Would you Support a Temple in Jerusalem?

Would you support a temple in Jerusalem?

• If a world appeal were made to raise money for a Jewish temple in Jerusalem, would you donate to it?

• If you could not give personally, would you still approve or support it in principle?

• If a modern Jewish temple re-instituted animal sacrifice, would you join in its ritual and worship?

• If you abstained, would you still approve of Jews seeking God’s blessing through animal sacrifice?

• If a Jewish temple was re-instituted, would you as a Christian, warn Jews and Gentile alike from it?

• A new Jewish temple will never be built in the future, so it is not even an issue!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

On another thread, someone made the following comments to me: "It would not be an abomination for the Jews to re-institute the sacrificial system in a rebuilt temple."

Please let me ask several frank questions about this. The poll allows multiple answers if you agree with more than one option. (If you tick option #6, I suggest we tick another hypothetical one as well)

1. If a world appeal were made to raise money for a Jewish temple in Jerusalem, would you donate to it?
  2. If you could not give personally, would you still approve or support it in principle?
  3. If a modern Jewish temple re-instituted animal sacrifice, would you join in its ritual and worship?
  4. If you abstained, would you still approve of Jews seeking God’s blessing through animal sacrifice?
  5. If a Jewish temple was re-instituted, would you as a Christian, strenuously warn Jews and Gentile alike from it?
  6. A new Jewish temple will never be built in the future, so it is not even an issue!

J

Jade777

A temple is probably not necessary for Jews to offer sacrifices, for thousands of years they used altars (Gen 4:4, Gen 8:20, Ex 20:24, 2 Sam 24:25, etc), and in particular Ezra 3:6 From the first day of the seventh month began they to offer burnt offerings unto the LORD. But the foundation of the temple of the LORD was not yet laid.

Notice, "the Temple Institute is not building the Temple offsite. We are building a stone altar offsite so that when the opportunity arrives we can move it to its proper location on the Mount. The Divine service, including the offerings can begin before the building of the Temple itself, once the altar is built and standing in its proper place." (I can't post links yet search The Temple Institute - Frequently Asked Questions).

I do not view the Jews re-instituting sacrifices as an abomination. Daniel 11:31 & 12:11 conveys that the abomination implicates the discontinuance of daily sacrifices.

The bible indicates a re-implementation of sacrifices are prophesied to occur, as noted from the above, a temple is not necessary.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

On another thread, someone made the following comments to me: "It would not be an abomination for the Jews to re-institute the sacrificial system in a rebuilt temple."

Please let me ask several frank questions about this. The poll allows multiple answers if you agree with more than one option. (If you tick option #6, I suggest we tick another hypothetical one as well)

1. If a world appeal were made to raise money for a Jewish temple in Jerusalem, would you donate to it?
  2. If you could not give personally, would you still approve or support it in principle?
  3. If a modern Jewish temple re-instituted animal sacrifice, would you join in its ritual and worship?
  4. If you abstained, would you still approve of Jews seeking God’s blessing through animal sacrifice?
  5. If a Jewish temple was re-instituted, would you as a Christian, strenuously warn Jews and Gentile alike from it?
  6. A new Jewish temple will never be built in the future, so it is not even an issue!
No, but I would look at it as a fulfillment of bible prophecy. I didn't vote because that was not given as one of the choices, but which I think most futurists would take the same position.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not view the Jews re-instituting sacrifices as an abomination.

Well, according to the apostles it is a falling away from salvation, a falling away from Christ. Does the letter to the Hebrews mean NOTHING?
Any Christian who would support the re institution of a blood animal sacrificial system should think long and hard about championing the blatant rejection of Christ that such a system embodies at it's very core.

I am always shocked at how any self respecting Christian could support such an anti-christain activity. Yet soooo many do.... at their own peril I would add.

The bible indicates a re-implementation of sacrifices are prophesied to occur, as noted from the above, a temple is not necessary.
a)The Bible indicates no such thing

b) even if a temple isn't necessary, A priest class that can prove they are direct descendants of Aaron ARE necessary... and no such person or persons exist today, nor ever will.

oops!

Upvote 0

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
No, but I would look at it as a fulfillment of bible prophecy. I didn't vote because that was not given as one of the choices, but which I think most futurists would take the same position.

So, by saying "no" to the others, do you feel you would could vote #5,
If a Jewish temple was re-instituted, would you as a Christian, warn Jews and Gentile alike from it?

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So, by saying "no" to the others, do you feel you would could vote #5,
If a Jewish temple was re-instituted, would you as a Christian, warn Jews and Gentile alike from it?

I would be saying that it is a fulfillment of bible prophecy and that the Antichrist would go into it and reveal himself as the man of sin. When that
happens the great tribulation is at hand.

imo, construction of the temple will not begin until the confirmation of the covenant by the Antichrist, which in turn will be after Gog/Magog, which in turn will be after the little horn becomes the leader of the ten king final form of the EU. Which in turn, I would be pointing out that final form of the EU as fulfillment of bible prophecy, and that the Antichrist little horn would soon appear.

