Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
imo the republican party will have to change because republicans are going for the new Trump style ideology

right now the members are not happy with the gop politicians but they are happy with Trump - so something is going to have to give
I agree, and there is a specific reason for all of this.

The issues that more or less define what the political spectrum is have shifted. What truly distinguishes Left vs Right in our country is no longer the issue of how much government involvement there ought to be (the party of More Government vs the party of Less Government), nor how much taxation there ought to be (the party of High Taxes vs the party of Low Taxes). While those issues still exist, they have shifted to the back of people's minds, both on the Left and on the Right. What has become the critical issue is now Globalism vs Localism.

Trump sees this, and "America First" was deliberately chosen as a slogan precisely because of this issue. This is what is driving his immigration agenda, his tariff agenda, etc. Whatever else people may want to say about his stance on other issues, THE most pressing issue is that of the intergraty of our nation, our people, our culture, our laws, our economy, our way of life, etc, and preserving all of that and preventing it from being destroyed by the Leftist Globalists.

It is no longer the 1980s. What were vital and pressing issues then are not vital and pressing issue now, and we need to tackle what truly matters in the here and now. Many on the Right still have an 80s mindset when it comes to what the Republican Party should be about, and are failing to see the bigger picture right in front of them, and I believe that that plays a huge role in their continued rejection of Trump.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Truthfrees

Site Supporter
May 20, 2015
✟277,188.00
Faith
Word of Faith
I agree, and there is a specific reason for all of this.

The issues that more or less define what the political spectrum is have shifted. What truly distinguishes Left vs Right in our country is no longer the issue of how much government involvement there ought to be (the party of More Government vs the party of Less Government), nor how much taxation there ought to be (the party of High Taxes vs the party of Low Taxes). While those issues still exist, they have shifted to the back of people's minds, both on the Left and on the Right. What has become the critical issue is now Globalism vs Localism.

Trump sees this, and "America First" was deliberately chosen as a slogan precisely because of this issue. This is what is driving his immigration agenda, his tariff agenda, etc. Whatever else people may want to say about his stance on other issues, THE most pressing issue is that of the intergraty of our nation, our people, our culture, our laws, our economy, our way of life, etc, and preserving all of that and preventing it from being destroyed the the Leftist Globalists.

It is no longer the 1980s. What were vital and pressing issues then are not vital and pressing issue now, and we need to tackle what truly matters in the here and now. Many on the Right still have an 80s mindset when it comes to what the Republican Party should be about, and are failing to see the bigger picture right in front of them, and I believe that that plays a huge role in their continued rejection of Trump.
well said

i think another reason PT is being rejected is he doesn't play games - he sees things that need doing and gets them done - many politicians on both sides are careerists - they are all talk and no action

i had a crazy encounter at one of my first jobs after university - i was a fast worker and didn't realize i was doing more than the rest of my co-workers

one day one guy told me to slow down because i was making everyone look bad

i didn't know what to say or do about that - i was in my own department and didn't see how that affected anyone else's department so i just ignored the guy

a few weeks later the guy warned me for the 2nd time to slow down or he would put sugar in my gas tank

i prayed over my car and continued doing what was right - giving my best shot at everything i did

imo this also is the mentality of too many career politicians - originally they knew Trump would not play the political game - now they simply hate how much PT has accomplished in such a short time

praying for PT to be blessed with God's health prosperity favor wisdom strength energy protection vindication in Jesus' wonderful name

Reactions: Knee V
Upvote 0

Stringfellow_Hawke

Jul 4, 2018
West Virginia
✟37,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If I'm straying from a particular topic here, forgive me, but I'm actually a registered Independent. I vote Republican almost every time though.

Here in WV for senate we have Manchin and Morrisey. I'm hoping Morrisey will take the seat.
I'm worried about a "blue wave" happening in my state because of the teacher strikes which were nothing more than a union ploy.

Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I'm straying from a particular topic here, forgive me, but I'm actually a registered Independent. I vote Republican almost every time though.

