Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don’t know to a surety that’s why I ask. Three quarters of the world was enslaved and Paul taught good or bad stay in your slavery unless you could legally be released. So that opens the door to ask.

You don’t know so would your following Paul’s teachings to keep your slaves or to keep them. Now this is without the Lord having given anymore than we have to go on then we do right now.

Slaves in Scripture are to serve even bad owners as if you were serving the Lord. Would He expect us to flee the sections dealing with slavery seem to say slaves should stay if no other manner to win freedom comes to legally set them free.
If someone was keeping me enslaved by force, I'd kill the slaver if necessary to gain my freedom, and then figure out how to deal with the Biblical consequences.

As for leaders, do you think the constitutionally prescribed method for removing a president is inherently un-biblical?

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If someone was keeping me enslaved by force, I'd kill the slaver if necessary to gain my freedom, and then figure out how to deal with the Biblical consequences.

As for leaders, do you think the constitutionally prescribed method for removing a president is inherently un-biblical?
I Do. No matter how magnificent a document the constitution is it was never called for by the Lord. It is solely secular and the only document We need is the Bible and I don’t mean the Mosaic Laws. The sermon on the mount and other N.T. teachings. Sadly being in the flesh we cannot live in that manner. We will in heaven.

I am sure you are aware that it was out of the line of Cain and his rebellion against God came all the worlds systems. It wasn’t until Israel in a state of apostasy asked Samuel for aa human leader. That was the real beginning the Lord’s people doing exactly what has happened Israel wanted to be like All the other nations And we have as well. We find ourselves in the same situation of people in Scripture called to submit to the ruling authority because they have been raised up by the Lord to serve them as if I am serving my Lord Himself.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
...We find ourselves in the same situation of people in Scripture called to submit to the ruling authority because they have been raised up by the Lord to serve them as if I am serving my Lord Himself.
I think your extreme position leads to some strange territory.

For example, if there's no truly legitimate way to remove rulers, then the whole American rebellion against King George, and every president since, is illegitimate.

Perhaps we should all bend the knee to Queen Elizabeth II...?

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think your extreme position leads to some strange territory.

For example, if there's no truly legitimate way to remove rulers, then the whole American rebellion against King George, and every president since, is illegitimate.

Perhaps we should all bend the knee to Queen Elizabeth II...?
That is pretty much Scripture calls you to do. Show anywhere it calls us to do anything that is in a place of authority. Even David when his son was seeking his life told his servant not to kill Absalom,
that it could be against God’s will.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That is pretty much Scripture calls you to do. Show anywhere it calls us to do anything that is in a place of authority. Even David when his son was seeking his life told his servant not to kill Absalom,
that it could be against God’s will.
OK. So because of American illegitimacy, youre a British loyalist. What are you going to do about that? Its quite the uphill battle.

Upvote 0

Vicky gould

Shekinah
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2019
North west
✟69,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK. So because of American illegitimacy, youre a British loyalist. What are you going to do about that? Its quite the uphill battle.
Not a thing I live and serve in a kingdom whose Sovereign calls me to dwell and serve who has placed in power.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not a thing I live and serve in a kingdom whose Sovereign calls me to dwell and serve who has placed in power.
So a rebellion (like the American revolution) is OK then, because its just another way that God places someone in power?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟433,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I believe the Lord raises who he wants and our duty to serve them. Sounds like you have a little revolution in your heart.
Revolution in my heart? I'm just talking about resisting despots, not about a permanent revolution attitude.

Sounds like you are willing to wear any yoke that any despot may place around your neck, rather than remove the despot from power (like we did in the American Revolution, to use one example).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,233.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
I Do. No matter how magnificent a document the constitution is it was never called for by the Lord. It is solely secular and the only document We need is the Bible and I don’t mean the Mosaic Laws. The sermon on the mount and other N.T. teachings. Sadly being in the flesh we cannot live in that manner. We will in heaven.

I am sure you are aware that it was out of the line of Cain and his rebellion against God came all the worlds systems. It wasn’t until Israel in a state of apostasy asked Samuel for aa human leader. That was the real beginning the Lord’s people doing exactly what has happened Israel wanted to be like All the other nations And we have as well. We find ourselves in the same situation of people in Scripture called to submit to the ruling authority because they have been raised up by the Lord to serve them as if I am serving my Lord Himself.

Not for Mordecai at any rate.

He refused to bow to Haman.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So many of the Biblical characters are highly unpleasant people.
Not if you were to meet them in person. I look forward to attending their classes and learning from them when we get to Heaven. I might even be interesting to visit their mansion there in Heaven. To see all of their rewards and accomplishments.

Upvote 0

Quackduck

Nov 5, 2019
Chester
✟18,685.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
Not if you were to meet them in person. I look forward to attending their classes and learning from them when we get to Heaven. I might even be interesting to visit their mansion there in Heaven. To see all of their rewards and accomplishments.
I have no interest in heaven it doesn't seem a very pleasant place at all if it actually exists, which I doubt. I hope when I die that is the end of me.

• Agree
Reactions: Tinker Grey
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have no interest in heaven it doesn't seem a very pleasant place at all if it actually exists,
By definition Heaven is a pleasant place. It is a place of rewards and of plenty. So there must be a problem with your understanding of what Heaven is like. Of course there is a very real enemy that wants to lie, cheat, steal and destroy. So there is no surprise in that.

Upvote 0

Quackduck

Nov 5, 2019
Chester
✟18,685.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
By definition Heaven is a pleasant place. It is a place of rewards and of plenty. So there must be a problem with your understanding of what Heaven is like. Of course there is a very real enemy that wants to lie, cheat, steal and destroy. So there is no surprise in that.

The Biblical god doesn't seem a very pleasant entity if what the Bible says about it is true, hopefully it doesn't exist.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Biblical god doesn't seem a very pleasant entity
Again that is your understanding. Those that are not born again and a new creation in Christ have a reprobate mind and they are not able to understand the things of God. Even there are those that are born again that do not understand the hidden mysteries of God. There are things that a lot of people will not understand until they actually get to heaven.

Upvote 0