Visit site
✟16,828.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This question assumes it is not legal in some sense where you live.

Would you smoke pot if it were legal to do so?

Not necessarily on a regular basis, maybe just to try or on occasion.

Yup.

Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
No I would never, and furthermore I would like to say that I have little respect towards individuals who use drugs as a form of escapism because they don't have the guts to cope with their lives. Unless one is terminally ill and in a state of suffering, or is incarcerated without parole, I don't think there is much use for drugs other than to delude yourselves.

As for whether pot should be legal, of course it should be. I think alcohol is also very bad and even worse than pot, yet Prohibition did a huge amount of good, did it not? Furthemore what people decide to consciously put intpo their bodies should be of no business of the state or other individuals, we own ourselves.

If you feel hurt about my opinions towards drugs, I could not care less. As a libertarian I defend your right to smoke pot, but who said I should support all the bogus theories of weed being healthy and all?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shane Plew

Cured
Jul 24, 2012
A Chair
✟15,478.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Nope, never saw the sense in it, and probably never will. I'm perfectly happy with the state of mind I'm in. I feel like changing that would cause me a great deal of stress. Also, I can't stand forgetting things. These are the reasons I have also never tried alcohol. In addition to my reasons for not smoking pot, there is no kind of smoke that is good for your lungs. I'd rather not have lung cancer.

Upvote 0

ProudMomxmany

slightly insane mom of many
Jul 6, 2013
✟17,163.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have no problem with weed. I smoked pretty regularly as a teenager and gave it up when I got pregnant with my first kid. As soon as the youngest is out of the house, daddy and I are gonna spend our retirement years baked out of our skulls! I don't really like alcohol (mostly just don't like the taste of booze) and I started smoking again a few years ago (stupid, I know...but at the time it was either a Marlboro or a nice long stay in the home for the bewildered).

I know some of my kids have tried it but none of them are "potheads".

Legalizing it and taxing the daylights out of it (like cigarettes) would go a long way towards solving a lot of problems, starting with putting the drug cartels out of business. We won't even discuss the tax revenue or the effect on Frito-Lay and Pepsi stock (Doritos, Mountain Dew and Taco Bell).

Upvote 0

Kurama

Believe in Humanity
Mar 25, 2013
✟17,730.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Legalizing it and taxing the daylights out of it (like cigarettes) would go a long way towards solving a lot of problems, starting with putting the drug cartels out of business. We won't even discuss the tax revenue or the effect on Frito-Lay and Pepsi stock (Doritos, Mountain Dew and Taco Bell).

Agreed, but underage people smoking weed should always be illegal.

I don't care if I have to sacrifice part of my libertarianism for this, children should not be exposed to drugs.

Upvote 0

ProudMomxmany

slightly insane mom of many
Jul 6, 2013
✟17,163.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, but underage people smoking weed should always be illegal.

I don't care if I have to sacrifice part of my libertarianism for this, children should not be exposed to drugs.

I have no problem with it being regulated like alcohol. However, I do think the age for alcohol needs to go back down to 18. If you're old enough to get married, get shot at and tried as an adult, then you should be able to buy booze, weed (if it was legal) and smokes.

Something I've noticed...I grew up as a child of immigrants. In both my father's and mother's home countries, drinking alcohol isn't a big deal. As a matter of fact, if you're old enough/tall enough to see over the bar, you get served. My husband and I took that attitude with our children. By the time they were 13 or so, if they wanted a glass of wine or a beer, they could have one. It wasn't a huge deal. To this day (my oldest is 31), none of my children drink to excess. They survived the military, college, high stress jobs without the "need" to get smashed.

I think the attitude towards alcohol especially here in the USA is quite messed up. But...that's another topic for another time. Maybe a nice glass of wine will help cure my insomnia...

Upvote 0

TravelerFarAwayFromHome

Broken but loved
Jan 16, 2013
✟27,939.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
No I would never, and furthermore I would like to say that I have little respect towards individuals who use drugs as a form of escapism because they don't have the guts to cope with their lives.

I respectfully disagree

what life experience do you have so far, may I ask?

Life is not fair, we were not all handed out the same deck of cards. Everyone is given different circumstances in life, many of which they have no control of.

