indomitable
Aug 17, 2011
West Yorkshire
✟19,502.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'm sure prices will drop rather dramatically if it is legalized.

Of course, I'm sure that more people would simply grow their own if it became legal. Its not overly difficult to do.

I'd have my own plant(s) if the current laws in the UK were not as harsh as they are. You can be cautioned 3 times for simple possession. Not so for growing as they often treat it as dealing/supplying.

Upvote 0

Prayer Circle

Feb 4, 2012
OK, Why am I in this handbasket?
✟1,539.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't smoke it even if it were legal. It makes no sense to.
While on one hand legalizing pot and restricting sales like unto what we do with the other drugs, like cigarettes and alcohol, to a certain age group, we know there would be those who acquire it before they're legally able. And then we'd have to contend eventually with MASD=Mothers Against Stoned Drivers.

However, the taxes collected would be a huge benefit to cutting the deficit on a State or national level.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And then we'd have to contend eventually with MASD=Mothers Against Stoned Drivers.

Not very likely, pot produces an effect that is opposite to that of alcohol. If anything, people driving under the influence of pot would drive slower, and straight to a burger joint. That is if they don't fall asleep before they get to the car or find enough food in their fridge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kittycat7

Apr 7, 2010
✟15,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps. I'd be more likely to put it in brownies though. Human lungs aren't built to absorb smoke.

From a moral perspective (though not a health perspective) I think all drugs are basically the same thing. Whether it's caffeine or crystal meth, you're consuming a substance that messes up your brain, either for fun or because you think it will help you in some way. (Some people claim they like beer or coffee for the taste, but I think most of them are lying to themselves.) Illegal drugs are basically the same thing as underage drinking: it's not the substance, it's the fact that you're not supposed to have it. Also, you are likely indirectly supporting Walter White type guys.

People forget that alcohol, caffeine, and tobacco are drugs too, they just happen to be legal and socially accepted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would not. Family members included, I know too many people who, given a choice between buying weed or buying shoes for their children, would buy the weed. And I've seen too many who will scream and curse at me while proclaiming at the top of their lungs that NO, smoking weed DOES NOT cause anger management issues. They don't even see the irony in that.

PS: I agree with Pie in the post above mine. Just because a substance is legal, doesn't mean it's good. I feel similarly toward alcohol and cigarettes, having seen children equally neglected in favor of those substances as well. Caffeine, in fairness, should be put in the same class, but I've never seen children neglected or fights break out over it.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pot is only addictive because they have changed the definition.

Under the current definition soda and chocolate are addictive.

IMO they are. I am extremely addicted to chocolate and will go into full-blown withdrawal without it. My husband drinks Diet Coke like some men drink beer, and will have headaches if he tries to switch to decaf. So yes, I think they are addictive also.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟841,781.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is not my official opinion on the subject. I already gave that a few posts back as a participant.

Elizabethinhatcroppedcloser.jpg

MOD HAT ON

Ladies and gentlemen, before it happens, please remember that at CF we have a rule against promoting illegal activity. The use of marijuana is legal in some places and illegal in others, so please only state your personal opinion, without promoting the use of it.

No rules have as yet been broken. For the benefit of newcomers or lurkers, I'm just being proactive, so there won't be.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0