Would be good to backup forum

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,469.00
Faith
Christian
I think forum should be backed up so people can learn it is unfortunate there is forum bug I hope it can be fixed as people may seek to control media to delete all web so others are not helped during difficult time to see proof God is with us. It is not easy for me to backup as seem to struggle not having expertise that it becomes too time consuming

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think forum should be backed up so people can learn it is unfortunate there is forum bug I hope it can be fixed as people may seek to control media to delete all web so others are not helped during difficult time to see proof God is with us. It is not easy for me to backup as seem to struggle not having expertise that it becomes too time consuming
Is everything on this forum worthy of being backed up?

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,469.00
Faith
Christian
May not be very good things but you are able to see what spiritual wars people face to do good and evil and it is important for the sake of what is good. If you remove it devil will just keep doing same evil and bring offenses so it is not helpful to delete it for then people think it is new if you hide then it gives impression people are afraid of what knowledge others can hear to seem biased.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
May not be very good things but you are able to see what spiritual wars people face to do good and evil and it is important for the sake of what is good. If you remove it devil will just keep doing same evil and bring offenses so it is not helpful to delete it for then people think it is new if you hide then it gives impression people are afraid of what knowledge others can hear to seem biased.
Keeping it is not going to stop the devil it just might give him more ammunition

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I would be surprised if the forum was not backed up regularly, as common web development and IT practices require backups. It would be extremely difficult to restore the site without backups.

• Informative
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks I thought so but I wondered if they keep them or if they delete them all if they close site and if they would give access to others or if it is just internet backup that others are able to delete all.
If they closed the site, then they probably wouldn’t make them available. However, a good amount of posts are likely available on the WayBack machine website, which is not dependent on whether they close the site or not, as it is a third party.

Wayback Machine

• Informative
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,469.00
Faith
Christian
That’s what I thought so I may seek to find another to backup incase I am not able but I am not sure where to find one yet who knows how to backup whole sites and it is uncomfortable to ask because may be harder to find a christian person to ask and and prefer not to ask others as I don’t want to use them if they will think it strange to look down on me and I don’t like to ask non Christian’s or anyone for I worry I use them to do something good for me to make them feel like they did a favour God always owes them that so that it does not matter if they believe in Jesus or how they live their life but I think owner of this site should accept to if it is just to me that perhaps they could consider if just to me. Wayback machine probably only has those backups that people put in so probably won’t have alot that is here or my posts

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think they would do that. If you are concerned about your posts though, you could just save the page off to PDF.

ETA: If there is flaming or something that breaks the rules though, they may do something with moderation.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
That’s what I thought so I may seek to find another to backup incase I am not able but I am not sure where to find one yet who knows how to backup whole sites and it is uncomfortable to ask because person might think I am strange to ask but I think owner of this site should accept to if it is just to me that perhaps they could consider if just to me. Wayback machine probably only has those backups that people put in so probably won’t have alot that is here or my posts
Wayback is all based on bot crawlers on the Internet from various sources. It’s not related to the people who run the site at all.

Wayback Machine - Wikipedia

• Informative
Upvote 0