X-Men: House of M

HeavenSoldier

Jul 5, 2006
some random location
✟15,228.00
Faith
Christian
((When I choose the name Steven, I didn't realize someone else in here had the name Stephen. My bad.:sorry: ))
Steven sighed, realizing that sitting here wasn't exactly going to be productive. He readied himself to leave, and then realized that he still had no clue as to where his room was. He remembered that one of the people around him was clairvoyant, so he decided to try and get information out of him.
Reaching into his pocket, Steven found a scap piece of paper and a pencil. He wrote on the paper, 'Somebody ask the clairvoyant where my room is. Steven.'
He then slid his note towards the middle of the table, realizing he was already focusing his thoughts on Masaki by writing that note.
((If someone doesn't have a roommate yet, feel free to steer me towards them. If not, just give me a random room number, as I'm too lazy to think one up myself.))

Upvote 0

Lessien

It's what I do that defines me
Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Masaki scooted farther away from Steven, and Alicia picked up the note. Scanning it, she frowned, then handed it to Masaki.

"Oh. Your room's number....217. I'd suggest you wait a few minutes 'fore going up those stairs, though, 'cuz there's a grumpy pyrokinetic who won't be out of the way until....well, in about ten minutes or so." Realizing what he sounded like, he turned to Alicia and laughed. "I sound like a weatherman!"

Upvote 0

GradualMetamorphosis

Nov 25, 2007
my own world
✟4,564.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
"I guess so..." Emiko said, sounding a bit unsure. She hadn't met Magneto yet, and was nervous about meeting the person she had seen all over the news. He seemed intimidating and strict, and she wasn't sure he was going to like her.

"Don't tell my brother..." she mumbled. She hoped that Magneto wouldn't tell her brother either; if he found out who had messed with her, there was no telling what he might do.

Upvote 0
R

rockerchic

Stephen walked out of the bathroom and into the hallway, feeling fully rejuvinated. Then he realized that he had left his back pack in the caffeteria. So he turned back and headed into the lunch room. He walked over to the empty table scooped his lonely bag and headed out into the lounge. There where a few teens just hanging out on the couches,doing homework, or fooling around. Stephen grabbed the romote from the coffee table and flipped on the Television. Skanned through the channels for a moment then found what he was looking for. A news broadcast. It was a political debate on mutant rights. On one side, Dr. Hank McCoy spoke on the unity of all kinds, and on the other, Senator Carter argued on the safty of the normal. Stephen stared blankly at the screen, more interested than he appeared.

"Hey man, turn that off. Its like totally depressing." One of the other students barked out.

"You don't like, than leave. " Phantom said back in a threatning manner. Then continued to watch.

Upvote 0

GradualMetamorphosis

Nov 25, 2007
my own world
✟4,564.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Emiko said "thank you" quietly, then went and threw the rest of her food away. She wondered if Magneto had an office; maybe he would be there. But she let her shyness get the worst of her and kept quiet.

((You'll have to lead her from there since she arrived just before lunch.))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GradualMetamorphosis

Nov 25, 2007
my own world
✟4,564.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Kenji was back in his room, stretched out on his bed with a book: Plato's Republic. He hoped that this school wouldn't be as boring as all the other ones he'd attended. Retaining information was so incredibly easy for him that he'd developed a very 'detached' attitude. The only person he was close to was his sister, and even she didn't really understand him. He always seemed to have his mind on something else, even when he was answering a question in the classroom; and he often was caught staring off into the distance.

His suitcases were sitting, unpacked, by the door of his room which was standing open. Unlike his sister, he didn't do things until he absolutely had to. Besides, he'd much rather read his books. His backpack was sitting by his bed, full of books he'd borrowed from a nearby library on his way to the school. He only purchased books that his sister would be interested in; after all, once he read the books, the information would be in his head for the rest of his life, so he had no reason to keep them.

Upvote 0

Lessien

Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
((Well, I was thinking that maybe Stephen didn't tell him...y'know, since it's a weakness....anywho...))

Beau knocked on the tall wooden door and was granted permission to enter. He did, Emiko in tow, and stood in front of Magneto's large metal desk.

"Is there something you need?"

"Uh, yeah," Beau said. "Um....what students here can possess people?"

Magneto raised an eyebrow. "The only one I know of is Stephen....what happened, exactly?"

Beau turned to Emiko. "Uh, go ahead."

Upvote 0

GradualMetamorphosis

Nov 25, 2007
my own world
✟4,564.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
((I hope you don't mind me controlling Magneto momentarily..he's just not met Emiko yet.))

Emiko turned a bright red, staring at Magneto with a nervous look on her face. "U-um..." she stuttered, then stopped suddenly and looked away.

"What's your name?" Magneto asked her.

"Mi-" she started to say, then remembered that Americans said their given name first instead of their surname and she quickly corrected herself. "Emiko Miyazaki..." she said quietly, staring at him with big eyes.

