here
✟18,148.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I said it was Christians but the reponse was 'That couldnt be any farther from the truth.'

ETA: aw, crap..it's me on another subject. Sorry, I was wrong, RDNS. Same argument, different page.

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Caught Between Barack and a Hard Place
Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What difference? You claim they are intolerant and you admit that you are intolerant. Looks like no difference.
The difference is that they claim tolerance while being intolerant. Hope that clears it up for you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
985-Thanks for quoting the post so the false witness could be seen. In 966 you state it was claimed the NT is steeped in bigotry. Dont insult our intelligence by trying to hide behind the rhetorical question marks as they werent seeking clarification but wondering how a Christian could say that about the NT. Since i didnt say the NT is steeped in bigotry you need to retract the false statement because it is a lie. What i did say is how some PERCEIVE the NT. It's clear this was an attempt to smear me with a flat out bogus claim. There was no implication at all, especially since i always state Jesus preached equality for all of us.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I need to look up that rule but will need help. I remember when I used to mod it was there....People could get "warned" based on misquoting people. If it is no longer there I apologize.
No problem Ginny.

One could say that what you said about the rule is not honest, or one could simply say it was a mistake. I choose to use the latter in this casE.
There is my point. I could have misquoted Mach, or a number of other people out of an honest mistake. Some are not afforded mistakes and they are called dishonest. Apparently that is what is happening to me right now.

Upvote 0

oldbetang

Senior Veteran
Jul 21, 2005
✟24,987.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
985-Thanks for quoting the post so the false witness could be seen. In 966 you state it was claimed the NT is steeped in bigotry. Dont insult our intelligence by trying to hide behind the rhetorical question marks as they werent seeking clarification but wondering how a Christian could say that about the NT. Since i didnt say the NT is steeped in bigotry you need to retract the false statement because it is a lie. What i did say is how some PERCEIVE the NT. It's clear this was an attempt to smear me with a flat out bogus claim. There was no implication at all, especially since i always state Jesus preached equality for all of us.

Are the New Testament admonishments against sins based on bigotry or are they not? You've certainly implied that they are. Are you now going to retract your statement that biblical arguments against homosexuality are based on bigotry?

Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No problem Ginny.

One could say that what you said about the rule is not honest, or one could simply say it was a mistake. I choose to use the latter in this casE.
There is my point. I could have misquoted Mach, or a number of other people out of an honest mistake. Some are not afforded mistakes and they are called dishonest. Apparently that is what is happening to me right now.
And of course I'm speaking of a purposeful misquote which regardless of the rules would be dishonest. If that was you, and I believe it was, your claim to always be honest would only reflect on your dishonesty. If it was indeed you that is

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
And of course I'm speaking of a purposeful misquote which regardless of the rules would be dishonest. If that was you, and I believe it was, your claim to always be honest would only reflect on your dishonesty. If it was indeed you that is
All this attention just to prove I am dishonest. I am touched :wave:

We both have admitted our mistakes in the past Mach.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RealDealNeverstop

Is Prayer Your First or Last Action?
Sep 15, 2007
✟36,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How many times do i have to correct the same thing? I never said the NT admonishments on sin are based on bigotry. Looks like this is simply an attempt to keep hijacking what i said in order to justify the sin of false witness. My post was clear and I dont have anything else to say about it here. If peeps want to make false accusations that be between them and God. :)

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

MachZer0

Mar 9, 2005
✟86,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All this attention just to prove I am dishonest. I am touched :wave:

We both have admitted our mistakes in the past Mach.
Well, let's take a look at it. Here is a post in an exchange between you and me
JustOneWay said:
Gore never claimed that he invented the internet.
He did, however, suggest that if not for him, we wouldn't have the Internet. And one gets the impression that he believes without him, the planet cannot be saved. Has there ever been a greater American? :D
Here is the way you edited my post
MachZer0 said:
And of course I didn't say it, but nice strawman
JustOneWay said:
Gore never claimed that he invented the internet.
MachZer0 said:
He did of course originally being part of my full statement

He did, however, suggest that if not for him, we wouldn't have the Internet.
And of course my complaint about your selevtive dishonest editing resulted in this comment from you
JustOneWay said:
Just the old pot calling the kettle black.
So, it is here in black and white for all to see whether or not you are always honest.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Here is the way you edited my postHe did of course originally being part of my full statement

And of course my complaint about your selevtive dishonest editing resulted in this comment from youSo, it is here in black and white for all to see whether or not you are always honest.
^_^^_^
I misread your post and posted a reply incorrectly

A mistake, an honest mistake

Why do I feel so safe in the safehouse ^_^^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Here is the way you edited my postHe did of course originally being part of my full statement

And of course my complaint about your selevtive dishonest editing resulted in this comment from youSo, it is here in black and white for all to see whether or not you are always honest.
Looks like somebody couldn't take a joke

^_^^_^^_^

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.