would you like to see Trump run in 2024 ?

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If trump runs again, I will do whatever I can to insure his defeat. He is an abominable human being in many areas.

If he should win I will leave the country. I am serious!

Upvote 0

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,196,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No, I don't think he should run again.

What I would like to see is a Moderate Republican (like a Charlie Baker or Larry Hogan or Chris Sununu or Bill Weld) run.

They have proven track records as governors so you're not going to get any surprises (and have proven they can win in blue states even playing for the red team)

Upvote 0

APersonWithNoName

Supporter
Feb 13, 2022
Auckland
✟89,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If trump runs again, I will do whatever I can to insure his defeat. He is an abominable human being in many areas.

If he should win I will leave the country. I am serious!

well , the beauty of democracy is that we are free to either support or work against a candidate we don't like.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,025.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Because I respect people with personal integrity and good character, whether they are liberal or conservative, I believe that Trump should never have run and been elected the first time and certainly should not run in 2024.

If Trump's presidency and its aftermath did not give Americans better judgment, I don't know what can shock them out of their misplaced adulation.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟7,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't know with Joe struggling in the polls I think trump would have a real good chance in 2024
You're supposing Biden will run for a second term. I don't know that he will or that he will get the nomination (mostly because of his advanced age).

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,388,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Look at what he is telling Dr. Oz to do, declare victory even though the counting is not done.

...and casting shade (again) on the ballot counting process.....not that it matters to any of his supporters.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,395,508.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
"Another remarkable and unexpected symptom of national decline is the intensification of internal political hatreds. One would have expected that, when the survival of the nation became precarious, political factions would drop their rivalry and stand shoulder-to-shoulder to save their country. In the fourteenth century, the weakening empire of Byzantium was threatened, and indeed dominated, by the Ottoman Turks. The situation was so serious that one would have expected every subject of Byzantium to abandon his personal interests and to stand with his compatriots in a last desperate attempt to save the country. The reverse occurred. The Byzantines spent the last fifty years of their history in fighting one another in repeated civil wars, until the Ottomans moved in and administered the coup de grâce.

Britain has been governed by an elected parliament for many centuries. In former years, however, the rival parties observed many unwritten laws. Neither party wished to eliminate the other. All the members referred to one another as honourable gentlemen. But such courtesies have now lapsed. Booing, shouting and loud noises have undermined the dignity of the House, and angry exchanges are more frequent. We are fortunate if these rivalries are fought out in Parliament, but sometimes such hatreds are carried into the streets, or into industry in the form of strikes, demonstrations, boycotts and similar activities. True to the normal course followed by nations in decline, internal differences are not reconciled in an attempt to save the nation. On the contrary, internal rivalries become more acute, as the nation becomes weaker."

~The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival, by Sir John Bagot Glubb - XXI Civil dissensions, pg. 12-13.

Can we handle any more political drama (Ecc. 1:9)?

We need Christ-like leaders using rhetoric leading to reform, not entertainers[1] creating further division (Luke 11:17-18, Mark 3:24-26, Matt. 12:25-26, 2 Pet. 2:17-22, 2 Tim. 4:1-5). The Gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John record the Lord Jesus Christ leading by example. Before anyone mentions Him using insults like 'dogs' (Matt. 7:6, 2 Pet. 2:17-22, Prov. 26:11) and 'snakes' (Gen. 3:1, John 8:44, Matt. 12:33-37, 23:1-39, Rev. 12:9), these have Biblically symbolic meanings. Are we the world (1 John 2:15-17, John 15:18-16:4, 17:14-15, Rom. 12:2)? Why and how?

~Psalm 146 (NIV)

~ 2 Timothy 3: 16-17 (NIV)

Whom are we going to ch is whaoose to serve this day (Josh. 24:15, Luke 16:1-15, Matt. 6:19-34)? Why?
  1. The Fate of Empires and Search for Survival (1976) - Sir John Bagot Glubb - XXIII Frivolity (pg. 14) - "The heroes of declining nations are always the same—the athlete, the singer or the actor. The word ‘celebrity’ today is used to designate a comedian or a football player, not a statesman, a general, or a literary genius."
People do not realize it and or do not know it but this is the real problem.
Ephesians 6:12
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟343,063.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No, I don't think he should run again.

What I would like to see is a Moderate Republican (like a Charlie Baker or Larry Hogan or Chris Sununu or Bill Weld) run.

They have proven track records as governors so you're not going to get any surprises (and have proven they can win in blue states even playing for the red team)
Part of me wonders if Charlie Baker isn't running for a third term so he can declare a Presidential run. But on the other hand, there is no way a moderate would make it through the primaries.

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟242,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
why and why not?

if not, who would you like to run instead?

would you like to see a familiar face like Ted Cruz, or a fresh face like Josh Hawley, Dan Crenshaw or Ron DeSantis?

No. I can't think of anyone in American politics worse than Trump. I'd like to see an actual conservative, not a Trump fan/enabler. I'd also prefer someone who's not a Tea Party fan like Cruz. Someone along the lines of Jeb Bush would be fine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ThatRobGuy

Part of the IT crowd
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
Here
✟1,196,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Part of me wonders if Charlie Baker isn't running for a third term so he can declare a Presidential run. But on the other hand, there is no way a moderate would make it through the primaries.

I think it all depends on which moderate is running.

Moderates have failed before because they weren't far enough right to appeal to that base, and they weren't quite moderate enough to bring in votes from the other side to backfill in states that have open primaries.

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟895,241.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
why and why not?

would you like to see a familiar face like Ted Cruz, or a fresh face like Josh Hawley, Dan Crenshaw or Ron DeSantis?
I would much prefer a more traditional republican but would take anyone effective over Trump. Ron Desantis seems viable. I want some whom can handle a crisis in a well planned out fashion.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟724,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No. I think Trump is a bully who would throw things into chaos. I would like to see Kieth Ellison in the White House but he's not on the national stage anymore. Otherwise Amy Klobuchar? I'm MN DFL to the heart. We need a Minnesota Liberal in office IMO.

• Useful
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟180,854.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
No. I think Trump is a bully who would throw things into chaos. I would like to see Kieth Ellison in the White House but he's not on the national stage anymore. Otherwise Amy Klobuchar? I'm MN DFL to the heart. We need a Minnesota Liberal in office IMO.
Recruit Al Franken!

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,488.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
why and why not?

Goodness, no. The man is entirely unfit for any responsibility.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,488.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Booing, shouting and loud noises have undermined the dignity of the House, and angry exchanges are more frequent.
This has been going on for centuries. Creative insults to the distinguished opposition is an art form that shows wit and intelligence.

Compare with the crass negative ads so beloved of the US voting proletariat and underclasses.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟312,488.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
But I have to concede that he was better than Hillary would have been.
How could possibly know that? What did Hilary do when she was not president that made you concede that she would have been a worse president than Donald?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟427,815.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
.....What I would like to see is a Moderate Republican (like a Charlie Baker or Larry Hogan or Chris Sununu or Bill Weld) run....
Those are far left radicals.

Upvote 0