Upvote 0

GreatistheLord

I can do ALL things through Christ
Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
I would support a jewish 3rd temple because

A) its better than a mosque on the temple mount
B) its dedicated to the same God we worship
c) animal sacrifice is not a sin, and lastly
D) God himself has blinded them from seeing Jesus as the final sacrifice and priest

Also

E) it would give futurists a boost

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I would not support a Jerusalem temple. It would be like saying Jesus the Messiah did not come.

Jesus came, lived in perfect obedience to God's Law, gave his life as the sacrifice for sin, was buried. and arose on the third day. He paid the sin debt and is now ruling and reigning at the Father's right hand.

I would never give to anything that is saying Christ life, death, and resurrection was was not sufficient for our sins. That's exactly what Israel would be saying if they built a 3rd temple. so I could never support that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
J

Jade777

Well, according to the apostles it is a falling away from salvation, a falling away from Christ. Does the letter to the Hebrews mean NOTHING?
Any Christian who would support the re institution of a blood animal sacrificial system should think long and hard about championing the blatant rejection of Christ that such a system embodies at it's very core.

First of all I didn't say I was in support of it but that the re-implementation of the sacrifices are prophesied to occur did you not read Daniel 12:11 or did you just conveniently side step that one? The abomination here is the cessation of the daily sacrifices.
Daniel is a book of prophecy... 11 “And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days. Also notice Dan 11:31 And forces shall be mustered by him, and they shall defile the sanctuary fortress; then they shall take away the daily sacrifices, and place there the abomination of desolation. It is patently obvious that sacrifices need to be re-instituted before it can be taken away.

I can understand where you are coming from, however I think it is prudent not to judge one's Christian faith if you are not aware of certain biblical prophecies. Just because someone has a contrasting perspective on this specific 'abomination of desolation' and 'daily sacrifices' in Daniel 11 & 12 does not denote they reject Christ.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
J

Jade777

I am always shocked at how any self respecting Christian could support such an anti-christain activity. Yet soooo many do.... at their own peril I would add.

a)The Bible indicates no such thing

b) even if a temple isn't necessary, A priest class that can prove they are direct descendants of Aaron ARE necessary... and no such person or persons exist today, nor ever will.

oops!

Already answered a) in my previous post. As for b) what makes you think Jews are not direct descendants of Aaron??? Can you substantiate that claim? Apparently the tribes of Levites are scattered all over the world that includes in Israel.

Upvote 0
May 29, 2011
New Brunswick
✟16,263.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Others
When Christ died, the Veil was torn from top to bottom, this put to end the need of the Temple and the sacrifices because Christ was the ultimate sacrifice to come.
Therefore, I would not help out a building of the Temple. There is literally no need for one because Christ put an end to the old system with His death and resurrection.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gideon

Nov 13, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟32,027.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Lots of futurists sound like it will happen, the problem is the level of excitement they have that it will happen. Our excitement is to be about the resurrection and the grace in it.

Yes, the problem is the level of excitement. Futurists pretend publicly that they would not support a rebuilt temple. But privately, they are excited by the prospect of a new temple. Notice how some posters do not openly vote that they would support it, but neither do they vote to warn against it, belying their true feelings. :sorry: This is hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Gideon,

I would not support one because I know that the old Judaic system, the old covenant, has been superceded by the new.

However, I would not be at all surprised to see one built and do believe that many Jews are, this very day, working to do that.

God bless you.
In Christ, Ted

Upvote 0

Biblewriter

Site Supporter
May 15, 2005
Ocala, Florida
Visit site
✟531,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Lots of futurists sound like it will happen, the problem is the level of excitement they have that it will happen. Our excitement is to be about the resurrection and the grace in it.

Yes, the problem is the level of excitement. Futurists pretend publicly that they would not support a rebuilt temple. But privately, they are excited by the prospect of a new temple. Notice how some posters do not openly vote that they would support it, but neither do they vote to warn against it, belying their true feelings. :sorry: This is hypocrisy.

I am one of the most committed futurists in this forum. And I voted that I would not support it, and would warn both Jews and gentiles against it.

If you imagine that this is contradictory, you simply do not understand what we believe.

The scriptures tell us that the sacrifices and offerings will be brought to an end in the middle of Daniel's seventieth week. A practice cannot be stopped if it is not happening. And this practice can only happen in a Jewish temple. So we know a temple will be built and that the practice of offering animal sacrifices will be resumed.

Because we know this will happen, we get excited when we hear about the Jews working at actually building that temple and preparing to resume its use. We are not excited because we are happy they are doing it, but because it shows that the end times are very near.

But the scriptures also tell us that, although Judah will be back in the land, she will be there in rebellion and disbelief. So we cannot recommend to anyone, Jew or gentile, that they take part in this rebellious activity.

And the very last place we would advise any Jew to take up residence is in Judea, which is now called Israel. For we know that in a not very distant time, two-thirds of all the inhabitants of that land will be killed.

That is the position of any futurist that has any real understanding of Bible prophecy.

Upvote 0

YeShallTread

Nov 11, 2012
✟2,637.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The temple, the only temple, stands today. The temple is where Jesus dwells and that...is within us.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? If any man defile thetemple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

2 Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
As for the sacrifices given in the temple....

Romans 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Upvote 0

x141

Sep 25, 2011
Where you are ...
Visit site
✟25,111.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It would be the building of another lie ...

Upvote 0