Would the Democrats be up for this? (Limited War over Ukraine).

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,713.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This limited effort doesn't require US troops. In the end, all that is being done is to give the East to Russia.

I strongly believe that we should give Ukraine sufficient weaponry to attack the missile and naval sites that send missiles to attack Ukraine. Not allowing Ukraine to attack missile sites is ridiculous.

I just got done watching an interesting animated video proposing a possible war situation as something to the affect of "What would happen if the US went to War with Russia over Ukraine?" It was interesting, but seemed a little optimistic.

The basic scenario/synopsis (for those that don't want to watch the video)
The US has soldiers as military advisors in Ukraine that are training Ukrainian troops on weapon systems etc. Russia launches an attack on a base/ facilities these troops are at and that triggers some kind of "red line" that the US has predetermined and this causes Biden to actually ask Congress to declare war on Russia with the expressed purpose to remove them from Ukraine. Congress agrees and we end up fighting a limited war with Russia, kind of like the Gulf War I only it is just us and Poland and the Ukrainians doing all the fighting.

We keep our missile attacks, bombing etc. to just Kalingrad and Ukraine to not have the war escalate. We send troops into Ukraine from the start of the war but they are used sparingly until we can land a lot of our reserve troops from Europe and the US, through Poland and into Ukraine to push the Russians out. Meanwhile we dominate Kalingrad air space keeping them suppressed but we don't sent troops to not antagonize the Russians into nuclear war.

After 6-8 Months we kick the Russians out of Ukraine with modest casualties, the only big losses come from assaulting the well fortified Eastern Ukraine / Donbass region.

My reaction
1) I've seen some speeches from Democrats that suggest they would be up for this kind of thing.

2) I have my doubts how much Republicans and Independents trust Biden when it comes to a real shooting war and one that could escalate into nuclear was as far as "declaring war"

3) Kind of surprised about the "Declaring War" part. I don't think we have officially done that since World War II. Thought it went out of fashion with the nuclear bomb.

4) This scenario seems to bet a lot on Putin behaving himself, when he might feel his position in Russia is in jeopardy if he looses.

5) While I sympathize with Ukraine, I think we are already spending a lot there. If we got more problems pop up like the past baby formula issue, this could have some political blow back that would cost Democrats dearly in the next election.

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
If missiles are the main advantage in Russia, then missile defense should be given to Ukraine in order to neutralize this advantage. Without this, everything else will have dim prospects.

"Closing the sky" for Russian missiles is the number one task.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: mark46
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can not compare the USSR and today's Russia. The USSR was 30 times stronger than today's Russia, but much smarter. Today's Russia is 30 times weaker than the USSR, but it operates according to the principle: if there is strength, then intelligence is not needed. There were principles in USSR (albeit erroneous in many respects), here one principle is the worship of power (if I am stronger, then I have the right to everything).

If there is even the slightest possibility of resolving the conflict through diplomacy, then it must be resolved without war. But at the same time, it should be taken into account that the world learned about war crimes in the Kyiv region only when Russian troops left there. How our citizens are now suffering in the occupied territories, only God knows. How can they be left under occupation for bullying? But if there is even the slightest possibility of agreeing that the Russians themselves leave the Ukrainian lands, then this, of course, is a better way than war.
Eastern Ukrainians have been deported to areas in the far east of Russia. They are called filtration camps on TV news. The Russians have forced labor camps for those they arrested and convicted. Bad, but probably not as severe as Stalin’s gulag archipelago written about by Nobel Prize winning writer Solzhenitsyn.

Russia has advanced guided missiles. They may have spent much of their inventory of these munitions. Putin is armed and dangerous. He has not returned his troops to their bases in Russia after four months like he promised close to the beginning of the invasion. He miscalculated.

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Eastern Ukrainians have been deported to areas in the far east of Russia. They are called filtration camps on TV news. The Russians have forced labor camps for those they arrested and convicted. Bad, but probably not as severe as Stalin’s gulag archipelago written about by Nobel Prize winning writer Solzhenitsyn.