"It's very nice to meet you, Emiko..." Magneto said, smiling kindly at her. "You have a brother, right? I believe his name is Kenji?" he said, still smiling warmly at the shy girl.

"Yes..." she said quietly, mildly surprised that he could not only remember her brother's name, but also knew how to pronounce it.

"Emiko, can you tell me what happened? Did Stephen do something to you?" he asked patiently, knowing the girl must be painfully shy.

"I-I don't know Stephen.." she said quietly. She hesitated a moment, then continued, "I left the cafeteria after someone touched me from behind .. I did not see their face."

Emiko stopped and bit her lip softly, struggling to remember the right verb tenses to use. She wasn't nearly as fluent in English as her brother was. Once she had figured out how to say what she was thinking, she said quickly, "I left the cafeteria and couldn't stop walking ... I didn't want to walk there but I did ... then it stopped and I was tired..." She waited, hoping Magneto could provide some kind of an explanation.

Upvote 0

Lessien

Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Magneto hesitated a moment. "Stephen's powers, as you might have guessed, involved possession of others. The downside to this is that he draws his energy from this possession. If he goes for long periods without possessing another, he will weaken and eventually die." He looked from Beau to Emiko and back again. "I will see if there's some....alternative to possessing other students, or if he could seek their permission first. But I'm sorry it had to happen this way. I'm sure it frightened you."

Upvote 0

GradualMetamorphosis

Nov 25, 2007
my own world
✟4,564.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Emiko nodded slowly and said, "thank you." Then she turned and left the office. She wanted to thank Beau as well, but the first thought in her head at the moment was finding her brother. Things would seem more normal if she could be with him for a while. This school was turning out to be even more frightening than she'd feared.

She lingered outside Magneto's office for a moment, waiting for Beau to come out. Stephen... she thought... so someone had done it on purpose ... but if he was going to die ... I guess I don't mind so much. But I was so scared....could it have hurt to ask me? She sighed softly and fidgeted with the hem of her shirt.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Lessien

Nov 14, 2004
You never know....
✟31,090.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
((GradualMetamorphosis might be OK with Steven being Kenji's roommate...you'll have to ask her, though....))

After a moment or two, Beau joined Emiko outside the door. "Sorry, just had to talk to him 'bout something. You okay?"

Upvote 0

truthworship

First-Strike Recon Scout in the RPG Republic
Jul 6, 2005
Ada, OK
✟9,770.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Enter Naricia

The long black limo pulled up to the gate of the House of M. Naricia grimaced as the classy car pulled to a stop. Why did father always insist of sparing no expense on her? Couldn't he allow her to arive in a taxi just like every other student here? Growling quietly she grabbed her bags and opened the door before the driver could even get out of the front seat.

She started walking down the pathway to the main entrance when she heard the driver call after. "Give my father my thanks for the ride," She said, keeping her eyes turned toward the school building and not turning around. She heard the accelerator gun the engine and roll out of the driveway. Smiling to herself, she took the front steps two at a time, her luggage bag in one hand, her sling bag on her shoulder and her gym back clinking in her other hand.

Making her way inside, she fought the urge to go straight to the gym and work out the stress that had been building since she had first landed in America. She didn't want to be here. She didn't want to be away from her family. And she didn't want to be away from her friends.

At least I'm a few thousand miles closer to Thor, the thought made her smile, though I doubt I'll have time to take a trip to New York. And Dad's 'spies' would never let me anyway.

She had met the twins Thor and Stella, when their father had been stationed in Japan with the American Airforce. Naricia's father Nick Simmons had been quick to get friendly with the Airforce base and had been lucky enough to land a lucritive technology supply contract with the Airforce. The three 'gifted' kids had become quick friends and something beyond friendship had been devoloping between Naricia and Thor just when the twins' father was called away to Germany.

A sad smile crept to her lips, It had been great to know people like them. I doubt I'll ever find friends like that again.

Naricia made her way up to her room in the girls' dorms. Finding room 213 unoccupied. If she got a roomate that would be find, if not, then the privacy would be a bit comforting. She set her thing on the bed to the left, double checking to make sure that all of her equipment was still arranged in her gym bag and then locking it with a key that dangled from her necklace.

GRRRRRR! Her stomach growled and she blushed, glad that no one was around to hear that sound coming from her stomach. She quickly made her way to the cafeteria, focusing more on getting a tray of food than on who was in the cafeteria. The sight of the greasy pizza nearly made her wretch, but she found the salad bar and quickly put together a vegetarian dish that was the best she could make with what she had. Grabbing a glass of water and a fork she turned to find a table.

One of the tables was filled with students who were chatting away. There were even a few Japanese students which surprised her. But she wasn't up for such a large group so fast, so she headed to the corner of the cafeteria.

Turning toward the corner she nearly dropped her tray as her eyes grew wide in surpise. Keeping her tray balanced in her expertly trained hand she rushed to the table in the corner and nearly squeeled, "STELLA! How in the world...why are you...what are you...oh, I'm so glad to see you!"

Upvote 0