it is possible that your wife did not sleep with this man, possible.

I believe that demons exist, so demons throwing you around the room sounds like the most rational explanation. I am not sure exactly how it works. I suppose it is possible that your wife or her male friend could have been involved in the occult. Maybe the prayers for death or some kind of curse tapped into something occultic. Or maybe they weren't 'summoned' by either of them, but you were both under demonic attack in different ways. If that happens again, command it to go in the name of Jesus. IF you don't feel you have the faith, call some other people to come pray for you in your house.

I have a friend who, when he was a child, saw a black figure like that at his bed. In the house he was staying in, doors would lock by themselves, he said. The light would come on when they drove over the hill and saw the house, and be out when they got there. They tested it when someone was at the house and it did not come on. They moved away.

Years later, in college, he'd gotten serious about his faith and was 'targeting' other people with a small group of friends to evangelize them, and a youth group near church was growing. There was also a witch cult the school administration was concerned about, and even spoke to him about it fo some reason. He said a dark figure showed up at his bed, summoned by a spell from the witches who were against him (not sure how he knew that when he told the story.) He said, the first time he saw the dark figure by his bed, he was scared of it. But this time, he wasn't scared of it, and he could sense that it was afraid of him.

Anyway, I'd ecnourage you to continue to grow in your faith, intercede for your wife, and take up spiritual leadership in yoru home. I want demons to be afraid of you and not vice versa.

If your wife says she doesn't ahve to do something ebcause she doesn't feel God leading her to do it or doesn't think something is wrong because she doesn't feel like it's wrong, you could remind her that she carried on that relationship for years and years. The Bible mentions people whose consciences were seared with a hot iron. You coudl mention that to her. If she says that it doesn't matter if she sins because God forgives her, read her that 'God is not mocked' passage, and the 'I never knew you passage' out of Matthew 7. If she doesn't go to counseling, tell her you are her husband and you want her to go to counseling. You could find something in the Bible (e.g. I Peter 3) to go along with that line of reasoning for her.

I would encourage you to pray with your wife and kids and read the Bible with them. I try to lead my kids in family devotions every night. My wife is usually involved with that. Sometimes I'll do it. Sometimes if I work late, she will. My wife and I also pray together. It's a good thing and it can be a blessing for your family. You can also spend time together praying for your marriage.

The Lord may use you to reach your wife and to restore your family.

Upvote 0

Jidalbc

Aug 26, 2017
EU
✟17,813.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, I just read the opening post. There is a lot of weird stuff in that story.

I suppose it is possible that your wife did not sleep with this man, possible.

I believe that demons exist, so demons throwing you around the room sounds like the most rational explanation. I am not sure exactly how it works. I suppose it is possible that your wife or her male friend could have been involved in the occult. Maybe the prayers for death or some kind of curse tapped into something occultic. Or maybe they weren't 'summoned' by either of them, but you were both under demonic attack in different ways. If that happens again, command it to go in the name of Jesus. IF you don't feel you have the faith, call some other people to come pray for you in your house.

I have a friend who, when he was a child, saw a black figure like that at his bed. In the house he was staying in, doors would lock by themselves, he said. The light would come on when they drove over the hill and saw the house, and be out when they got there. They tested it when someone was at the house and it did not come on. They moved away.

Years later, in college, he'd gotten serious about his faith and was 'targeting' other people with a small group of friends to evangelize them, and a youth group near church was growing. There was also a witch cult the school administration was concerned about, and even spoke to him about it fo some reason. He said a dark figure showed up at his bed, summoned by a spell from the witches who were against him (not sure how he knew that when he told the story.) He said, the first time he saw the dark figure by his bed, he was scared of it. But this time, he wasn't scared of it, and he could sense that it was afraid of him.

Anyway, I'd ecnourage you to continue to grow in your faith, intercede for your wife, and take up spiritual leadership in yoru home. I want demons to be afraid of you and not vice versa.

