Would you vote for a woman president?

Would you vote for a woman for President?

• Yes, if she represented the right party and I agree with her policies

• Yes, regardless of party affiliation if I agree with her policies

• Yes, regardless of party affiliation or policies

• Yes, but only if I really hate the male candidate

• No, nothing would make me vote for a woman

• Probably Not, but I might in extraordinary circumstances

Results are only viewable after voting.

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Absolutely IF she met the criteria. I'm not voting for any chick just cause she thinks she can crow "girl power!" and get into the White House.

Adept female rulers are rare, but they HAVE appeared here and there throughout history. Heck yes, I'd vote for Queen Elizabeth I if she reappeared lol.

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I'll make a confession. At this point in my life, if I'm being completely honest, I'd probably vote for a woman just because she's a woman and I wouldn't care at all about her policies or her party line.

I think that just having a woman elected would, in and of itself, be a move in the right direction, politically and socially. Enough that whatever policies or programs she enacted would be relatively insignificant.

Plus, I'm completely disillusioned with politics and politicians - I think they all have the same agenda, anyway, so it doesn't really matter which party you vote for or which policies they claim to support or oppose.

Reactions: CocoaBean
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Honestly, probably not....

because I've yet to see a woman who I would back anyway...

but plus, biblically speaking, it's the man's role to lead, not sure how that translates to politics...but that's a really big leadership position...

I know....anyone can dis on me all you want for that...

I hope no one does attempt to dis on you, Marycita. You are entitled to your opinion and I would hope that we can all show each other respect in this thread. :)

I appreciate your contribution. Did you vote? :)

Upvote 0
F

faithyfelicis

but plus, biblically speaking, it's the man's role to lead, not sure how that translates to politics...but that's a really big leadership position...

I sort of agree. That's not to say I would never, ever vote for a woman for President, though... it just seems more natural to me when men take roles of leadership. I like it that way for some reason.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mjmcmillan

Sep 27, 2009
Out there. Thataway.
✟5,089.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not at this time. Reason: The ones presently in contention scare me even thinking about them being in office.

I might be able to vote for a woman to be president, but I'd have to believe in what she stood for and that she's not either (a) bonkers herself or (b) controlled by people who are bonkers. OK, that says I won't be voting for the Republican choices this time out-- On the Democrat side--- I never did believe Mrs. Clinton wouldn't steer the country at least as hard to the Left as Obama has been trying to do, and before everything is said and done I'm reasonably sure I don't want to go that far to the Left.

Reactions: ulu
Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

See? This is a good point, this is what makes me a little hesitant about a woman president.

Upvote 0
M

Marycita

I hope no one does attempt to dis on you, Marycita. You are entitled to your opinion and I would hope that we can all show each other respect in this thread. :)

I appreciate your contribution. Did you vote? :)
Oh thank you :)

And no I didn't vote...because while I think it's improbable..it's not impossible, so I didn't wanna just vote "no"

or did you mean in the elections? ^_^

Upvote 0

Tamara224

Jan 13, 2006
Wyoming
✟40,734.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oh thank you :)

And no I didn't vote...because while I think it's improbable..it's not impossible, so I didn't wanna just vote "no"

or did you mean in the elections? ^_^

I meant the poll, lol (but it would be interesting to see how many people voted for McCain/Palin who don't think women are leadership material... but I think that would be another thread).

I wish we could edit polls. I probably loaded the answers a bit, though I tried not to.

Does the "Yes, but only if I hated the male candidate" option not represent your position?

What if it were changed to "Yes, but only in extraordinary circumstances"?

Upvote 0