Yahoo Free Mail now at 1 GB of storage!!!

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
My gmail storage: You are currently using 75 MB (4%) of your 2158 MB.

And it's still rising ;)

I use both, but gmail is my primary email now. Yahoo I use when I have to sign up for something on a website and fully expect to be spammed as a result. Gmail has so many more features than Yahoo.

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
Gardnjam said:
Gmail storage is now over 2 gig, how far can they go?

God Bless
Much larger if they are doing it right and my guess is they are. 'Doing it right?' Well chances are that many people have files associated with their account that others have in their account as well; meaning many duplicate files on the system used by multiple users. As many of the storage services have done in the past is to only have one saved file that everyone accesses. In other words instead of having 1000 people each having their own copy of say pngplt_1.exe there is only one instance of the program on the server that 1000 people can access which is associated with their account. So few or none ever really use 2+gigs in total with their account.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rochir

By Grabthar's hammer ... YES.WEEK.END!
Sep 27, 2004
In your lap
Visit site
✟31,151.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
jdw4jesus said:
I got my Yahoo account 3 years ago and it was only 2MB!!! How times have changed

I know when I started using Yahoo 6 years ago, the mailbox size was at 6MB. Then it went down to 4MB, and then even 2MB?

Upvote 0

MusicalProgrammer

a.k.a. "Dead Bird Guy"
Oct 10, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
Visit site
✟22,118.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyone else notice that Yahoo's spamcatchers aren't filtering as well these days? I know a lot of it has to do with the fact that the people sending it off are finding creative ways to get around it, but Thunderbird's built-in filter seems to be doing pretty well...

Upvote 0

rgbivens

Wherever He leads I'll go
Jan 7, 2004
Oklahoma
✟4,302.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why would you ever need that much storage for emails???

I mean, I have 200 Gigs of space for my email but I don't even use 1 MB cause I use Mozillia Mail and download my email. I delete most of the stuff I don't need in the future and keep the stuff I will...all stored neatly in specific folders.

If your wondering how I have 200 gigs of space its because I have my own domain and hosting and I have my inbox set to unlimited ;) :p :p

-Grant

Upvote 0

Psalms34

◄♫♪♫ תהלים ♫♪♫►
Nov 20, 2004
Southern Calif
✟22,982.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Constitution
rgbivens said:
If your wondering how I have 200 gigs of space its because I have my own domain and hosting and I have my inbox set to unlimited ;) :p :p

-Grant

Yep, I still say that's the best way to go.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

doofus125

Goodbye
Aug 31, 2003
✟3,627.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Rochir said:
I know when I started using Yahoo 6 years ago, the mailbox size was at 6MB. Then it went down to 4MB, and then even 2MB?

Mine never dropped from the 6mb, I've had that account for 7+ years now, I think I was in high school when I created the account. When they dropped their free pop service I did upgrade to the pay pop service for 29.99 a year, maybe that's why it didn't change, but like a year after that I upgraded again to get the 25mb mailbox and pop access for 19.99 a year and that has since automatically risen to 2 gb. I hope they give those who are paying a few more features since they probably aren't going to raise the mailbox size and I doubt they will drop the price. And before anyone says it, I'm not changing e-mail addresses and I need the pop access.

Upvote 0