If your wife says she doesn't ahve to do something ebcause she doesn't feel God leading her to do it or doesn't think something is wrong because she doesn't feel like it's wrong, you could remind her that she carried on that relationship for years and years. The Bible mentions people whose consciences were seared with a hot iron. You coudl mention that to her. If she says that it doesn't matter if she sins because God forgives her, read her that 'God is not mocked' passage, and the 'I never knew you passage' out of Matthew 7. If she doesn't go to counseling, tell her you are her husband and you want her to go to counseling. You could find something in the Bible (e.g. I Peter 3) to go along with that line of reasoning for her.

I would encourage you to pray with your wife and kids and read the Bible with them. I try to lead my kids in family devotions every night. My wife is usually involved with that. Sometimes I'll do it. Sometimes if I work late, she will. My wife and I also pray together. It's a good thing and it can be a blessing for your family. You can also spend time together praying for your marriage.

The Lord may use you to reach your wife and to restore your family.

Thank you for your words.
She does not want to pray with me. However when we sometimes do, and I pray aloud she then says she cannot listen to my prayers and prays herself during my prayer. I dont understand that.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Brother, the sure way to win this battle spiritually is getting before Jesus Christ in deep prayer with time, total transparency, and unfamiliar surrender (new to how you've never surrendered before) while having your Bible opened mainly to the 4 gospels and read those passages with detailed observance. Believe what Jesus said 100%. Believe every passage. If there be anything you do not understand or seems contradictory throughout that whole Bible, ask Him to give you wisdom on those questions and rest assured He'll give you the wisdom liberally as James explained in chapter 1 of his letter. Boldly ask Jesus everything about everything. Fast at a pace He gives you. Put aside meals, Internet, and whatever else.

Don't study any doctrines of any demons. Read Revelation 2-3. Not in any attempt to "know" about spiritual warfare. It's got to be straight Word. That is the sword. Ephesians 6. Matthew 4. If you and my husband communicate about spiritual warfare it will not ensure your victory at all. It will only inform you the way our relatives are informed about flooding they can't escape.

There is a power in the Word that is sure and true in God's Word. But with it being available, it's not widely spread even among Christians because we practice among ourselves relying on good spiritual books and conversations to prepare us for battle with Satan's organization that is well informed of the Word too many Christians dodge. And Satan's angels attack from every angle. Even from within our circles disguising themselves as angels of light through things we are distracted by in teachings that put the teachers popularly on pedestals of consultation instead of the Word Itself. That's why I suggest listening to teaching that will take you line by line in God's Word. God's Word convicts, delivers, sets us free, imparts wisdom supernaturally, and ultimately saves.
Wonderful advice, basically, from someone who has herself evidently been through the furnace of affliction (Isaiah 48.10).

I find the message of Hosea breathtaking, how the prophet was commanded to marry someone who was not faithful to the covenant relationship, in order that Hosea might be taught, incrementally, deep patience as a prophet towards God's wayward people.

Upvote 0
Mar 14, 2012
over here in Texas
✟63,321.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wonderful advice, basically, from someone who has herself evidently been through the furnace of affliction (Isaiah 48.10).

I find the message of Hosea breathtaking, how the prophet was commanded to marry someone who was not faithful to the covenant relationship, in order that Hosea might be taught, incrementally, deep patience as a prophet towards God's wayward people.
When I read Hosea in the aftermath of my husband's affair, I cried and cried as I prayed and read. I was completely broken - and certainly more humbled than I had ever been reading Hosea pre-aftair. I admit, I didn't read it through. Your post is just a reminder that I need to go back again to that book.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
When I read Hosea in the aftermath of my husband's affair, I cried and cried as I prayed and read. I was completely broken - and certainly more humbled than I had ever been reading Hosea pre-aftair. I admit, I didn't read it through. Your post is just a reminder that I need to go back again to that book.
It just goes to show how Divine revelation in the Scriptures gives such a vast difference of perspective, even amidst the furnace of affliction. God bless your home.

Upvote 0