Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just an update on the new book I am writing "The Way and Free Will" - I have been madly writing over the last few days, so it has changed substantially to the original draft I provided on here.

The section on Romans 9 has been massively updated, to explain the whole chapter in light of the Early Church Fathers' view on the passage and scripture.

The link below has the latest draft, and is being continually updated.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟241,143.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I noticed no one had commented on your efforts and wanted to offer my brief observations as a form of encouragement. I have read only a small portion of the work, but these thoughts may be of use to you.

First, the a considerable strength in what you have written is that it is clear and your argument is developed in a logical fashion. At least in the early pages there is no rambling, non sequiturs, or wooly thinking.

I've picked out a couple of instances where I think you have been verbose. If you tighten up such instances it will further strengthen the clarity and flow of the book. I have entered your words within quotation marks and my suggested amendments in italics.

"So basically that broken down means that God has before creation chosen a select group for salvation, and a select group for damnation."
That means that God has before creation chosen a select group for salvation, and a select group for damnation.

"I would like to suggest each of us is born in a state of the unknown, we don’t know how to be saved, and we don’t know what God requires."
I suggest each of us is born in a state of the unknown, we don’t know how to be saved, and we don’t know what God requires.
Or even better: Each of us is born in a state of the unknown, we don’t know how to be saved, and we don’t know what God requires.

"We have seen some of the perceived disadvantages of Calvinism, now we will move to the argument for free will as found in scripture, and the Early Church."
We move from the perceived disadvantages of Calvinism to the argument for free will as found in scripture and the Early Church.

I wish you well in your endeavour.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,252.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I noticed no one had commented on your efforts and wanted to offer my brief observations as a form of encouragement. I have read only a small portion of the work, but these thoughts may be of use to you.

First, the a considerable strength in what you have written is that it is clear and your argument is developed in a logical fashion. At least in the early pages there is no rambling, non sequiturs, or wooly thinking.

I've picked out a couple of instances where I think you have been verbose. If you tighten up such instances it will further strengthen the clarity and flow of the book. I have entered your words within quotation marks and my suggested amendments in italics.

"So basically that broken down means that God has before creation chosen a select group for salvation, and a select group for damnation."
That means that God has before creation chosen a select group for salvation, and a select group for damnation.

"I would like to suggest each of us is born in a state of the unknown, we don’t know how to be saved, and we don’t know what God requires."
I suggest each of us is born in a state of the unknown, we don’t know how to be saved, and we don’t know what God requires.
Or even better: Each of us is born in a state of the unknown, we don’t know how to be saved, and we don’t know what God requires.

"We have seen some of the perceived disadvantages of Calvinism, now we will move to the argument for free will as found in scripture, and the Early Church."
We move from the perceived disadvantages of Calvinism to the argument for free will as found in scripture and the Early Church.

I wish you well in your endeavour.
I have used your section:

Each of us is born in a state of the unknown, we don’t know how to be saved, and we don’t know what God requires.

It has been added to the book. The other passages were corrected by my sister when she did some editing, so I have not made your changes to those.

But thank you for taking the time to look over some of it for me.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0