dew1

Nov 25, 2013
✟7,658.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
hi :wave:
it's awkward, but I need to write it out, otherwise I can't face my future.
I fled from my family, my beloved city, and even my beloved country because of one reason, I am not a virgin anymore.

My grandparents and all my (big) family from my mother's side are catholic. My grandfather had christianize lot of people in his time, and respected in the region where I lived.
My fathers family embrace various religion.
:)

a few years ago, I had a boyfriend(Islam) and my family member not approved our relationship, because of his religion(in my country Islam men known to have more than one wife or do violence to their wives).
I decided to break our relationship, but in the same time I had did sinful thing.
And finally I know if he have his own family(his wife pregnant, and he has a daughter live in other city). I'm very regret with what I've done. Although he wanted to marry me, but I wont marry with a husband and the more important thing was I don't want to convert to his religion, and marry without my family's permission. I decided to sneak of from my father's house, for I know if my parents know if I'm not their virgin daughter anymore, it will kill them slowly. For I have embarrassed them and a whole family.

From that time onwards, I never attended mass in church nor pray in formal way as a catholic person. I feel so dirty and sinful.
I'm dying wanted to receive communion again, I miss that moment so much.
two weeks ago I went to a church, my eyes streaming after I received His bread, my heart feels warm and peace when I leave the church.

My sin seems to dance over my eyes every day and night, for a few months onwards I will finish my work contract and wanted to go home to my homeland, to my beloved family.
I feel very excited but scared in the same time.
I had called them, and they told me that they are miss me and love me and have forgiven me.
but, still, I don't know how to face them, later when my time's come..

thank you for listening.
please pray for me, may God give me courage to overcome all of this.
and how I manage my relationship with God again?
is there any chance that my church in my country will refuse me?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,671,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God forgives easier than we forgive ourselves. Go to confession & resume your life.

God bless you.

I fled from my family, my beloved city, and even my beloved country because of one reason, I am not a virgin anymore.

My grandparents and all my (big) family from my mother's side are catholic. My grandfather had christianize lot of people in his time, and respected in the region where I lived.

a few years ago, I had a boyfriend(Islam) and my family member not approved our relationship, because of his religion(in my country Islam men known to have more than one wife or do violence to their wives).
I decided to break our relationship, but in the same time I had did sinful thing.
And finally I know if he have his own family(his wife pregnant, and he has a daughter live in other city). I'm very regret with what I've done. Although he wanted to marry me, but I wont marry with a husband and the more important thing was I don't want to convert to his religion, and marry without my family's permission. I decided to sneak of from my father's house, for I know if my parents know if I'm not their virgin daughter anymore, it will kill them slowly. For I have embarrassed them and a whole family.

From that time onwards, I never attended mass in church nor pray in formal way as a catholic person. I feel so dirty and sinful.
two weeks ago I went to a church, my eyes streaming after I received His bread, my heart feels warm and peace when I leave the church.

My sin seems to dance over my eyes every day and night, for a few months onwards I will finish my work contract and wanted to go home to my homeland, to my beloved family.
I had called them, and they told me that they are miss me and love me and have forgiven me.

thank you for listening.

Upvote 0

wondrousgnat

Feb 27, 2013
Winfield Township
✟8,859.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Go to confession. No problem. I went about 25 years without going to any church and committed every sin but murder. My priest told me to say an Our Father and a Hail Mary and I was forgiven. I was out of the confessional in about two minutes.

GO

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
do you mind me asking what country you are from?

please go to confession, Jesus loves you so much!

remember that St. Mary Magdalene led a sinful life before she knew Christ
St.Paul even took part in the persecution of Christians
but Jesus forgave them and healed them

Jesus is greater then your sins
go to confession and TRUST that He removed this sin from you

Upvote 0

KNOWLEDGE BOMB

Jun 6, 2013
The suncoast
✟818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Or..... You could just do what the bible says and ask Jesus the one and ONLY mediator between God and man....

God absolutly would NOT have a child of His marry a child of the devil.... Islam Denys Jesus is the christ and the truth is not in them.... They are NOT your brothers!

What happned to the wisest man solomon? He became unwise and foolish because he married women with other gods and they brought those other gods into his life and the God of the bible will have NOTHING to do with anyother religion no matter how much you try and force Him....

Confession is Not needed if you follow Gods word... Jesus is the ONE and ONLY

That means Jesus is the only way God hears you... And there is no one between you and Jesus and between Jesus and God the Father....Otherwise you have someone elses word....
Thought I'd give that here so all sides are heard

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
K.B.

this is a Catholic subforum, and a Catholic woman is asking for advice

it is not proper for you to give advise that goes against Catholic teaching here

Catholics believe in the Bible

James 5:16
Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just man availeth much.

John 20:21-23
21 He said therefore to them again: Peace be to you. As the Father hath sent me, I also send you.

22 When he had said this, he breathed on them; and he said to them: Receive ye the Holy Ghost.

23 Whose sins you shall forgive, they are forgiven them; and whose sins you shall retain, they are retained.

Jesus sent his disciples out to forgive sin
Jesus has the authority to forgive sin, and here in the Gospel we see Jesus giving this authority

the Sacraments are real

Reactions: pdudgeon
Upvote 0

dew1

Nov 25, 2013
✟7,658.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I understand
I have been scared to go to confession too

but God heals you SO much when you open your heart to Him like that!

God bless you
you're so kind, thank you

its a BIG thing.
Can I make confession in another church in other region.
I have been active in church community and organization in my hometown.
its not only shame in front of Him, but shame in front of others people.
I am so excited but scared in the same time.

:,(

Upvote 0

dew1

Nov 25, 2013
✟7,658.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Or..... You could just do what the bible says and ask Jesus the one and ONLY mediator between God and man....
I did, in my every prayer.
sometimes I feel so happy and light, because I feel that I have forgiven, that's why He never stop His blessing to me..
But, sometimes I feel sad so badly, because I scared that He not forgive me.

God absolutly would NOT have a child of His marry a child of the devil.... Islam Denys Jesus is the christ and the truth is not in them.... They are NOT your brothers!
I know they have been taught as what you've said, but is that mean that they just a victims..

What happned to the wisest man solomon? He became unwise and foolish because he married women with other gods and they brought those other gods into his life and the God of the bible will have NOTHING to do with anyother religion no matter how much you try and force Him....
I will never exchange my God to anything

Yes, He is the One and Only, but I do need an advice from someone who could assure me, that He have open His hand to embrace me again :(

That means Jesus is the only way God hears you... And there is no one between you and Jesus and between Jesus and God the Father....Otherwise you have someone elses word....
thank you,

GBU

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
you're so kind, thank you

its a BIG thing.
Can I make confession in another church in other region.
I have been active in church community and organization in my hometown.
its not only shame in front of Him, but shame in front of others people.
I am so excited but scared in the same time.

:,(

yes, you can go to another Catholic Church in another place

to be honest.... I do not really like my parish priest so I normally go to a different church for confession

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

Hi
Catholic teaching straight from sacred scripture:
"Who sins who you forgive are forgiven then, who sins you retained, are retained" - John 20:23

Not to mention, not all sins are equal (1 John 5:16, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, etc)

Yes, Jesus is the mediator, but this catholic is asking for advice.

My advice: Don't be scared! Really! It's truly an incredible experience to know, feel and experience God's forgiveness, love and mercy in this wonderful sacrament! (((hugs)))

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

graciesings

It is so ordered.
Mar 11, 2013
Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
God forgives all sins. Sometimes that is hard for us to grasp, but God really does forgive it all.

By the way, many Christians go through a stage where they realize how terrible their sins are and feel REALLY bad about it. That is actually a good thing, because when God forgives us, we realize that we really do need His help. It also helps us realize how amazing Christ's sacrifice is. I went through a stage where I thought God would never forgive me for what I'd done. Then, one day, the Bible convinced me that God would really forgive me. (The verse was 2 Corinthians 5:15. I had figured I was so bad that Jesus didn't die for me!) That is when I realized how amazing God's love is. That's when my heart overflowed with joy and thankfulness. I actually regard the day that happened as a spiritual birthday, because I came back to my faith (I hadn't really believed in God since I was a little kid) and I have followed Jesus ever since.

So, based on my story, I am glad that you're posting with the tone you did. I think that realizing the magnitude of sin is a huge factor in our realizing the magnitude of God's love.

Also, don't worry too much about knowledge bomb. He dissents with the church and tries to post that fact whenever he can, sometimes his posts are a little off topic because he wants to argue.

I think it would be a good idea to go to confession in whatever parish you'd be most comfortable at. And, think about how amazing God is to forgive you. As you ask for forgiveness, think how amazing it is that Jesus died for someone like you :)

God bless you,
Grace

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian

thank you for listening.

A priest I knew would always say regarding forgiveness. Run don't walk back to Jesus, his arms are always open and he always forgives.

So don't wait, run back today.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
When Jesus said "come to me all ye that labor and are burdened and I will refresh you" (Matt 11:28) By those who labor and are burdened, He meant only those who are slaves to sin and error, come to him and He will refresh you. What gentleness did our Lord show! This is the traditional interpretation of that verse from the Church Fathers to St. Pius X.

you mean "from the Church Fathers to the present day"

the Church has always preached that Christ frees us from the slavery to sin that has befallen the whole human race

Upvote 0

Dave B

Site Supporter
Dec 15, 2015
Springfield, Missouri
✟28,432.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You have already been forgiven! Jesus died for all humanity. The fact that you acknowledge a fault is humbling. Penance is doing something that we do to show that we are sorry for our sins. When making a confession, It is Jesus whom the confession is being made to. Truly, it will set you free.

Last edited:
Upvote 0