You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Beau watched the movie for a few minutes, then watched Emiko. She was very pretty, he noticed, and even if her English wasn't perfect....

An idea struck him, and he leaned over. "If you, uh, need help with translations or anything....I mean, I don't speak Japanese or anything, but still...." He blushed, feeling incredibly stupid and wishing his power was time manipulation so he could take back what he'd just said.

Upvote 0

GradualMetamorphosis

Nov 25, 2007
my own world
✟4,564.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
"I can understand pretty well," Emiko said, smiling. Her cheeks were a light pink as well; she seemed to blush nearly every time she spoke. "But thank you..." she said, then suddenly realized she didn't even know his name. "Um... you know my name is Emiko, but ... I don't know your name," she whispered, trying to stay as quiet as possible so she wouldn't upset the other students.

Upvote 0

GradualMetamorphosis

Nov 25, 2007
my own world
✟4,564.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
"Both sometimes," Emiko said, having a little trouble, "but my family says 'Emi'." She was quiet all of a sudden and stared off at the tv with a sad look on her face. She hadn't talked about her family since her parents were killed and she hoped he wouldn't ask any questions.

Upvote 0

truthworship

First-Strike Recon Scout in the RPG Republic
Jul 6, 2005
Ada, OK
✟9,770.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Stella frowned at the thought of her brother. "We are not speaking." she answered sadly. "He is at home."

"Oh," Naricia said finding hard to keep the sound of dissappointment from her voice. "I hope that it isn't anything too bad."

"Me and dad aren't really on speaking terms right now either," she said as she looked down at her plate. "We had a horrible fight about me being sent here. I didn't want to leave my friends back home. Dad wanted me far away from Japan, after mom...was...killed," she was hardly able to choke out the words. Darkness overtook her thoughts.

"But then I found you here, so I guess it isn't too bad to be so far from home," A tear trickled down her cheek and accross the small sad smile that she used to try and keep the flood of tears at bay.

Upvote 0

GradualMetamorphosis

Nov 25, 2007
my own world
✟4,564.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
((I dunno either.))

Kenji eventually realized that Emiko had gone inside. He closed his book and headed inside as well, but as soon as he opened the door his cell phone rang. He stepped inside and shut the door, then slowly pulled the cell out of his pocket. The only person who ever called him was the family lawyer, someone they referred to as 'Mr Gardner'. He flipped open the phone and forced himself to say, "hello?"

"Good afternoon, Kenji, how are you?" Mr Gardner's clear voice answered him, so polite it sickened Kenji.

"Fine," he answered shortly as he walked down the hall toward his room, "what do you want?"

"How is your sister...err...adjusting to the school?" Mr Gardner ventured.

"We've only been here a few hours," Kenji said bluntly, but proceeded to answer his question, "she may have made a friend... I'm not sure how that happened."

"Oh, and where is she now?" the lawyer asked, and the question made Kenji roll his eyes ever so slightly.

"I don't know," he said, sounding exasperated and pausing in the hall, "I'm just getting ready for my English class Monday."

"So you're already reading the book the teacher is going to assign Monday?" the man asked him.

"Yeah," Kenji replied, weary from the man's relentless questioning.

"I know you don't want to be there, Kenji," the man said, his voice lowered slightly, "but it's the best thing for both you and your sister. You know I had a hard enough time convincing the court that you killed those men in self-defense..."

"Yes, I do know that," Kenji said sharply, and abruptly flipped the cell shut. He continued walking and eventually came to the room Beau and Emi were in. He vaguely recognized the movie and slipped inside, sitting down almost silently on a couch.

Emi didn't even notice her brother, she was paying so much attention to the movie.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Redstiletto

It's just me, always has been, always will be.
Mar 31, 2005
✟68,512.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Stella could sense the sadness in Naricia, and she frowned. "I am sure Thor will get over himself and show up here someday." she tried to comfort her. Stella didn't know what to say to make it better, she never really knew what to say, that was part of her condition, she couldn't formulate a conversation like everyone else. "And besides, it's a lot quieter without him around." Stella winked.

Upvote 0

GradualMetamorphosis

Nov 25, 2007
my own world
✟4,564.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
((I dunno what to post either. :( I was hoping one of the other guys ... like Steven or someone ... could've overheard Kenji's convo ... or something, I dunno. :doh: You could get Beau to react to Kenji coming in ... it would be kinda awkward after what happened in the cafeteria.... ))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
((All right, we need to get this thing moving again! Unless anyone has any objections, I'm going to skip ahead to when classes start. If anyone wants to play a teacher, get their bios up and send them to me for approval. I'll do the same, and then we can get this show on the road. :)))

Upvote 0

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
((I could do the "specialized" instructor....Once everyone who wants to play a teacher submits their character (it can be as sparsely bio-ed as you want) I'll put a list of all the teachers and what class(es) they teach in the OOC.))

Upvote 0