Russia has advanced guided missiles. They may have spent much of their inventory of these munitions. Putin is armed and dangerous. He has not returned his troops to their bases in Russia after four months like he promised close to the beginning of the invasion. He miscalculated.
I went to school already in the 80s and found the USSR already different. He was softer to his people than today's Russia, many times over. Of the problems, there were only an arms race, a war in Afghanistan (about 100 people died per month) and a deterioration in the quality of life. All this was still tolerable. There was also a ban on Christianity. But it was filmed for the 1000th anniversary of the celebration of the baptism of Rus in 1988. Several processes were going on simultaneously in the 1990s: 1) the collapse of the economy and the availability of imported goods; 2) the restoration of Christian shrines, the printing of Bibles and the bitterness and corruption of the population; 3) occult revolution and worship of power (no matter what). This is the moral roots of what is happening now. The most terrible of this, in my opinion, is the occult and the worship of power, unscrupulousness. It is very important for people to boast of strength, to be proud . Almost no one takes God into account. Neither in Russia nor in Ukraine.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I went to school already in the 80s and found the USSR already different. He was softer to his people than today's Russia, many times over. Of the problems, there were only an arms race, a war in Afghanistan (about 100 people died per month) and a deterioration in the quality of life. All this was still tolerable. There was also a ban on Christianity. But it was filmed for the 1000th anniversary of the celebration of the baptism of Rus in 1988. Several processes were going on simultaneously in the 1990s: 1) the collapse of the economy and the availability of imported goods; 2) the restoration of Christian shrines, the printing of Bibles and the bitterness and corruption of the population; 3) occult revolution and worship of power (no matter what). This is the moral roots of what is happening now. The most terrible of this, in my opinion, is the occult and the worship of power, unscrupulousness. It is very important for people to boast of strength, to be proud . Almost no one takes God into account. Neither in Russia nor in Ukraine.
There were secret Christian meetings in Russia before the fall of the Soviet Union. I remember they brought down the Berlin Wall c. 1989-1990. Eastern European nations became democracies and prospered; more than during Soviet empire times.

Why Russia invaded Ukraine does not make sense. Many are suffering and joy has diminished. In the U.S. we are not allowed to kill unless it is in self defense, such as when someone with a gun breaks into a home. A homeowner may shoot an armed burglar in self defense. Home invasion robberies are prosecuted. A family should be safe in their home.

Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
There were secret Christian meetings in Russia before the fall of the Soviet Union. I remember they brought down the Berlin Wall c. 1989-1990. Eastern European nations became democracies and prospered; more than during Soviet empire times.

Why Russia invaded Ukraine does not make sense. Many are suffering and joy has diminished. In the U.S. we are not allowed to kill unless it is in self defense, such as when someone with a gun breaks into a home. A homeowner may shoot an armed burglar in self defense. Home invasion robberies are prosecuted. A family should be safe in their home.
Yes, many post-Soviet countries began to live better financially despite the fact that many enterprises went bankrupt. The reason for this (in my opinion) is new technology. I'm just talking about the fact that part of the population that has switched from highly skilled jobs to low-skilled ones is sad about this. Although they began to earn and buy even more.

What Putin's Russia did in Ukraine is a big crime. You can not kill people for any of the highest goals. If Russia needed Ukraine as an ally, then it was necessary to act in the same way as the United States acted, helping its allies, investing. If they only need the territory of Ukraine without inhabitants, then this is barbarism and stupidity. And a big sin. God will not leave such a thing so easily. Of course, this must be stopped. And this is not only in the interests of Ukraine. The Bible says that whoever justifies evil is not pleasing to God. And Russia's attack on Ukraine is a great evil. This is a dangerous precedent. For 77 years in Europe, no one has risked seizing someone else's territory. If this goes unpunished, it will encourage both Russia and other aggressors to act in this way. This will be considered effective. This cannot be allowed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ValeriyK2022

Jun 13, 2022
Kyiv region
✟56,600.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would like to remind you that war is an epidemic of injuries.

According to statistics, for one killed falls 2-3 wounded. If in Ukraine the number of those killed is already more than 100,000, then the number of wounded is more than 200,000. Thus, Ukraine needs not only military assistance, not only air and missile defense. Ukraine also needs medical assistance (doctors, junior medical personnel), medicines, medical equipment and food for the wounded.

upload_2022-7-21_9-18-54.jpeg

upload_2022-7-21_9-19-8.jpeg

upload_2022-7-21_9-19-59.jpeg

Upvote 0