Here in WV for senate we have Manchin and Morrisey. I'm hoping Morrisey will take the seat.
I'm worried about a "blue wave" happening in my state because of the teacher strikes which were nothing more than a union ploy.
I have my doubts about a Blue Wave crashing over WV. While the state has often voted Democratic, it does not have a Far Left, Progressive base like New York or California have, or at least not to the same extent. Senators like Manchin, or Donnely in my own state of Indiana, don't get elected because they market themselves as Pelosi types; they have to come across as Blue Dog Democrats, or something close to that.

The "Blue Wave" is a Far Left movement, and I don't think that WV fits that bill.

Or I'm entirely wrong, which happens a lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In fact, I predict that we'll be seeing Manchin and/or Donnely in the 2020 Democratic primaries. I don't think that Trump is beatable in 2020, but if a Democrat is going to win, only that type of Democrat stands a chance.

Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
9BCAC066-C14C-4041-A6C8-6BE32B63DF00.jpeg
Can I put this here? On mobile and having trouble finding memes thread.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Greetings everyone. I just needed a break from the brutal war raging on my thread "Why is 'MAGA' offensive? It is turning into an absolute Zoo in there. So many people triggered because I asked them to explain why MAGA is offensive today but it wasn't offensive in 1980 with Regan?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,190.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Greetings everyone. I just needed a break from the brutal war raging on my thread "Why is 'MAGA' offensive? It is turning into an absolute Zoo in there. So many people triggered because I asked them to explain why MAGA is offensive today but it wasn't offensive in 1980 with Regan?

It's frustrating. I'm not personally a fan of the "MAGA caucus" within the GOP (as I tend to call them), but what gets my goat is the way that progressives have weaponized language in an all-out assault on the American consciousness. They're actively trying to rewire our psyches by hijacking the concepts of racism, sexism, homophobia, etc and arbitrarily assigning them to traditional, conservative ideas and language in an effort to bury them.

So in effect, things that have historically been benign are suddenly malignant according to progressives—though they'll argue that they always were and society's just reached a point where something can now be done about it. That's bunk. It's one of the cheapest and most dishonest political tactics I've ever seen because there's really no countermeasure, and they know it. They can capriciously declare anything to be racist or transphobic or sexist or whatever and there's really no response other than to go on the defensive.

But I digress.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Residential Bob

Dec 24, 2018
Ormond Beach
✟18,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wish the Republican Party was as vigilant in investigations into the Democratic party....as the democratic party is of the Republican President, or his choices.
Leave the Democrats to their wild goose chases. Republicans have higher pursuits.

• Agree
Reactions: Gnarwhal
Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I wish the Republican Party was as vigilant in investigations into the Democratic party....as the democratic party is of the Republican President, or his choices.
Usually their investigations were carried out by Trey Gowdy, whose job it was to put on a good show and act like Mr. Tough Guy but in the end nothing ever happens and everything gets swept under the rug.

The GOP isn't in it to win it. They've thrown every major struggle their base has ever voted for. The idea of the uni-party used to sound like nonsense. But it's tough to deny these days.

Upvote 0

Copperhead

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2013
✟208,325.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I haven't been able to vote for a Democrat, from Dog Catcher to President, since 1974. Lot's of history why. I generally have voted GOP but these guys evidence that they are a Machiavellian as anyone else. I have been especially ticked off at my senior senator from Iowa, Chuck Grassley.

He fights tooth an nail to get charge of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and then wimps out during the Kavanaugh hearings. If he had any sand, he would have just shut the hearings down from further discussion and moved right to a vote. Everybody had it already set in their mind how they would vote. No use to put Kavanaugh thru the wringer like they did.

And that is my one major beef with the GOP. No guts. But when one does show up, the hierarchy goes out of its way to stifle the person.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Andrew Yang's Forward Party
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My interest and viewpoint is Blue Collar because that is what I am and have been for decades, and therefore I support Donald Trump and the Republican Party, and... some Democrats too (confused ones).

I have a very simple version of what has been going on over the last 3 decades including the 2016 election.

The Democratic Party
Many very rich bankers & company owners teamed with the Middle Class to take money from the Blue Collar class, and both gained wealth by doing it.

