• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

x.x It must run in the family...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2003
Not there yet
✟15,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
So not only do I struggle with SI.. my younger sister does also, and she doesn't know I SI. Today has been so depressing. My hormones are screwed up, because of some medicine the docs prescribed and I forgot to take it for like 4 days and then my hormones done something weird on me. So everything make me cry just about it. Does any of the other girls' period make SIing worse? It's dreadful.

Here lately I have seen no purpose to life. No one is a true person, and I always am constantly just wanting to cry and cry and cry. Then fade away, but no one cares if you fade or not. I don't see how anyone can possibly care.

My sister got sent to the office today at school, because she cut her arm. A SQAURE!!! You can't lie about that one..... And she got blood on her jacket, and htis girl saw it and told this lady in the office. So the guidance counsellour and the principal had a talk with her and apparently 2 other girls in her class are doing it also. I use to think cutting wasn't very common, but it is quite common. People just don't address it. They need help. Just like everyone else does. The principal is going to call my mother about my sister's ordeal, but no one was home when he called the first time. My sister deleted the number off the caller ID. I'm not going to say a word to anyone about it, but kids at school are talking about it. And someone came up to me and asked me if it was true my sister tried to kill herself by cutting her arm.

I can't take the pressure I don't think. This girl is always running her mouth about my little brother, who is hearing impaired. Everyone has alwyas been mean and made fun of him for it. And so now my brother is mean back. And this girl says **** to me everyday. My chemistry teacher just smarts off to me all the time, and today I smarted off back. I normally don't. But after i gave him this look I just hid my head and i cried.

Crying over the dumbest thing in the world. Crying over things that is nothing to cry over. I feel like a big moron. I went 5 weeks and right before I hit 6 week mark I just couldn't go on anymore. So, it's a week again. I just want to kneel down and pray and cry out to God, and beg for him to come and either take me or take away the pain, and make it better.

But the others wont even try to be nice about it. I'm afraid I'll go out of it tomorrow.

ok.. venting that made it a bit better.

~Warrior

Soulwings

A true original.
Apr 7, 2003
Northeastern USA.
✟25,389.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
:hug:
How're things going now? hopefully at least a little better; that's a lot of stress to take. Have you talked to your sister about SIing yet? because maybe if she knows that you do it, you'll be able to support each other and perhaps get better.
Yes, sometimes at certain times of the month (before or after my period generally) things get worse. *hug* So I can empathise.
If you want to talk... I'm here, always and anytime.

Upvote 0

luvnpeas

Aug 28, 2005
at home
✟7,667.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I wonder...can you talk to your sister about it? I dunno, I just think you could both lean on each other and offer support and stuff. I would've loved someone in my family to just be there when I needed to talk about SI. I love that you are willing to vent here! Bless you, sweetie you're in my thoughts.

Upvote 0

ChasingADream

Contributor
Sep 7, 2005
Niagara Falls, Ontario
✟22,349.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
warrior4_yahuwshua said:
So not only do I struggle with SI.. my younger sister does also, and she doesn't know I SI. Today has been so depressing. My hormones are screwed up, because of some medicine the docs prescribed and I forgot to take it for like 4 days and then my hormones done something weird on me. So everything make me cry just about it. Does any of the other girls' period make SIing worse? It's dreadful.

Here lately I have seen no purpose to life. No one is a true person, and I always am constantly just wanting to cry and cry and cry. Then fade away, but no one cares if you fade or not. I don't see how anyone can possibly care.

My sister got sent to the office today at school, because she cut her arm. A SQAURE!!! You can't lie about that one..... And she got blood on her jacket, and htis girl saw it and told this lady in the office. So the guidance counsellour and the principal had a talk with her and apparently 2 other girls in her class are doing it also. I use to think cutting wasn't very common, but it is quite common. People just don't address it. They need help. Just like everyone else does. The principal is going to call my mother about my sister's ordeal, but no one was home when he called the first time. My sister deleted the number off the caller ID. I'm not going to say a word to anyone about it, but kids at school are talking about it. And someone came up to me and asked me if it was true my sister tried to kill herself by cutting her arm.

I can't take the pressure I don't think. This girl is always running her mouth about my little brother, who is hearing impaired. Everyone has alwyas been mean and made fun of him for it. And so now my brother is mean back. And this girl says **** to me everyday. My chemistry teacher just smarts off to me all the time, and today I smarted off back. I normally don't. But after i gave him this look I just hid my head and i cried.

Crying over the dumbest thing in the world. Crying over things that is nothing to cry over. I feel like a big moron. I went 5 weeks and right before I hit 6 week mark I just couldn't go on anymore. So, it's a week again. I just want to kneel down and pray and cry out to God, and beg for him to come and either take me or take away the pain, and make it better.

But the others wont even try to be nice about it. I'm afraid I'll go out of it tomorrow.

ok.. venting that made it a bit better.

~Warrior

I had the exact same problem in high school only it wasn't with my sister (I don't have one) it was with me. The whole "principle calling" thing too, and I deleted the message like your sis did. It is worse at certain times in your cycle because your hormones are up and down and that has massive effects on your mood. I know it seems like no matter what anyone says and no matter how hard they try to cheer you up, you just don't feel any better. I don't see the point in my life right now either. I started SI when I was 17, stopped around 20 then just started up again this summer (I'm 22 now). It scares the crap out of me that I'm getting all these horrible thoughts again. I am new to CF and so I'm hoping that talking to people on here that have similar problems will help. Hopefully it will help you too. At least we know we are not alone. We both need to have faith that the Lord has bigger and better plans for our lives and we just haven't discovered it yet. If you ever wanna talk just PM me ok?
:groupray:

Upvote 0
Nov 18, 2003
Not there yet
✟15,176.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Me and my sister has spoke on it some. She is doing better now. I havn't cut since she got cut. a bit precatious. It's easier to go without cutting if I don't keep up with the time. I think i'm about to break again, but i'm going to keep on enduring best i can.

Thanks for prayers. Love you guys. JESUS LOVES US!! And i'm praying for you all.

Warrior

Upvote 0

eastside9008

Dec 16, 2004
Liberty Township, Ohio
✟15,518.00
Faith
Methodist
being able to have someone close to you, like your sister is one of the best things you can have. just talking about it helps. whatever you do dont stop praying and dont loose your faith in God. Open up your heart and confess your sins to Him. He will always listen no matter what. He will always be there for you. Heres some verses that really helped me out during the rough times:John 15:18-27

~Albin

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.