Canmanico, Valencia, Bohol
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Again, here we have an incoming Marvel movie called "X Men: First Class. This is the fifth movie of the X-Men movie franchise (With X-Men Origins: Wolverine as the fourth) wherein Prof X and Magneto are not enemies but as allies.

x-men-first-class-poster.jpg

Seriously, I am so pumped up for this. Who wants to watch this movie, please drop by and let's discuss.

MrZoom

Catholic on Wheels
Jun 3, 2004
West Virginia
✟8,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm gonna get to see it for free! :clap:

I am a reservist at one of the comic book shops in my area. Typically for major comic book movie releases, the owner of the shop secures passes for reservists. I saw The Dark Knight and Thor for free this way. :D

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

IXA the Knight Kamen Rider
Apr 26, 2009
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Finished watching it and I totally was amazed by the characters around this show. I personally found it interesting, considering that I have been looking forward to this movie. This movie was worth it and I believe is one of the best superhero films ever made.

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't say one of the best ever made, but of the X-Men movies, it's by far my favorite. I loved every minute of it. Magneto has always been my favorite character and this movie just made me love him even more! Of course, my husband complained about some minor details like how they changed Erik's origins and had Mystiq with Professor X as a child when she never was in the comic..things like that, but since I don't read the comic, I had no problems with it :D

Who else loved the cameo (which shall remain nameless for those who haven't seen it)? I laughed so hard!

Upvote 0

Azureknight 773

IXA the Knight Kamen Rider
Apr 26, 2009
✟44,295.00
Country
Philippines
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I wouldn't say one of the best ever made, but of the X-Men movies, it's by far my favorite. I loved every minute of it. Magneto has always been my favorite character and this movie just made me love him even more! Of course, my husband complained about some minor details like how they changed Erik's origins and had Mystiq with Professor X as a child when she never was in the comic..things like that, but since I don't read the comic, I had no problems with it :D

Who else loved the cameo (which shall remain nameless for those who haven't seen it)? I laughed so hard!

Oh yeah, I forgot not to over-rate things based upon the awesomeness but it is just that it is awesome and that, a lot of character development on the main cast has created substance which makes them (particuarly Magneto) a lot likeable.

The cameo, oh yeah! I loved every moment of it. Thank you Mr. >XXX< for your appearance has made it worth driving the two heroes away with just your words. :)

Upvote 0

asianangel

Surrender, my everything to You
Nov 26, 2006
Sydney
✟16,896.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
AU-Liberals
Seen it twice!!!!! SUCH a good movie. So worth it. Could never go wrong with Bryan Singer writing. Soundtrack-amazing. A bit of continuity errors if you factor in all the movies but the script, the balance of story and action is just too awesome to deny!

Upvote 0

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Got to see this today (just got out an hour and a half ago), as an early Father's Day present

If you've been contemplating seeing this movie, go see it now.
Not later, not next week.
No matter what you're doing, go see it now.
Eating dinner? Posting online? Writing a thesis? Giving birth to your next child?
Seriously stop it, get down to the cinema put your fanny in the seat for the next 2.5 hours.
Yes, it's that good
Granted, it has a couple of "cornball" moments, but it's a comic book movie, so that's pretty much a given.

POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILERS

Two fantastically executed cameos.
A wonderful examination of the history of Charles and Erik and the reason behind their antagonistic friendship.
Some wonderfully done action sequences.
Michael Fassbender does a wonderful job as the younger Erik (the man who becomes Magneto). I was actually a bit worried about this specific role being filled, but worry not, he does a fantastic job.
Mystique is actually given some serious screen time, and her character is given a LOT more depth than she has in any of the previous movies.
I was initially VERY critical when I heard that Kevin Bacon was going to be the lead antagonist, but I was, in the beginning, middle and end, actually impressed with his performance.

Comic history purists might nit pick ALL the stuff the movie gets wrong (which is quite a bit), but it doesn't matter, they aren't creating this movie for such a tiny tiny fanbase.

Seriously are you still reading my review? Stop it and go see the movie! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

corvus_corax

Naclist Hierophant and Prophet
Jan 19, 2005
Oregon
✟14,911.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Michael Fassbender is a great actor..hands down, especially if he can break out the german ;)
French, Spanish and yes, the German.
(I know most people think I'm weird, but German just sounds "hot" to me, whether spoken by a woman or man).

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For goodness' sake...flippin' fundamentalist fanatics can find "evil" in anything. When Stan Lee created these characters way back when, he was writing against the government. The early comics are heavy with political issues, not religious.

If you haven't watched the movie then I don't care what you have to say. It adds nothing to the thread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SoldierOfSoul

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2009
Narnia
✟12,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It promotes the satanic idea of evolution

Satanic? I always thought it was the scientific theory (idea) of how certain species have come to be. Actually that is exactly what it is.
and the power of humans to become gods
Hey dude, it's a comic book movie...and I thought a rather good one at that.
:wave:

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Don't get me wrong, I love me some Hugh Jackman ;) But for the sake of story flow, he had no part in this movie and that did make me sad, but I still LOVED the movie. But I also like looking at Michael Fassbender :swoon:

Upvote 0