Global competition has been allowed to displace US manufacturing and factory worker incomes, but never Middle Class incomes.

The Democratic Party favors immigration because it will lower wage costs (rob the Blue collar class) while saving the Middle Class money (lower cost manufactured items), while having the opposite effect on the Middle Class, increased numbers will increase the demand for health clinics and doctors and schools and counselors etc. .

Notice how you can get any low to mid cost manufactured item from East Asia and give nothing to a US blue collar worker, but I can't go anywhere in the state to get a medical appointment lasting 2 minutes for under 80 dollars (that was including a low income sliding scale). For 2 minutes of a middle class person's time I pay a whole day's wages. And the soonest appointment for a low price appointment was 5 weeks in the future.

I haven't noticed any low cost Mexican or Cuban or any other clinic in the area. And I'm 5% above the income for medicaid and I'd like to buy my medication from India. I don't care about the quality because without it I'll die anyway, but no, I have to pay full price from a pharmacist. The schools in this town are a waste of time and are paid 15,000 per pupil per year. Most teachers are there because their skills are worth nothing on the open market, I know, I was one once, but then I worked in factories and now a cash register.

Competition only damages the blue collar workers and enriches the Middle Class.

By 'Middle class' I particularly mean sundry overpaid managers administrators and bureaucrats, not scientists or inventors who may be in the same income range but actually actually do something useful.

Damaging the production workers and with it the nation's economy, is far right wing, taking money from the poor and giving it to the rich and is Democratic Party (Hillary called the TPP the 'gold standard' of trade treaties, permitting an unrestricted flood of cheap imports), and being fair is Republican.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Kind Democrats

When NAFTA made moving companies to Mexico easy, a number of manufacturing sites such as the Caterpillar (diesel) engine assembly plant and car assembly plants moved. A lot of 50,000 a year jobs were lost and at that point the Democrats made it clear they were humane and in favor of food stamps and extending unemployment cover too.

It was the Democrat Bill Clinton who signed NAFTA into being, and seeing things from the blue collar perspective as I do, to me it looked like they took our livelihood and replaced it with a third the amount we had before, in benefits to keep us alive.

Overall for the country Caterpillar got more net income and the nation paid out more in benefits. The investors got richer, government got bigger, the working class got poorer and both the National Debt and the Current Account went further into debt.

What a splendid idea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Raising the minimum wage

I spent two years with a 15,000 a year income and then pay was put up 1 dollar an hour and my hours increased so I was on 18,000 a year.

Therefore I lost my medicaid and was worse off.

What if they'd been even kinder and given a 40,000 a year UBI as some Democrats are planning.

A guy from hi tech I was speaking with last night said the benefits their company provided cost well over 60,000 a year per employee according to figures released by the company. That's not per person but an average including wives and children as well, and not just health insurance but pensions and life insurance. It still sounds a bit high to me.

So two parents on UBI would get 80,000 a year and that would cover medical costs and benefits and leave under 20,000 a year just to play with and provide food, a house, and pay utilities and taxes.

They will still be poor but at least the medical people will be rich.

Upvote 0

MorkandMindy

Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
New Mexico
✟242,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Maybe someone can help me, I dare not post this out in the main forum.

A couple of years back a politician broke security rules and was not prosecuted because it could not be proven beyond doubt whether the breach was accidental or deliberate.

IIRC James Comey said it was "extremely careless" and that she is not competent to hold high office. If it could be proven beyond all doubt that it had been deliberate then of course then she would go on trial.

This conclusion appears to have been ignored, perhaps it was too late to get another candidate, and she went on and ran for high office anyway.

I was wondering if this rule also applies to other people, if breaches of the nation's security matter, as long as it can not be proven beyond doubt that they were deliberate, have to be ignored.

Or that if for example someone went through a red light and crashed into a police car, that if it could not be proven it was accidental and they not competent to drive, or deliberate and they should go on trial, that because it couldn't be proven either way, the driver would not be prosecuted.

Or am I missing something (or a lot)?

Upvote 0

Alien Lotus

Jul 8, 2019
Mid-Atlantic USA
✟5,721.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution