Would like advise as want to give what I don’t need to those who can help poor to whom I can ?

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,090.00
Faith
Christian
I would like to give my belongings to those in need that I am not using now which is not my brothers things but it would take a long time to be able to sell to make money and may not be best at it so want to give to an organisation who can be trusted to seek to sell for fair price I thought perhaps Vincent De Paul would be easier though not to encourage such faith if I don’t know that I don’t care if have other Christian faith but how can I be sure they will and I think money should go to those most in need in poverty no food but don’t know if they give to them and don’t know who I should give to that I would like help to find appropriate organisation that will seek to sell for good price and give to those most in need.

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Thankyou I will consider to talk to them to see if they can sell it at good price and if it will go to those most in need that they need for survival.
I gave it for free to the salvation army. I don't remember getting anything in return. Luke 14:14. And you will be Blessed
Since they cannot repay, for your reward will be in the resurrection of the righteous.
Luke chapter 12. Sell your possession, and give to the needy.
God will reward faithful servants in His kingdom. Don't expect anything in return. Jesus will reward you in His kingdom.
Showing Mercy is the key.
Matthew chapter 5. Blessed are the merciful.
It's your decision. Take care.

• Useful
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟586,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you have a church that you trust, they should know who they trust for handling clothing and food.

Secular shelters use given clothes for homeless and other people, without promoting any religious way. But you might be able to do some kind of outreach while dropping off stuff there.

And there can be missions in cities.

And there are churches which sponsor outreach trucks. One group I have known has a canteen truck with hot drinks and hot dogs at the back, food bags on one side, and clothing distribution on the other side. Plus, they take orders for shoes and clothes and maybe tents and sleeping bags.

And you might ask someone living on the street, who is doing things to help the needy.

In Boston I at times shared with a church group who would load their van and stop by the Common on the same night each week, and they would give out food and clothes and blankets and spend time with the people.

And a guy with his car would come to downtown and give out food and clothes and talk with people and pray with them.

• Useful
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟581,090.00
Faith
Christian
I still have not done as I wanted to sell all and there were too many in my house most of them I think no one will buy for much second hand and was worried if I sell the lot for little is it disobedient to Christ command that I should seek to make profit.

I dont believe one needs to sell most of his possesions to be saved for I believe Gospel is that you are saved by the message of the cross but such works only necessary to enter kingdom on death that people can be saved as martyrs unless they are not if they are still alive they must be seeking to repent to share with poor not works because you only must seek to but you should to be ready because if you are not seeking to always you may die when not seeking to and if you didn’t die it will be done so is better if you get chance to sell most to be ready on death but otherwise should still preach as time is short as Jesus says He must work His works in the day as the night is coming when no one can work that they may be saved. And since I am not persecuted now I want to sell most. And since I am not persecuted now I want to sell most but I worry if I get rid of it without much money would be unwise that God wants profit to help the poor but I don’t know how unless I sell on eBay which will take long to list.

Last edited:
Upvote 0