Would you go to a memorial service dressed like you are going skiing? Cheney did.

xMinionX

Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
✟18,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Scribbler said:
Be honest about it? OK, if it was Kerry or Boxer that did it, I'd say the jacket seems a bit out of place for a memorial service, and forget about the incident within about 5 minutes. Quite similar to my reaction to seeing Cheney do it, actually.

In all honesty. :)

Good to hear you say that. :)

Upvote 0

Street Smarts

Oct 7, 2004
✟1,236.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
eroica said:
I'm sorry; I'm not American. You concept of "bleeding heart liberal" doesn't exist outside America, which is to the far-right of everyone else.

So you are worse than a bleeding heart liberal

Where are you from? I am wondering how much aid and consumption America does for your country

Reactions: mhess13
Upvote 0

Street Smarts

Oct 7, 2004
✟1,236.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
Neverstop said:
Why are our soldiers being killed? It's because they were put in "harm's way" by the Bush admin.

It is erroneous to call people who are defending their country "terrorists."

I love our troops as Americans and as brothers and sisters, but the US will not win the war in Iraq. The reason is because Iraqis do not want to surrender their way of life to a Western Imperial ruler.

It's been two years, and soldiers/Iraqis are dying as frequently today as they were a year ago.

All this rhetoric about 'elections' has not stopped the body bags from being filled up.

So what do you call all of the majority of Iraqis that are NOT terrorist and ARE helping the US to make their country better?

Oh and how come all these so-called "patriots" (in your and eroticas eyes) kill their own people with suicide bombers and such? That does make much sense if they are alledgely trying to help Iraq.

Upvote 0

Street Smarts

Oct 7, 2004
✟1,236.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
eroica said:
firstly, by definition, those killing your soldiers can't be terrorists. Your soldiers are military targets and very legitimate ones as well, being an occupying nation and all that.
secondly, I think it takes much more guts to defend against overwhelming odds. Remember the Alamo and all that?

Dont remember anyone in the alamo turning the cannon on their own people. For someone who hates America maybe you should use Americans to support your hedious stance against America.

Upvote 0

Sors

Still Love This Movie
Sep 30, 2004
Texas
✟22,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
eroica said:
I'm sorry; I'm not American. You concept of "bleeding heart liberal" doesn't exist outside America, which is to the far-right of everyone else.

You mean to the "far-right of most of Europe". Just thought I would correct you.

Sors

Upvote 0

alaurie

Welcome, Preston!!!
Feb 21, 2004
✟11,556.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
jamesrwright3 said:
The leftover Baathists terrorized their own countrymen. So if they are shooting at us and their own countrymen, blowing up us and their own countrymen, and generally trying to cause anarchy and destruction, I would consider them to be terrorists for all intents and purposes. If they were just targeting us, then maybe I would give them the benefit of the doubt and would call them insurgents. They are trying to cause chaos and upheaval so that they can retake power. Regardless of their intentions, they are using terrorist tactics.

Zarqawi, and those working for his organization, are obviously terrorists.

This topic has gotten way off topic. Let's talk about Dick Cheney's snazzy winter outfit.

I doubt you'll get a response from the poster you're addressing. I've noticed he doesn't come back into threads when bested.

Upvote 0

Whyzdom

Biblicist
Oct 13, 2004
Moline, Illinois USA
✟17,226.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
UberLutheran said:
...the way the Republicans criticized Clinton relentlessly for everything he did while Clinton was in office -- all the way up to, and including an attempted coup d'etat by [unsuccessfully] impeaching him!

But God forbid that we ever criticize St. George -- because if we do, we're "supporting terrorism" and "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".

And by the way: I think Cheney has funny-looking teeth! :D

He was successfully impeached...just so you know.

Upvote 0

Jetgirl

The cake is a lie.
May 11, 2004
San Diego
Visit site
✟22,039.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Reactions: mhess13
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jetgirl

The cake is a lie.
May 11, 2004
San Diego
Visit site
✟22,039.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
UberLutheran said:
...the way the Republicans criticized Clinton relentlessly for everything he did while Clinton was in office -- all the way up to, and including an attempted coup d'etat by [unsuccessfully] impeaching him!

But God forbid that we ever criticize St. George -- because if we do, we're "supporting terrorism" and "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".

And by the way: I think Cheney has funny-looking teeth! :D

Cheney wears a coat of questionable taste outside in freezing weather.

Clinton has numerous sexual affairs, using his political position to facilitate them, then lies about it before a grand jury.

Seems clear who's splitting hairs.

Reactions: Street Smarts
Upvote 0

xMinionX

Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
✟18,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jetgirl said:
Cheney wears a coat of questionable taste outside in freezing weather.

Clinton has numerous sexual affairs, using his political position to facilitate them, then lies about it before a grand jury.

Seems clear who's splitting hairs.

I think UberLutherans comments were about the overall trend of Bush supporters (some of them) accusing dems of supporting terrorists and comforting the enemy whenever the dems criticize Bush. Not just this one case.

Upvote 0