California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Members who chose to participate in this safe house should identify with the Political party of this safe house. Fellowship posts from all members are welcome.

Safe House Guidelines

• The safe houses are for the purpose of enabling a group of members who are like-minded to have a thread to discuss current political topics as well as fellowship together.

• The safe house is for discussion and not for debate. Debate is defined as: "Engaging in argument by discussing opposing points."

• If a topic turns into a debate then staff will split the debate off into a new thread.

• Discussion of Politicians of all parties is allowed. Politics Forum Guidelines must be followed when discussing non-members.

• Flaming groups of members on CF is not allowed in the safe house.

• Referring to other members or groups of members as RINO's is not allowed.

• No posting of links or quotes from other threads on CF.

• No discussion or references to specific members on CF for the purpose of flaming or ridiculing that member.

Last edited:

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Welcome-03-june.gif

It's a brand new day. :)

Good to see you xMinionX :wave:

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
From the OP:

"While all members are allowed to post in this thread, we would ask members to please honor the intentions of this safe house and not make posts that debate the opposing view of the majority of the members who post here."

That is no good because it allows a handful of dedicated gatekeepers to define the velvet ropes. If it's for Republicans then it's for Republicans, period. This is what I've been pointing out all along...it's not about politics and this proves it because if the "majority" agree chocolate covered peas are the best thing in the world then any Republican that does not agree will have posts reported. If this is not the proper place to discuss this then would Staff kindly point to the forum?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
From the OP:

"While all members are allowed to post in this thread, we would ask members to please honor the intentions of this safe house and not make posts that debate the opposing view of the majority of the members who post here."

That is no good because it allows a handful of dedicated gatekeepers to define the velvet ropes. If it's for Republicans then it's for Republicans, period. This is what I've been pointing out all along...it's not about politics and this proves it because if the "majority" agree chocolate covered peas are the best thing in the world then any Republican that does not agree will have posts reported. If this is not the proper place to discuss this then would Staff kindly point to the forum?
Yo, RealDeal, how's it going? I have to ask a question which I hope will not offend you, but are paint fumes still an issue for professional painters? I mean can the fumes still cause problems or was that fixed when they took the lead out?

Upvote 0

DieHappy

and I am A W E S O M E !!
Jul 31, 2005
✟26,607.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's volatile organic compounds and paint makers are struggling to get a paint without them that still spreads. I don't fully understand it.

Who's got a truck to bring over all the couches before the old house gets knocked down?

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I brought up (what I think) was a very legit point and right out of the gate the jabs get going.

What makes my question any less legitimate than yours? Because it is about you? Well, you're question refers to everyone on this thread but you and your bud so what's the difference?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sojourner1

Following my Shepherd
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2004
California
✟498,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the OP:

Since we already discussed this for a week in the proposed safe house guidelines thread I don't want this discussion continued in this thread. I have requested that a Society Staff Discussion forum be created so that questions that members have in regards to any of the forums in Society can be made in that forum. Staff will discuss these issues with the members in that forum only. Once that forum is created you can post this question there.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yo, RealDeal, how's it going? I have to ask a question which I hope will not offend you, but are paint fumes still an issue for professional painters? I mean can the fumes still cause problems or was that fixed when they took the lead out?

Hmmm...why would I be offended? Lead is only one toxin among thousands. It stands out the most because it has more of a direct effect, thus lawyers found a cash cow so it gets talked about more than others. I got sick as heck last week while spraying on an oil primer and it was such a small job I didn't think I needed to wear the big bucks type of respirator...I was really wrong. But on any given day pro painters are exposed to anywhere from 50-100 different types of toxins. A lot of them get you high and this is a major contributor to why painters drink a lot or do drugs...there is a natural physiological drive to maintain the high.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What makes my question any less legitimate than yours? Because it is about you? Well, you're question refers to everyone on this thread but you and your bud so what's the difference?

My question was not and is not limited to anyone here as it pertains to a Republican thread that should be inviting to ALL Republicans. Trying to reduce it to a handful of people is...troubling. The site is here for everyone, not just who gets personal approval from some members.

Upvote 0

Ginny

I like to whisper, too!
Feb 22, 2005
here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Irregardless, my question still stands. But as to your explanation for your question, the only problem tends to lie with you and another. This site here is for everyone, but each thread/forum within is unique. Either way, I believe Sojourner answered your question most excellent in post 16.

Since we already discussed this for a week in the proposed safe house guidelines thread I don't want this discussion continued in this thread.

Upvote 0

RealDealNeverstop

Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Since we already discussed this for a week in the proposed safe house guidelines thread I don't want this discussion continued in this thread. I have requested that a Society Staff Discussion forum be created so that questions that members have in regards to any of the forums in Society can be made in that forum. Staff will discuss these issues with the members in that forum only. Once that forum is created you can post this question there.

Can a link be posted here when it's up?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.