1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. We are holding our 2022 Angel Ministry Drive now. Please consider signing up, or if you have any questions about being an Angel, use our staff application form. The world needs more prayer now, and it is a great way to help other members of the forums. :) To Apply...click here

would you like to see Trump run in 2024 ?

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by APersonWithNoName, May 19, 2022.

1. pescador

pescador Wise old man Supporter

+4,679
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    If trump runs again, I will do whatever I can to insure his defeat. He is an abominable human being in many areas.

If he should win I will leave the country. I am serious!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  2. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Part of the IT crowd Supporter

+11,785
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    No, I don't think he should run again.

What I would like to see is a Moderate Republican (like a Charlie Baker or Larry Hogan or Chris Sununu or Bill Weld) run.

They have proven track records as governors so you're not going to get any surprises (and have proven they can win in blue states even playing for the red team)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. APersonWithNoName

APersonWithNoName Active Member CF Ambassadors Supporter

+297
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Single
    well , the beauty of democracy is that we are free to either support or work against a candidate we don't like.

4. Fantine

Fantine Dona Quixote Supporter

+10,665
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Democrat
    Because I respect people with personal integrity and good character, whether they are liberal or conservative, I believe that Trump should never have run and been elected the first time and certainly should not run in 2024.

If Trump's presidency and its aftermath did not give Americans better judgment, I don't know what can shock them out of their misplaced adulation.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+13,219
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    You're supposing Biden will run for a second term. I don't know that he will or that he will get the nomination (mostly because of his advanced age).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  6. wing2000

wing2000 E pluribus unum Supporter

+13,412
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    ...and casting shade (again) on the ballot counting process.....not that it matters to any of his supporters.

7. Handmaid for Jesus

Handmaid for Jesus You can't steal my joy Supporter

+31,423
    Protestant
    Private
    US-Others
    People do not realize it and or do not know it but this is the real problem.
    Ephesians 6:12
    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

8. Sif

Sif .

+1,733
    United States
    Other Religion
    Private

(nm)

Last edited: May 19, 2022
  9. Arcangl86

Arcangl86 Newbie

+5,773
    Anglican
    Single
    US-Green
    Part of me wonders if Charlie Baker isn't running for a third term so he can declare a Presidential run. But on the other hand, there is no way a moderate would make it through the primaries.

10. Yttrium

Yttrium Independent Centrist

+2,716
    United States
    Skeptic
    Single

No. I can't think of anyone in American politics worse than Trump. I'd like to see an actual conservative, not a Trump fan/enabler. I'd also prefer someone who's not a Tea Party fan like Cruz. Someone along the lines of Jeb Bush would be fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. ThatRobGuy

ThatRobGuy Part of the IT crowd Supporter

+11,785
    United States
    Atheist
    Single
    US-Others
    I think it all depends on which moderate is running.

Moderates have failed before because they weren't far enough right to appeal to that base, and they weren't quite moderate enough to bring in votes from the other side to backfill in states that have open primaries.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+10,875
    Agnostic
    Married
    I would much prefer a more traditional republican but would take anyone effective over Trump. Ron Desantis seems viable. I want some whom can handle a crisis in a well planned out fashion.

13. rturner76

rturner76 Domine non-sum dignus Supporter

+2,994
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    No. I think Trump is a bully who would throw things into chaos. I would like to see Kieth Ellison in the White House but he's not on the national stage anymore. Otherwise Amy Klobuchar? I'm MN DFL to the heart. We need a Minnesota Liberal in office IMO.

14. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+7,369
    Lutheran
    Private
    Recruit Al Franken!

15. rturner76

rturner76 Domine non-sum dignus Supporter

+2,994
    United States
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Green
    Oh, dare to dream :crossrc:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Larnievc

Larnievc Well-Known Member

+4,910
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    Goodness, no. The man is entirely unfit for any responsibility.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  17. Larnievc

+4,910
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    This has been going on for centuries. Creative insults to the distinguished opposition is an art form that shows wit and intelligence.

Compare with the crass negative ads so beloved of the US voting proletariat and underclasses.

18. Larnievc

+4,910
    Atheist
    Married
    UK-Labour
    How could possibly know that? What did Hilary do when she was not president that made you concede that she would have been a worse president than Donald?

19. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+7,369
    Lutheran
    Private
    Yes, conclusions based on hypothetical situations are meaningless.

20. durangodawood

durangodawood Dis Member

+12,274
    United States
    Seeker
    Single
    Those are far left radicals.