And not everyone is lucky that they would find God, or vice versa

it is very easy for a Christian who has in God's in their life to watch over them and God's words to guide them to point fingers at others being weak, and forgetting that the only reason they are in the situation they are in is due to God's grace alone, not because they are somehow superior than those around them, and if they are placed in similar circumstances, for example, growing up in a family where they suffers physical and emotional abuse, with no one to guide them , tell them and support them to a way out, we ALL could potentially ended up in their shoes.

Lastly, what would Jesus do if He is facing with drug addicts? if He going to point finger at them? or will He extent a hand of compassion to help them out of the living hell they are in, even if it is of their own making?

the Jesus I know does not believe in survival of the fittest, and He treasure those who are looked down upon by society, includes drug addicts, as much as the next person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What the hell does Mod hat off, Mod hat on, mean? I remember the show
"The Mod Squad", but somehow don't think this has anything to do with that. Mod had, is that some "mod" or rad-lookin' witches hat or something? I grew up before age of internet, and some of these internet terms and features and customs I flat out don't understand or even give a crap about. Anyway, it's 5 o'clock somewhere for Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett, and it's 420 somewhere for Willie Nelson, Ziggy Marley, and Cheech and Chong.^_^

Upvote 0

apache1

Feb 11, 2012
✟16,526.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have no problem with it being regulated like alcohol. However, I do think the age for alcohol needs to go back down to 18. If you're old enough to get married, get shot at and tried as an adult, then you should be able to buy booze, weed (if it was legal) and smokes.

Something I've noticed...I grew up as a child of immigrants. In both my father's and mother's home countries, drinking alcohol isn't a big deal. As a matter of fact, if you're old enough/tall enough to see over the bar, you get served. My husband and I took that attitude with our children. By the time they were 13 or so, if they wanted a glass of wine or a beer, they could have one. It wasn't a huge deal. To this day (my oldest is 31), none of my children drink to excess. They survived the military, college, high stress jobs without the "need" to get smashed.

I think the attitude towards alcohol especially here in the USA is quite messed up. But...that's another topic for another time. Maybe a nice glass of wine will help cure my insomnia...

I agree with you 10,000 percent on this. On one hand, you have old conservative fuddy-duddies wanting to keep alcohol illegal til 21 (if even then), even though no compunction of sending 18 or 20 year old to get slaughtered in Afghanistan, and on other hand, you have good old "enlightened" liberal "Soda Pop" Bloomberg of New York City wanting to regulate sizes of soft drink cups and increase age of tobacco to 21 (and up there they like to make fun of Mississippi because it is "hick" and "backward" and has age of majority of 21). I believe in RESPONSIBLE right to bear arms, free speech, do what you want IF DON"T HURT ANYONE ELSE (e.g. drink, toke but stay the hell off of road after doing it), have consensual oral or anal sex with your honey or little spanky-panky that ain't prosecutable as some lame "sodomy" law, down with ridiculous speed limits (e.g. 55 mph on straight uncrowded freeway in middle of nowhere - like the song "I can't drive..55 !), etc., and GOD BLESS AMERICA (and world in general) and unapologetically MERRY CHRISTMAS (not xmas).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
No I would never, and furthermore I would like to say that I have little respect towards individuals who use drugs as a form of escapism because they don't have the guts to cope with their lives. Unless one is terminally ill and in a state of suffering, or is incarcerated without parole, I don't think there is much use for drugs other than to delude yourselves.
What if it's simply because it feels good? There are happy people who smoke pot, you know. ^_^

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What the hell does Mod hat off, Mod hat on, mean? I remember the show
"The Mod Squad", but somehow don't think this has anything to do with that. Mod had, is that some "mod" or rad-lookin' witches hat or something? I grew up before age of internet, and some of these internet terms and features and customs I flat out don't understand or even give a crap about. Anyway, it's 5 o'clock somewhere for Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett, and it's 420 somewhere for Willie Nelson, Ziggy Marley, and Cheech and Chong.^_^

Mod. As in moderator. As in, the people who make sure everyone is following the site's rules we all agreed to follow. "Mod hat" is just a cute way of showing they're a moderator and are about to enforce ToS. (That's Terms of Service).

Upvote 0